Opinion The great stud debate of 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just disappointed for the young man. Your first game of senior footy should be an occasion of joy and celebration, especially when you have a solid game and kick a goal. Through no fault of his, he gets massive social media vilification. Sad all round. I expect Quaynor will recover with no long term ill-effect. I hope it is all forgotten quickly.

Media reporting is beyond ridiculous. Some idiot reporter called Jay Clark in the West Australian ( my fault for reading it) stated that the Swans admitted the boots he wore contained " metal spikes" which were not compliant. He then quotes what they actually said. Must be a Collingwood supporter. It's salutary to see how much misreporting of fact accentuates hysteria.

Media reporting is beyond ridiculous. Some idiot reporter called Jay Clark in the West Australian ( my fault for reading it) stated that the Swans admitted the boots he wore contained " metal spikes" which were not compliant. He then quotes what they actually said. Must be a Collingwood supporter. It's salutary to see how much misreporting of fact accentuates hysteria.
Collingwood supporters buy Murdoch press, so it is natural that they tailor the narrative their way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity that the AFL does not name other players who use the same boots.
Shouldn't need to imo.

A simple "This boot was allowed, after this incident we are now banning it. All players from now cannot wear it, penalties apply"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back