Women's Footy The greatest AFLW club isn't even in the AFLW yet

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll be the last side that wants to field a team in the AFLW!!
& don't tell me the drop punts at AFL house don't have an agenda against us OK!!

Mental that Richmond, a team which cut their VFLW program can retain their AFLW licence while we can't get one. Poor from Kennet initially but so amazing to see that we're taking steps like this and when we finally do get our team, it's going to be amazing!

Great idea. This really gives the team authenticity and shines a light on the next step for women involved in AFL.

Interestingly the league that my daughter plays in also has no female head coaches. Hopefully that will change.

Now just watch the AFL run with this idea at say gws "the all female coaching team" and claim it as their own.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Actually AFLW in NSW and QLD make sense. I saw a few GWS AFLW teams on TV and the crowd excitement was much better than the AFLM team!

I like how the club hasn't let up on it's women's footy investment and promotion despite not much encouraging public info about the AFLW prioritising Hawthorn for a license.

Clear statement of intent and vision for the organisation that should pay off and make for an easy transition into the growing and publicly prioritised ($$, health, gender equality etc) industry.

Mental that Richmond, a team which cut their VFLW program can retain their AFLW licence while we can't get one. Poor from Kennet initially but so amazing to see that we're taking steps like this and when we finally do get our team, it's going to be amazing!
I could be wrong but I thought that was part of the whole Garvey / Gaudry mess where we didn't apply first time round, bumbled around appointing a CEO, asked them to put together the bid and the results were less than impressive

After that I believe Jeff said they'd focus on VFLW as they could do that immediately and would get back to an AFLW bid after building up the expertise and structures required through VFLW

Bec did a piece on SEN. Throwaway line at the end by Andy (Its all I caught actually) "They're lucky to have you Bec" probably true but did any AFLW licensed club approach her?

I'm sort of thinking the Female coaches will get plenty of 'experience' involved with the 'Mens' team too. AFL can't complain as Indigenous and Female coaches salaries aren't in the 'soft cap'

Ahead of the game as usual. Not that I think its a total rort. The all female coaching panel for VFLW is brilliant too.

I could be wrong but I thought that was part of the whole Garvey / Gaudry mess where we didn't apply first time round, bumbled around appointing a CEO, asked them to put together the bid and the results were less than impressive

After that I believe Jeff said they'd focus on VFLW as they could do that immediately and would get back to an AFLW bid after building up the expertise and structures required through VFLW

Jeff was there most weeks supporting the VFLW team

Jeff was there most weeks supporting the VFLW team
Yeah I have no problem with the reset and change of tactic when he came in regarding AFLW, it made sense considering we knew we were going to miss the boat for a few years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back