The Greek football thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh jeez, what happened with Olympiakos?! hahaha
Bad luck PAOK, got the result they wanted in Amsterdam and then screwed it up.

I know! What a great last 10 minutes from APOEL!
I agree - hahaha Olympiakos, the only Greek team I can't bring myself to support when playing in Europe. Never could, never will.
PAOK shot themselves in the foot, you just have to take your chances.

I agree - hahaha Olympiakos, the only Greek team I can't bring myself to support when playing in Europe. Never could, never will.
PAOK shot themselves in the foot, you just have to take your chances.
I'm feeling that way now as well.
Yep, PAOK definitely had their chance.

In the Europa, Panathinaikos defeated AIK, PAS Giannina wasted Panionios' spot ;) and AEK lost 1-0 in France. So the Greens are the only team in European Competitions, right?

We choked again, Klaus had multiple opportunities, one more goal would've put us through. I don't think we would've beaten by of the seeded teams in the playoff round for UCL, but we would've avoided playing off for Europa had we lost at that stage.

Anyway the playoff draw was last night, we got Dinamo Tbilisi, Panathinaikos got Brondby and Olympiakos play Arouca.

We choked again, Klaus had multiple opportunities, one more goal would've put us through. I don't think we would've beaten by of the seeded teams in the playoff round for UCL, but we would've avoided playing off for Europa had we lost at that stage.

Anyway the playoff draw was last night, we got Dinamo Tbilisi, Panathinaikos got Brondby and Olympiakos play Arouca.
All should go through, we need to accumulate some points badly.

Much better night for Greek football. PAO and PAOK seal their ties with 3-0 wins, and Oly win 1-0 away... Also, APOEL are still in with a big shot against Copenhagen.
Good to hear :thumbsu:

Also, the Superleague starts this weekend, doesn't it?
Everything must have been resolved, or they've painted over the cracks as usual..

I just went on a holiday to Greece and Serbia. (I am of Greek heritage myself) and I can honestly say that going to soccer matches in both of these countries was possibly the most amazing experience that I have ever had. I ticked off a bucket list item of mine and went to a Panathanikos game (I am a huge fan) and a Red Star Belgrade game, and **** me both games were amazing. Full crowds, fantastic atmospheres and a great way to absorb some of the culture.

I just went on a holiday to Greece and Serbia. (I am of Greek heritage myself) and I can honestly say that going to soccer matches in both of these countries was possibly the most amazing experience that I have ever had. I ticked off a bucket list item of mine and went to a Panathanikos game (I am a huge fan) and a Red Star Belgrade game, and **** me both games were amazing. Full crowds, fantastic atmospheres and a great way to absorb some of the culture.
Awesome. So Red Star still pulling in a crowd ? Poor buggers have fallen a long way since being crowned European champions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You ever been to a match?
Actually I have been to hundreds of matches, I grew up in Greece. I have probably been everywhere in Greece just by following AEK around, LOL.
Until this day I am still friends with heaps of people involved in fan clubs.
Probably the biggest match I have had the pleasure of witnessing live was the Barcelona - AC Milan CL final.

Lucky you! That would be so good!

My family and I went to Greece while the lockouts were happening, matches occurring behind closed doors :mad: So, we were going to watch PAO V Panionios at PAO's stadium but weren't allowed. We pulled the "We've come from Australia just to see this match" and they allowed us to walk on the pitch before the warm-ups were happening haha.

Actually I have been to hundreds of matches, I grew up in Greece. I have probably been everywhere in Greece just by following AEK around, LOL.
Until this day I am still friends with heaps of people involved in fan clubs.
Probably the biggest match I have had the pleasure of witnessing live was the Barcelona - AC Milan CL final.
Awesome! That would be so cool.. U a member of Original?

Lucky you! That would be so good!

My family and I went to Greece while the lockouts were happening, matches occurring behind closed doors :mad: So, we were going to watch PAO V Panionios at PAO's stadium but weren't allowed. We pulled the "We've come from Australia just to see this match" and they allowed us to walk on the pitch before the warm-ups were happening haha.
That would be so good!

That would be so good!
It was pretty good, but at the time, I was an Olympiakos fan so it felt weird :D
Yeah, have a few mates in G13. All of my family are PAO fans, but my Papou and I are Panionos..
All of my family are still Olympiakos, but Dad and I decided to pick up where my Pappou left off from. It's weird how I now don't feel hatred for Panathinaikos anymore but now I'm not fond of the Reds o_O

It was pretty good, but at the time, I was an Olympiakos fan so it felt weird :D

All of my family are still Olympiakos, but Dad and I decided to pick up where my Pappou left off from. It's weird how I now don't feel hatred for Panathinaikos anymore but now I'm not fond of the Reds o_O
Which team do you support in the A League?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back