Analysis The Brown Shoots Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone's being spraying the fertilizer!
Green shoots everywhere.
Players are capable of standing up when others are down (Gibbs and Plowman for Cripps and Weiters)
Daisy getting back to his best
Curnow is great when released from tagging duties (not that he wasn't great before)
Murphy undefeated in the helmet
Byrne growing each game
Plowman damaging without needing plenty of touches

Who would have thought that we'd get back to back wins this season and could go into a 3rd and 4th with some level of confidence?

Funnily enough the guy that I'm really excited about is still several weeks away from returning after injury. I cannot wait to see Harry in the VFL and the small amount of time he had in the NAB challenge was enough to want to see more.

Phillips has been a nice green shoot since preseason. His athleticism is very good for his size and some of those marks and that goal especially from a long way out was outstanding.

He'll have up and down games. For a tall who hasn't even played 50 games I think it's especially important we be patient with him.

Funnily enough the guy that I'm really excited about is still several weeks away from returning after injury. I cannot wait to see Harry in the VFL and the small amount of time he had in the NAB challenge was enough to want to see more.

Can see McKay being packed up for most of the year doing conditioning. Stress fractures can be a jerks.

Yeah I agree. Won't be expecting too much coming back from his injury, but it will be exciting to see him play some football in the second half of the year.

Phillips has been a nice green shoot since preseason. His athleticism is very good for his size and some of those marks and that goal especially from a long way out was outstanding.

He'll have up and down games. For a tall who hasn't even played 50 games I think it's especially important we be patient with him.

Looks like he is building into it.

Gotta stick with these sorts of guys and show them faith. We all know big guys take a little time to come on, but also confidence is a massive thing.

Just look at Max Gawn, he has just taken his game to a whole new level, and according to him it's all been on the back of feeling like he belongs at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many green shoots the Magpie doesn't know what to do!!

magpie-green-grass-carrying-food-park-58380856.jpg

Carlton have the second highest amount of players averaging over 20 disposals per game with nine. Bulldogs are the highest with 10.

To me this indicates the even spread of contributors we are building, which reflects Bolton's team first attitude.

Carlton have the second highest amount of players averaging over 20 disposals per game with nine. Bulldogs are the highest with 10.

To me this indicates the even spread of contributors we are building, which reflects Bolton's team first attitude.
Although we haven't kicked a lot of goals, it seems we have a bigger spread of goal kickers compared to previous years as well (19).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back