The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't agree with all his points, but he makes a compelling argument.
What he missed in the part talking about “so much other misbehaviour had been let go” is that the public (well ok this member of the public) wants all the misbehaviour punished and why I see the treatment by the greens/ bandt as a positive attempt to raise the standard.

What Linda Reynolds did this week was much worse than anything Lidia did. I wonder why it didn't get the same media focus?
I thought Linda had left politics for health reasons.
Can you repeat for us what she did (vague recall about trying to get court transcripts or something) - or do you mean what Reynolds did previously (contemporaneous actions re Higgins and lerhmann)

I thought Linda had left politics for health reasons.
Can you repeat for us what she did (vague recall about trying to get court transcripts or something) - or do you mean what Reynolds did previously (contemporaneous actions re Higgins and lerhmann)

She was trying to coach Bruce Lehrmann's defense lawyers, among other things.

What Linda Reynolds did this week was much worse than anything Lidia did. I wonder why it didn't get the same media focus?
Linda Reynolds was a witness in active criminal trial in which the jury is deliberating their verdict, a trial which was already delayed because of the media commentary around the case. It is entirely reasonable that the media be circumspect about any commentary before the verdict is rendered.

Linda Reynolds was a witness in active criminal trial in which the jury is deliberating their verdict, a trial which was already delayed because of the media commentary around the case. It is entirely reasonable that the media be circumspect about any commentary before the verdict is rendered.

The media has been commenting on the trial all week.

What he missed in the part talking about “so much other misbehaviour had been let go” is that the public (well ok this member of the public) wants all the misbehaviour punished and why I see the treatment by the greens/ bandt as a positive attempt to raise the standard.
I think Bandt had to do what he did, but there isn't any credible allegation of criminality, only a public perception of a conflict of interest. I don't regard that as too serious a misbehaviour.

The media has been commenting on the trial all week.
There is a difference between reporting on the conduct of the trial, and providing a commentary about the trial and the witnesses. Merely repeating what was is said in open court in front of the jury is fine. When you go beyond that is when you start risking tainting the jury, causing a mis-trial and contempt of court,

I think Bandt had to do what he did, but there isn't any credible allegation of criminality, only a public perception of a conflict of interest. I don't regard that as too serious a misbehaviour.
And why I see the punishment as about appropriate (demotion, probably temporary tbh). It’s the lack of historical punishment on other various slime that sickens me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm curious as to why you think it's any of your business what her dating habits are.
I'm trying to work out how they think dating an ex bikie would mean Lidia is no longer alert to racism

I'm curious as to why you think it's any of your business what her dating habits are.
Well there was a conflict of interest with her role on a committee on crime
I'm trying to work out how they think dating an ex bikie would mean Lidia is no longer alert to racism
Woke people say its all about being considerate of others. It's hard to reconcile that attitude with the criminal underworld.

Woke people say its all about being considerate of others. It's hard to reconcile that attitude with the criminal underworld.

Probably the woke position on bikie gangs is "not prejudging their life choices without knowing their background of trauma blah blah make allowances for others blah blah"

that's not what being woke means

Remove this Banner Ad

Back