The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, the Greens are to blame for inaction on climate change :rolleyes:
Well Father, they are the ones that blocked significant progress on climate change in the Senate by blocking the Carbon Tax and then have the temerity to run election campaigns saying that they are the party for the environment and it only serves to keep the ALP out of office, the only Party that can do anything about climate change and the envioronment.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not saying at all that the ALP are blameless for inaction on climate change, far from it, indeed, the ALP have managed to hand Government on a plate to Abbott and then Morrison which has had dire and ongoing dire consequences for the environment and climate change but just as the fools in the ALP must accept responsibility for those disgraces, the Greens must accept responsibility for stopping Australia from being way down the track of far better outcomes on climate change. They blocking the legislation twice!

The carbon tax would have been in place for 5 years before the grubby rat Rudd f***ed a Labor Government and gave us his legacy, Tony Abbott and by that time, there would have been no way in hell that even Abbott could or would have dismantled it because again, Australian's would not cop such masive change and after five years of having a carbon tax and loving the benefits, Australian's would not have copped it Father.

Imagine if she was in the Greens.

hahahaha ..... the right wing mass media in this country lets those f***ing morons get away with murder and rape, literally, but if a Green or an ALP person farts, it's mega news and an incitement to burn them at the stake.

Crazy like giving an extra 20 billion to harvey norman et al and not clawing it back even when those companies made huge profits?

I mean “LAYBURRS DETT” was 50 billion and the end of the universe as we know it.

Surely 20 billion literally handed to wealthy people a huge percentage overseas is at least slightly bad?

Right?
Don't forget the billions handed out to those millionaires+ who don't pay any tax whatsoever through the bastardisation of the franking credits by Howard as a present to himself and his mates just before he was thrown out of office.

Well Father, they are the ones that blocked significant progress on climate change in the Senate by blocking the Carbon Tax and then have the temerity to run election campaigns saying that they are the party for the environment and it only serves to keep the ALP out of office, the only Party that can do anything about climate change and the envioronment.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not saying at all that the ALP are blameless for inaction on climate change, far from it, indeed, the ALP have managed to hand Government on a plate to Abbott and then Morrison which has had dire and ongoing dire consequences for the environment and climate change but just as the fools in the ALP must accept responsibility for those disgraces, the Greens must accept responsibility for stopping Australia from being way down the track of far better outcomes on climate change. They blocking the legislation twice!

The carbon tax would have been in place for 5 years before the grubby rat Rudd f***ed a Labor Government and gave us his legacy, Tony Abbott and by that time, there would have been no way in hell that even Abbott could or would have dismantled it because again, Australian's would not cop such masive change and after five years of having a carbon tax and loving the benefits, Australian's would not have copped it Father.
It is nonsense to blame the Greens for Australia not 'being way down the track of far better outcomes on climate change'. Blame the LNP for not having any climate change policies, and blame Labor for not having better ones and for having a ridiculous civil war at the worst possible time.

It is nonsense to blame the Greens for Australia not 'being way down the track of far better outcomes on climate change'. Blame the LNP for not having any climate change policies, and blame Labor for not having better ones and for having a ridiculous civil war at the worst possible time.

Haha, blame the parties, not the people? Who clearly involve a large portion (in NSW and Qld in particular) who will vote against closing coal mines because they work in them.

The Greens refuse to compromise because they're more interested in getting more seats from the ALP than in action on Climate Change.

I wish I could vote for the Greens, I even joined the party in my early 20's. But they were run by people who had no idea what they were talking about. No strategy, branch meetings containing 80% wild ideas which were unworkable or just plain stupid and a fatal inability to grasp what politics is about (i.e. not just policy, but knowing when to compromise and when not to). They get it wrong at every turn.

(at the time I thought I was just naiive and maybe they were right, but history has shown they have, and continue to be, wrong on almost every political decision.)

The title of the thread is "The Greens" so I suppose it's OK to give a critique on The Greens.

Their devotion to clean air, clean water and clean soil is fantastic and is bang in line with what most, if not all people with a modicum of intelligence, agree with.

It's just that the Greens play politics which in itself isn't surprising because after all, the are a "political" party but their compelling rhetoric on the environment is completely outdone by their ignorant and some could rightly say, preposterous agenda into how to achieve these fantastic ideals. As I said in an earlier post, their unconscionable behaviour in voting down, with the LNP, the "carbon tax" twice in the Senate has had a profound effect for the worse upon Australia.

Surprise surprise a political party playing politics!

As much as that it true, the Greens like all left leaning, have noble sentiment for enviro / minority group / social issues. Their failure just like their left based supporters is their 'solutions' are always impractical / inconvenient for the majority.

They 'politic' the save the planet / what about minority group card.

That's why we have the abominations in government / opposition because the majority have work / cost of living at the front of mind, environment / social justice / minority groups are not the priority in the minds of the majority.

Surprise surprise a political party playing politics!

As much as that it true, the Greens like all left leaning, have noble sentiment for enviro / minority group / social issues. Their failure just like their left based supporters is their 'solutions' are always impractical / inconvenient for the majority.

They 'politic' the save the planet / what about minority group card.

That's why we have the abominations in government / opposition because the majority have work / cost of living at the front of mind, environment / social justice / minority groups are not the priority in the minds of the majority.

So their circular logic seems to be:

We need to take action on the climate now!
But we're not going to allow any action now, unless we get everything we want which means we need a majority.
Also, we're never going to have a majority because we're actively pursuing goals the majority don't really want right now.

So what exactly is their point. To take 10% of their vote and make it completely useless?

As drunk and stupid as the Nats are, they get a lot more done for their core supporters (coal miners) with a lot fewer votes.

We cannot allow the crazy Greens extreme left-wing agenda be imposed on Australians. They are insane!

It's not a case of 'allow', and they're not 'insane'. Sure they're policies maybe impractical but hardly insane

There is no known universe that the Greens (or any fringe party) will be handed power because it's up to the electorate, the electorate will not vote for impractical.

So their circular logic seems to be:

We need to take action on the climate now!
But we're not going to allow any action now, unless we get everything we want which means we need a majority.
Also, we're never going to have a majority because we're actively pursuing goals the majority don't really want right now.want us to implement if it is impractical to do so.

So what exactly is their point. To take 10% of their vote and make it completely useless? To gain seats in the house to argue / vote for their purposes like the environment / social issues.

As drunk and stupid as the Nats are, they get a lot more done for their core supporters (coal miners) with a lot fewer votes. Because they hold seats in the house.

EFA

How come all their policies eventually eventuate.
What will destroy the economy is increased money spent on the military, fossil fuel subsidies, late vaccine purchases, low immigration and not funding new technology and research.
Plus making enemies with your major trading partner.
The Greens are kooks, nutjobs personified. The insanity is mindblowing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hanson-Young’s voice is so husky and raspy that when she gets angry, she sounds a lot like a female impersonator.
Michalea Cash is afraid of electric cars because they don't pollute enough.
Karen Andrews is a complete nut.
It looks like she is in love with piece of coal.

images (23) (24).jpeg

And of course the Greens give the LNP an easy campaign theme. Not to mention that Thorpe plus Dorinda are doing an excellent job of convincing the average and fearful Australian voter that the only thing Aboriginals should have sovereignty over is their bottle of grog
Stay classy

And of course the Greens give the LNP an easy campaign theme. Not to mention that Thorpe plus Dorinda are doing an excellent job of convincing the average and fearful Australian voter that the only thing Aboriginals should have sovereignty over is their bottle of grog…
Steven May and Kosi Pickett are Aboriginal. That's a pretty mean spirited sentiment to have towards two of your premiership players and Aboriginals generally.

When you're left wing, the last party you want to vote for is the Greens because you just make it that little easier for the right/far right to form government.
Yeah, I'm going to need to see some evidence for that.

The Greens have their heart in the right place and I completely and utterly agree that we MUST, have clean air, clean soil and clean water otherwise we and many other species/organism are doomed, as I'm sure a sh*t load of other people do as well but the Greens behave like a bunch of posturing turds who have no idea of how to implement their brilliant ideals!
Yeah, except for that time in the ACT where they actually did implement their brilliant ideals.

As far as the Greens are concerned and the impression they give is, "do it now and don't give a f**k about the communities that have been part of those processes that we now know to be bad.".
What specifically makes you say this? Because when you actually look at their policies in detail, there's a massive amount about looking after affected communities and providing the resources necessary for people to transition out of coal mining and into similarly well-paid jobs. For example, in the last Queensland election they had a policy to create a green hydrogen production facility in Gladstone and a wind turbine manufacturing plant in Rockhampton, and giving first crack at the jobs to coal miners.

The so called Carbon Tax was rejected twice by the Greens, the second time in early August of 2009 because they wanted to play politics and used the excuse that it didn't go far enough which, I'm sure, was the major reason that the chattering classes voted against it.
If you're going to talk someone down, at least have the decency to get the facts right. The CPRS (not the "carbon tax") was rejected because it was a cash handout to polluters. Labor had bent over backwards so thoroughly to appeal to the Liberal Party that they had created a corporate welfare scheme masquerading as climate action. Why would the Greens vote for that? Are they obliged to vote for Labor policy no matter how nonsensical or counterproductive it is?

Oh, and the "chattering classes" didn't get a vote on it, since it wasn't taken to a referendum or a plebiscite. Rudd could have taken it to a double dissolution election, but he dithered instead.

The "carbon tax" you refer to was passed by the Gillard government with the Greens voting in favour of it. The effect of that price on carbon can be easily seen: emissions fell between its introduction and its abolition, and emissions went straight back up afterwards. The Greens rejected a bad policy, resulting in a good policy. That was a major win, that was later undone due to the Labor Party having no clue how to sell a policy and Gillard making foolish promises. Even if she technically didn't lie, since the "carbon tax" didn't meet the definition of a carbon tax accepted by economists, she left herself open to an easy attack, and Abbott and Murdoch exploited it.

This illogical lot gave up the opportunity of being part of a historically significant moment in Australian politics because their so called passion for the environment does not take into account the reality of what it means to just destroy whole communities by saying, "Bad luck, you're f***ed."
Have you read the CPRS and what it involved? Have you seen the impact that the Gillard carbon price had? I'm afraid you've fallen for Murdoch media propaganda here. Again, the Greens have released multiple policies to look after communities and families that would be adversely impacted by the phasing out of coal production.

To achieve these monumental changes without causing massive disruption and dislocation within communities requires intelligence and sensitivity and a process of adjustment and transformation and the Carbon Tax proposal was a fantastic way to begin this process. It would have placed us at the cutting edge of world's best practice and made us leaders in the renewable energy sector but nah, the "left" Greens took a leaf out of the brutality of unbridled capitalism and wanted to "slash and burn" the mining and forestry communities that had been around for over 100 years.
I think it's clear you haven't read the content of the CPRS model.

Unfortunately the Greens are dangerous as they do not consider costs and damage, they believe they have a mortgage over the environment (and no one else cares), do not consider or respect 90% of the population and like some crazy religion that believes their religion is right and everyone else is wrong.
Do you have any actual examples of this, or is this like your contribution on most topics, where you write whatever comes into your head regardless of whether it tallies with the actual evidence on the ground?

Do you have any actual examples of this, or is this like your contribution on most topics, where you write whatever comes into your head regardless of whether it tallies with the actual evidence on the ground?
Bro just let the enlightened centrism circlejerk have its own thread. If we contain it here, we can save the rest of the internet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back