The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. Vote Greens for more icebergs, by cutting carbon emissions and helping reduce climate change!
Lol
You ever look at the charts of countries who have the highest carbon emissions?
Ever wondered that’s it’s sadly not actually about the environment and about money, globalisation and stages of course countries economies?
Shifting industries to other parts of the world for profits

Lol
Ever wondered that’s it’s sadly not actually about the environment and about money, globalisation and stages of course countries economies?

QAnon?

Lol

Next time you're caught in a traffic jam everyone can comfort themselves by saying "I'm only one car, it's not my fault there is a traffic jam".

Lol

Great. Historically, they haven't been big polluters at all, and today, they still aren't the biggest per person. But we're near the top. Those who have taken first must give first.

Great. Historically, they haven't been big polluters at all, and today, they still aren't the biggest per person. But we're near the top. Those who have taken first must give first.
that contains so many lols and a clear indication you have NFI about anything globally, money or politics! Mr Bananas!:thumbsu:

Just curious what Greens supporters think of the party’s current electoral strategy.

It seems like since Christine Milne left they have stopped prioritising their national primary vote, and have focused on trying to win lower house seats

Superficially this seems like a good long term strategy, but their primary vote has gone backwards since 2010 whilst the non-major party vote has doubled. That is a lot of money they are leaving on the table.

Is it worth it? At what point do they need to start winning lower house seats (and how many) for the sacrifice to be justifiable?

Would they do better at securing lower house seats with a bigger primary vote (and the funding that brings)?

I mean I wouldn't mind raising say the dole near the pension level but to $88 a day?

That's $616 a week and someone on minimum wage to equal that has to work 30 hours! Plus pay tax!

Low end jobs are struggling to be filled already, what incentive is there for the 'holding out for a position in management' people to get out and do something?

I mean I wouldn't mind raising say the dole near the pension level but to $88 a day?

That's $616 a week and someone on minimum wage to equal that has to work 30 hours! Plus pay tax!

Low end jobs are struggling to be filled already, what incentive is there for the 'holding out for a position in management' people to get out and do something?
Welfare recipients pay tax

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well businesses will have to increase their wage offers to entice such management job seekers.

If anything it will discourage rogue businesses that are pos wage thieves to keep their workers working in poverty.

It also increases spending among the low socio economic demographic in the economy. Ciggies, booze, food, fuel, etc.

Oh and of course no mutual obligations as well, yeah like that along with the equivalent of 3/4 of some people's week's that they have to work hard for isn't going to encourage abuse of the system...

Sure a bit more a week and trim some of the stupid obligations but the above is laughable.

Well there is that, but in part that's up to businesses to make work more attractive to get workers.

Half the reason, now, some people don't bother working it's coz almost not or not worth working for fk all more than welfare.

If businesses can't afford to attract workers with work that is more attractive than existing on welfare, then they shouldn't be in business in the first place.

Nah everyone starts off at the bottom, grow up and go to work trying to move up. A good job isn't going to fall in your lap. Plenty of it isn't that bad anyway in the current climate. There's actually a balance between making sure people aren't in borderline poverty like under the Liberal or upcoming Labor governments and just rewarding people that just can't be arsed like the Greens fantasise about.

As crap as working can be it's better than siting around at home bored all day with no money, I'll never understand the lengths some will go to avoid it.

I know quite a few welfare recipients and don't do any of that but I do know quite a few tradies and business people that love cash.
Well living in a low socio economic area where a large chunk of the neighbourhood don't work I know a lot that do and if they do bother to send their kids to school it's often without breakfast or lunch. Not sure what the solution is, the cashless card sounds good in theory but too hard to implement and punishes all of the people that are doing the right thing.

On your latter point I'm always surprised our local bakery (and perhaps a past hairdressing business that wouldn't accept card payments) has never got done by the tax department.

Im all for much harsher penalties for cash in hand work. Libs wont do it because they love sole traders. Labor wont announce it because they want to win back blue collar workers.
I don't think many tradesman would dodge tax on mid to large size jobs especially materials heavy unless they are stupid, really rolling the dice. The extra small ones for sure though, a lot of that would also to be to not have to bother with the paperwork.

I honestly can't remember the last time anyone I've had do work here has angled for cash apart from one mate and that was more of a 'favour' carton of beer type thing. Which he still hasn't even got around to doing a couple of years later haha.

I don't think many tradesman would dodge tax on mid to large size jobs especially materials heavy unless they are stupid, really rolling the dice. The extra small ones for sure though, a lot of that would also to be to not have to bother with the paperwork.

I honestly can't remember the last time anyone I've had do work here has angled for cash apart from one mate and that was more of a 'favour' carton of beer type thing. Which he still hasn't even got around to doing a couple of years later haha.

Really?

I met a guy who gloated about illegally dumping asbestos because he makes millions a year by not having to pay for expensive disposal and he just pays the fines without challenge when caught.

Any time I want car work or renovations there is always a cash price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back