The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

You honestly think the saga of climate change is about the climate or about money.

Go and look up how solar and wind turbines are actually made, all the toxic materials, lend being destroyed in the process then end up in land fill post there use!

All the materials mines create billions in revenue in royalties and taxes.

Large carbon omitters like China Russia levels are rising and continue to do so yet nothing is said or done.

Renewables have failed in Europe and power bills have sky rocket

Alternative, cleaner countries, like Japan, Scandinavian countries, use nuclear, clean coal technology power stations and burning of waste.

Nikola Tesla actually did testing and wrote papers on Kinect energy from magnets. Free and zero waste.

If it was really about the environment solar panels and wind would not be even mentioned

Blaming renewables for increased energy prices?

Fossil fuels cost more and more and more to produce as we go deeper and more remote

Well would you look at that. Labor agree to negotiate with The Greens on the climate bill, and now The Greens will vote to pass it.

Maybe those hissy fits in here were a little bit OTT and premature?

I hope all of you who claimed the Greens were wreckers and incapable of compromising or governing responsibly at least have the decency to look sheepish, even if you won't publicly admit you were wrong.
I'll wait to see what they got in the way of amendments before I celebrate at all

This is an insanely open question that you're posing. Like, what timeframe are we to envision making solar panels to cover? The next hundred years, the next thousand years? The end of human fertility? The red giant stage of the Earth's Sun? The heat death of the universe? Nobody is answering your question because it's practically a red herring, even though I don't think that was your original intention.
OK I'll be blunt.

I actually would like have some sort of idea of how much is required and do we have the required resources.

Yeah granted, it's an open ended question and unlikely anyone can accurately answer.

However these questions, not to mention the emission intensive methods to actually resource it all is rarely questioned or discussed.

Yeah sure most manufacturing is emission intensive, but the narrative seems to be 'shh don't ask / discuss ' just look at renewables as all sunshine and lollipops.

It don't think it'd be unreasonable to publicly discuss ALL the facts and speculation. Not just 'no fault renewable '

OK I'll be blunt.

I actually would like have some sort of idea of how much is required and do we have the required resources.

Yeah granted, it's an open ended question and unlikely anyone can accurately answer.

However these questions, not to mention the emission intensive methods to actually resource it all is rarely questioned or discussed.

Yeah sure most manufacturing is emission intensive, but the narrative seems to be 'shh don't ask / discuss ' just look at renewables as all sunshine and lollipops.

It don't think it'd be unreasonable to publicly discuss ALL the facts and speculation. Not just 'no fault renewable '
I'm no expert, but I've also no doubt if you do some digging around the literature on renewables you'll find plenty of analysis examining this question.

There's no way we keep going as is and just convert to greener options if we actually want to fix anything.

That aside fossil fuels don't come out od the ground forever either and don't come out without a cost.

Same for the building of the plants uses to generate power.

I hope all of you who claimed the Greens were wreckers and incapable of compromising or governing responsibly at least have the decency to look sheepish, even if you won't publicly admit you were wrong.
I think you may be barking up the wrong tree. Those of us who branded the Bob Brown led Greens as wreckers and short sighted, self obsessed idiots did not brand Bandt and the Greens of today the same way. Indeed, most of us were waiting to see if Bandt and the Greens had moved forward and accepted that militancy for militancy's sake is destructive.

I am wrapped that the Greens of 2022 have taken this course of action and that means that now they can be part of progress instead of an anchor.

Well done Bandt and the Greens. This is a brilliant day for the environment and Australia - fantastic!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greens have balance of power and roll over on shitty climate change policy and vote to pass the CDC bill which keeps the Indue BasicsCard and continues to force Indigenous people on the NT onto it.

* em

There's no way we keep going as is and just convert to greener options if we actually want to fix anything.

That aside fossil fuels don't come out od the ground forever either and don't come out without a cost.

Same for the building of the plants uses to generate power.
In twenty years or so, I reckon we will be completely free of fossil fuel being used to generate energy in Australia save for gas as an emergency.

The biggest task we face is transitioning from fossil fuels to sustainable, renewable sources of energy without massive dislocation of entire districts and communities. There is also the "nuts and bolts" to consider such as being able to plug these new sources of energy into the grid - that is impossible to do instantaneously but it WILL happen and now, we have started on the road towards this eventuality.

The rest of the world will also start to wean themselves off the huge reliance on fossil fuels: that process began quite a while ago and that will mean that our coal exports will decrease significantly and will eventually peter out completely. I hate it but Albanese is correct that our coal is of better quality than most coal from elsewhere and even though there is no such thing as "clean coal", regardless of what those who try and insult our intelligence say. It is better that our coal is bought rather than the dirtier stuff at this point in time but we must, we must eventually, sooner rather than later, cease our exports of coal altogether and not use the, "our's is cleaner" as an excuse to keep lining the pockets of the multinationals and helping to destroy our planet.

The beautiful thing now is that the reactionaries, the flat earth morons and the ancient technology multinationals and their cheer squad can wah wah wah wah as much as they like: the death sentence for 19th century technology will pass into Australian Law and I couldn't be happier!

We should all be extremely excited.

Greens have balance of power and roll over on shitty climate change policy and vote to pass the CDC bill which keeps the Indue BasicsCard and continues to force Indigenous people on the NT onto it.

* em
I listened to the Minister yesterday in the House of Reps (I've had a couple of days off from the crisis in health care) and she was being taken to task by some racist, paternalistic knuckdrager from the LNP over the ALP's intention to get rid of the cashless debit card.

Is this not what is happening or going to happen?

As for "shitty climate change policy", you really do live at the bottom of the garden hey? You have no concept of the process of getting things done.

* em
Isn't the Indue card being scrapped? I read the main hold-up is a number of the cards being linked to BNPL services* which will complicate the transition away from it.

*seems pretty shady this is allowed in the first place - don't think Indue cards are accepted by most traditional creditors (granted I doubt the reasons are grounded in human decency). And I mean shady in the sense that there's other less harmful things that are not permissible with an Indue card, not Indue card holders having a right that everyone else has.

Isn't the Indue card being scrapped? I read the main hold-up is a number of the cards being linked to BNPL services* which will complicate the transition away from it.

*seems pretty shady this is allowed in the first place - don't think Indue cards are accepted by most traditional creditors (granted I doubt the reasons are grounded in human decency). And I mean shady in the sense that there's other less harmful things that are not permissible with an Indue card, not Indue card holders having a right that everyone else has.
That's what I thought too; it's being scrapped.

There are two different cards produced by Indue. The cashless debit card is being scrapped, but the basics card will remain.

* em
I'm going to wait and see what's in the bill before making a judgement. At this point I wish they hadn't voted for it, but I also understand why they did. Hoping for the best.

I listened to the Minister yesterday in the House of Reps (I've had a couple of days off from the crisis in health care) and she was being taken to task by some racist, paternalistic knuckdrager from the LNP over the ALP's intention to get rid of the cashless debit card.

Is this not what is happening or going to happen?

As for "shitty climate change policy", you really do live at the bottom of the garden hey? You have no concept of the process of getting things done.

The BasicsCard which has existed for longer is also run by Indue.

So Twiggy had been profiting of controlling people money in welfare for a decade.

The BasicsCard won't work anywhere you can buy smokes. Eg Coles and Woolworths. Meaning groceries tend to cost more

Labor introduced it as part of the NT Intervention and pretend it's not Indue this new legislation will expand its use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back