The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. Lidia Thorpe. That was an absolute howler. https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ing-comment-directed-at-liberal-hollie-hughes

Can't believe she said that after Sarah Hansen Young was defamed by similar comments made by David Leyonhjelm. What a brain fade.
Censured by her party with an unconditional apology offered, compare and contrast with the behaviour of men in the Libs. Nice to see Hughes putting the mayo on it too by bringing her autistic son into it, even when they've been wronged these Libs can't help lying.

Wow. Lidia Thorpe. That was an absolute howler. https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ing-comment-directed-at-liberal-hollie-hughes

Can't believe she said that after Sarah Hansen Young was defamed by similar comments made by David Leyonhjelm. What a brain fade.

what is it about **** shaming?

I actually find it a positive that females drop the conservative stance and liberate themselves. If that means bonking someone, having a wank or whatever floats their boat; then well done to them!

We should celebrate people for being themselves rather than hiding or denying themselves.

**** shaming does so much harm to society.

Last edited:
Censured by her party with an unconditional apology offered, compare and contrast with the behaviour of men in the Libs. Nice to see Hughes putting the mayo on it too by bringing her autistic son into it, even when they've been wronged these Libs can't help lying.

Yes. Bringing the autistic son into it seemed liked overreach and made me question her sincerity. That said, I can't believe Thorpe made that comment in the current environment, especially after what happened to Sarah Hansen Young. Huge stuff up.

what is it about **** shaming?

I actually find it a positive that females drop the conservative stance and liberate themselves. If that means bonking someone, having a wank or whatever floats there boat; then well done to them!

We should celebrate people for being themselves rather than hiding or denying themselves.

**** shaming does so much harm to society.
Where does all this shame originate from? Not that long ago as a society we treated unmarried mothers as 2nd class citizens. Again what type organisations fostered this belief?

Where does all this shame originate from? Not that long ago as a society we treated unmarried mothers as 2nd class citizens. Again what type organisations fostered this belief?

It is nuts to think women couldn't own property that long ago. Even as late as the 80s couldn't get a bank loan and if they could they would probably require a male guarantor.

I feel some of the shaming comes from wanting to keep them in a box and our Christian Church roots had no issues using sex and desire to control their customers. Specifically if women have no options in life, they will simply breed. We see the same discrimination with gays.....those horrible non- procreators denying the church of future customers and king's their next army.

Personally I believe religions like this have to change to align with our laws or leave Australia.

Last edited:
It is nuts to think women couldn't own property that long ago. Even as late as the 80s couldn't get a bank loan and if they could they would probably require a male guarantor.

I feel some of the shaming comes from wanting to keep them in a box and out Christian Church roots had no issues using sex and desire to control their customers. Specifically if women have no options in life, they will simply breed. We see the same discrimination with gays.....those horrible non- procreators denying the church of future customers and king's their next army.

Personally I don't believe religions like this have to change to align with our laws or leave Australia.
I really don’t have a lot of time for religion. Imo It’s just a very judgemental organisation that really is there for the sole purpose of making money. Like Ive said before for a couple years I went to church and it’s a revolting place full of judgemental people that they see faults in everyone else except themselves and don’t start me on the “I’m waiting for a sign” s**t. It really is not a great place for your mental health imo let alone physical health with the issues that have been regularly reported over the years. Bit of a shame because I have very occasionally met some very good religious people. My opinion is remove every extra the things they get like tax exemption and make them survive financially just like any other business. If they survive so be it, if they don’t I honestly don’t think society is losing much.

Not sure who this Thorpe person is, and I read the article.

'At least I kept my legs shut', and further down the 'dog noises' and the 'boofhead'

Sounds like Australian parliament doesn't it.

Not condoning any of this behaviour, however boofhead and legs shut is hardly hyperbole news.

Sure the inference is 'you're a ****' but the term is not stated only inferred - yeah I can see how this could be used as a card. I don't know this Hughes person either. I just find it all school yard sniping.

Just find it all sensationalised, remember much worse treatment in the school yard 40 odd years ago.

Also I don't find the thread title relevant as I don't think it's reflective of the 'Greens'. Maybe an update to 'Lidia Thorpe'

Not sure who this Thorpe person is, and I read the article.

'At least I kept my legs shut', and further down the 'dog noises' and the 'boofhead'

Sounds like Australian parliament doesn't it.

Not condoning any of this behaviour, however boofhead and legs shut is hardly hyperbole news.

Sure the inference is 'you're a ****' but the term is not stated only inferred - yeah I can see how this could be used as a card. I don't know this Hughes person either. I just find it all school yard sniping.

Just find it all sensationalised, remember much worse treatment in the school yard 40 odd years ago.

Also I don't find the thread title relevant as I don't think it's reflective of the 'Greens'. Maybe an update to 'Lidia Thorpe'
As Thorpe is a Green I decided to make it a Greens thread so future stories about them could be posted here too. Didn't think it warranted giving Thorpe an entire thread.

As Thorpe is a Green I decided to make it a Greens thread so future stories about them could be posted here too. Didn't think it warranted giving Thorpe an entire thread.

The Greens aren't noted for their poor behaviour in the house (as far as I know).

For the thread subject I'd put it down as 'pollies poor language in parliament' - using the Greens looks like you're targeting them. Their good enough on their own to make themselves targets.

The Greens aren't noted for their poor behaviour in the house (as far as I know).

For the thread subject I'd put it down as 'pollies poor language in parliament' - using the Greens looks like you're targeting them. Their good enough on their own to make themselves targets.
Nah. Not targeting them. Just wanted to post about Thorpe and thought I might as well make it a Greens thread while I'm at it for ongoing discussions about them.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you're left wing Greens is the party to vote for. Labor is too chickenshit and/or careerist for many left wing things.
When you're left wing, the last party you want to vote for is the Greens because you just make it that little easier for the right/far right to form government.

The Greens have their heart in the right place and I completely and utterly agree that we MUST, have clean air, clean soil and clean water otherwise we and many other species/organism are doomed, as I'm sure a s**t load of other people do as well but the Greens behave like a bunch of posturing turds who have no idea of how to implement their brilliant ideals!

As far as the Greens are concerned and the impression they give is, "do it now and don't give a f**k about the communities that have been part of those processes that we now know to be bad.".

The so called Carbon Tax was rejected twice by the Greens, the second time in early August of 2009 because they wanted to play politics and used the excuse that it didn't go far enough which, I'm sure, was the major reason that the chattering classes voted against it.

This illogical lot gave up the opportunity of being part of a historically significant moment in Australian politics because their so called passion for the environment does not take into account the reality of what it means to just destroy whole communities by saying, "Bad luck, you're f***ed."

To achieve these monumental changes without causing massive disruption and dislocation within communities requires intelligence and sensitivity and a process of adjustment and transformation and the Carbon Tax proposal was a fantastic way to begin this process. It would have placed us at the cutting edge of world's best practice and made us leaders in the renewable energy sector but nah, the "left" Greens took a leaf out of the brutality of unbridled capitalism and wanted to "slash and burn" the mining and forestry communities that had been around for over 100 years.

If one is genuinely left wing, then one must take human beings into account and you must agitate and be part of a movement that can effect change. Being part of the chattering classes that sit around making daisy chains and reminiscing about the Sunbury Pop Festival and the Myponga Pop Festival, as many in SA do, (the vast majority of them never attended of course), is not being "left wing", it's navel-gazing.

When you're left wing, the last party you want to vote for is the Greens because you just make it that little easier for the right/far right to form government.

The Greens have their heart in the right place and I completely and utterly agree that we MUST, have clean air, clean soil and clean water otherwise we and many other species/organism are doomed, as I'm sure a sh*t load of other people do as well but the Greens behave like a bunch of posturing turds who have no idea of how to implement their brilliant ideals!

As far as the Greens are concerned and the impression they give is, "do it now and don't give a f**k about the communities that have been part of those processes that we now know to be bad.".

The so called Carbon Tax was rejected twice by the Greens, the second time in early August of 2009 because they wanted to play politics and used the excuse that it didn't go far enough which, I'm sure, was the major reason that the chattering classes voted against it.

This illogical lot gave up the opportunity of being part of a historically significant moment in Australian politics because their so called passion for the environment does not take into account the reality of what it means to just destroy whole communities by saying, "Bad luck, you're f***ed."

To achieve these monumental changes without causing massive disruption and dislocation within communities requires intelligence and sensitivity and a process of adjustment and transformation and the Carbon Tax proposal was a fantastic way to begin this process. It would have placed us at the cutting edge of world's best practice and made us leaders in the renewable energy sector but nah, the "left" Greens took a leaf out of the brutality of unbridled capitalism and wanted to "slash and burn" the mining and forestry communities that had been around for over 100 years.

If one is genuinely left wing, then one must take human beings into account and you must agitate and be part of a movement that can effect change. Being part of the chattering classes that sit around making daisy chains and reminiscing about the Sunbury Pop Festival and the Myponga Pop Festival, as many in SA do, (the vast majority of them never attended of course), is not being "left wing", it's navel-gazing.
They'll probably make some progress towards their goals if Labor need them in minority government...

I hate how the Libs do not get punished for actual Nats policy when they are in official coalition with them whereas Labor get punished for invented Greens policy when they have no official affiliation whatsoever.

Someone on these very boards once said that the Libs will get a big tick in SA for standing up to the Nats re water, even though a vote for the Libs is a vote to put the Nats into power in the first place so they can screw SA over water. Despite that sounding ridiculous for all I know it's probably true.

The greens are mostly dead in this country compared to other countries, most of the time they are a protest vote from Labor voters.
If the ALP go chasing conservative votes in Queensland, and other places, at the next election, the Greens may peel enough progressive votes off them to get the balance of power.

The Greens have their heart in the right place and I completely and utterly agree that we MUST, have clean air, clean soil and clean water otherwise we and many other species/organism are doomed, as I'm sure a sh*t load of other people do as well but the Greens behave like a bunch of posturing turds who have no idea of how to implement their brilliant ideals!

I tend to agree here

I like many of the greens ideas but the difference between an idea, the flow on policies, the implementation of policy and more importantly the proper implementation of policy is a massive leap.

Unfortunately the Greens are dangerous as they do not consider costs and damage, they believe they have a mortgage over the environment (and no one else cares), do not consider or respect 90% of the population and like some crazy religion that believes their religion is right and everyone else is wrong.

The fundamental failure of the Greens as a party is they do not respect others. Their religion says they're right and god help you if your on the other side of the ledger.

Where Libs have failed us in this area is incompetence and the rise of nutbag religious infiltration (nutbag religious is different to religious and defined by putting god's needs before the electorates) and with Labor the overzealous "let's implement policies like it is our last term for a decade" rather than smooth transition and putting corrupt unions (corrupt defined the ugly criminal unions such as construction and marine) ahead of the electorates.

It is no wonder our politics has been an embarrassment for 14 years.

I tend to agree here

I like many of the greens ideas but the difference between an idea, the flow on policies, the implementation of policy and more importantly the proper implementation of policy is a massive leap.

Unfortunately the Greens are dangerous as they do not consider costs and damage, they believe they have a mortgage over the environment (and no one else cares), do not consider or respect 90% of the population and like some crazy religion that believes their religion is right and everyone else is wrong.

The fundamental failure of the Greens as a party is they do not respect others. Their religion says they're right and god help you if your on the other side of the ledger.

Where Libs have failed us in this area is incompetence and the rise of nutbag religious infiltration (nutbag religious is different to religious and defined by putting god's needs before the electorates) and with Labor the overzealous "let's implement policies like it is our last term for a decade" rather than smooth transition and putting corrupt unions (corrupt defined the ugly criminal unions such as construction and marine) ahead of the electorates.

It is no wonder our politics has been an embarrassment for 14 years.
yes, this is the narrative that Murdoch and the LNP have been pushing for the last few decades. Just because the Greens don't want to burn everything now for some short term benefit does not mean that do not consider cost and damage, just the opposite in fact. And where do you get the idea that the Greens don't respect others? In comparison to who, I mean clearly not all the other political parties in existence. If the Greens had the influence on policy that the Nats have had then the country would be vastly better off.

If you're one of those people with a soft spot for wasting your vote on insane candidates, then the Greens is for you! Your certificate of madness is in the mail.
What's an example of one of their 'insane' policies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back