The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

yes, this is the narrative that Murdoch and the LNP have been pushing for the last few decades. Just because the Greens don't want to burn everything now for some short term benefit does not mean that do not consider cost and damage, just the opposite in fact.

your post is case and point

- The Greens think they have a mortgage over green policy
- The Greens can identify an issue but no solution that works

And where do you get the idea that the Greens don't respect others? In comparison to who, I mean clearly not all the other political parties in existence. If the Greens had the influence on policy that the Nats have had then the country would be vastly better off.

- change requires buy in from society and this requires respect a patience

Marching onto farms shows disrespect to third parties, the law and property rights. Ceasing coal production immediately shows disrespect to property rights, employees families and the customers of the product that are seeking to emerge from poverty.

We all want best land care management, we all want best animal welfare and we all want clean energy. The difference between normal people and nutters is one group realises it takes education, ideas, investment, implementation, transition and to get off their butts themselves to deliver this by running a business venture. The other just wants to wave their arms, does nothing themselves and wants it now.

The Greens, One Nation and the Palmer crew are one of the same........the disenfranchised who need a cause to feel they belong. When in reality, just like a dangerous religion, they are part of the problem.

your post is case and point

- The Greens think they have a mortgage over green policy
- The Greens can identify an issue but no solution that works

- change requires buy in from society and this requires respect a patience

Marching onto farms shows disrespect to third parties, the law and property rights. Ceasing coal production immediately shows disrespect to property rights, employees families and the customers of the product that are seeking to emerge from poverty.

We all want best land care management, we all want best animal welfare and we all want clean energy. The difference between normal people and nutters is one group realises it takes education, ideas, investment, implementation, transition and to get off their butts themselves to deliver this by running a business venture. The other just wants to wave their arms, does nothing themselves and wants it now.

The Greens, One Nation and the Palmer crew are one of the same........the disenfranchised who need a cause to feel they belong. When in reality, just like a dangerous religion, they are part of the problem.

Maybe you should try looking to the Greens for Greens policy, instead of believing everything the LNP and Murdoch tell you.

Herzog

Whether or not intended this has become a Greens bashing / fan fest debate that is not related to the op.

Well played, not a criticism and it's not the only thread that veers off the op, well played.

Herzog

Whether or not intended this has become a Greens bashing / fan fest debate that is not related to the op.

Well played, not a criticism and it's not the only thread that veers off the op, well played.
It is related to the title though. 😉
As an aside I heard Adam Bandt has the second safest seat in Australia.

Last edited:
I tend to agree here

I like many of the greens ideas but the difference between an idea, the flow on policies, the implementation of policy and more importantly the proper implementation of policy is a massive leap.

Unfortunately the Greens are dangerous as they do not consider costs and damage, they believe they have a mortgage over the environment (and no one else cares), do not consider or respect 90% of the population and like some crazy religion that believes their religion is right and everyone else is wrong.

The fundamental failure of the Greens as a party is they do not respect others. Their religion says they're right and god help you if your on the other side of the ledger.

Where Libs have failed us in this area is incompetence and the rise of nutbag religious infiltration (nutbag religious is different to religious and defined by putting god's needs before the electorates) and with Labor the overzealous "let's implement policies like it is our last term for a decade" rather than smooth transition and putting corrupt unions (corrupt defined the ugly criminal unions such as construction and marine) ahead of the electorates.

It is no wonder our politics has been an embarrassment for 14 years.
Yep, absolute loons that always go last on my ballot paper!

Take a seat....we could be here all day! Fiscal armageddon would be assured.
Crazy like giving an extra 20 billion to harvey norman et al and not clawing it back even when those companies made huge profits?

I mean “LAYBURRS DETT” was 50 billion and the end of the universe as we know it.

Surely 20 billion literally handed to wealthy people a huge percentage overseas is at least slightly bad?

Right?

Crazy like giving an extra 20 billion to harvey norman et al and not clawing it back even when those companies made huge profits?

I mean “LAYBURRS DETT” was 50 billion and the end of the universe as we know it.

Surely 20 billion literally handed to wealthy people a huge percentage overseas is at least slightly bad?

Right?
We cannot allow the crazy Greens extreme left-wing agenda be imposed on Australians. They are insane!

Herzog

The title of the thread is "The Greens" so I suppose it's OK to give a critique on The Greens.

Their devotion to clean air, clean water and clean soil is fantastic and is bang in line with what most, if not all people with a modicum of intelligence, agree with.

It's just that the Greens play politics which in itself isn't surprising because after all, the are a "political" party but their compelling rhetoric on the environment is completely outdone by their ignorant and some could rightly say, preposterous agenda into how to achieve these fantastic ideals. As I said in an earlier post, their unconscionable behaviour in voting down, with the LNP, the "carbon tax" twice in the Senate has had a profound effect for the worse upon Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, great fact free Greens bashing page.
Lidia Thorpe has to deal with Malcom Roberts and Pauline Hanson's racist bs in the senate and all the racist internet attacks dressed up as humour.
It's pretty weak for Labor to attack the Greens when Labor's policy agenda is based on wedge fear and matching policy.
Labor's vote for carbon capture, gas and fracking is a disgrace, so is their dim-witted China policy The approval of nuclear subs was weak.They will vote for the bigoted 'religious freedom' bill.
Modern Labor are basically a right wing party these days, too frightened of Murdoch and the wedge.
I've met Lidia and she is a great women fighting for Indigenous rights and climate action.
If you want to talk about sexist comments, it's all Lib/Nats , as soon as the Greens make a slip-up , it's a pile on.

The title of the thread is "The Greens" so I suppose it's OK to give a critique on The Greens.

Their devotion to clean air, clean water and clean soil is fantastic and is bang in line with what most, if not all people with a modicum of intelligence, agree with.

It's just that the Greens play politics which in itself isn't surprising because after all, the are a "political" party but their compelling rhetoric on the environment is completely outdone by their ignorant and some could rightly say, preposterous agenda into how to achieve these fantastic ideals. As I said in an earlier post, their unconscionable behaviour in voting down, with the LNP, the "carbon tax" twice in the Senate has had a profound effect for the worse upon Australia.
Rubbish. Carbon tax was Labors fault and it was years and years ago.
Labor's climate policy has always been rubbish just ask a climate scientist . Not surprising from a party controlled by coal unions.

Lidia Thorpe has to deal with Malcom Roberts and Pauline Hanson's racist bs in the senate and all the racist internet attacks dressed up as humour.
It's pretty weak for Labor to attack the Greens when Labor's policy agenda is based on wedge fear and matching policy.
Labor's vote for carbon capture, gas and fracking is a disgrace, so is their dim-witted China policy The approval of nuclear subs was weak.They will vote for the bigoted 'religious freedom' bill.
Modern Labor are basically a right wing party these days, too frightened of Murdoch and the wedge.
I've met Lidia and she is a great women fighting for Indigenous rights and climate action.
If you want to talk about sexist comments, it's all Lib/Nats , as soon as the Greens make a slip-up , it's a pile on.
I don't reckon it's fact free. Maybe it's unpalatable to those who have invested their hope in the Greens but for real greenies like me, the Greens political Party are like the Democrats were: representatives of the chattering classes.

Sorry mate but when my friends in mining and forestry towns are being threatened by extinction due to the lunacy of moronic Green "policies" which, when decoded, say nothing more than "bad luck, die you c***s", then they are no more "Green" or left wing than Morrison's Robo-debt was.

Lidia is a great women whose fight for Indigenous rights and climate action is well known to those who care to look beyond the spin and bashing of the right wing but please, please, don't think that the Greens are the only way forward, not the Australian Greens that's for sure.

I don't reckon it's fact free. Maybe it's unpalatable to those who have invested their hope in the Greens but for real greenies like me, the Greens political Party are like the Democrats were: representatives of the chattering classes.

Sorry mate but when my friends in mining and forestry towns are being threatened by extinction due to the lunacy of moronic Green "policies" which, when decoded, say nothing more than "bad luck, die you c***s", then they are no more "Green" or left wing than Morrison's Robo-debt was.

Lidia is a great women whose fight for Indigenous rights and climate action is well known to those who care to look beyond the spin and bashing of the right wing but please, please, don't think that the Greens are the only way forward, not the Australian Greens that's for sure.
If you call yourself a greenie you can't possibly vote Labor.

Yeah, the Greens are to blame for inaction on climate change :rolleyes:

The fact that every other policy of theirs would destroy the economy and they are completely insane!

Is this the same Lidia who is the biggest racist in the senate??
The same Lidia that decided that ranted against the white man attorney general of the NT when infact the attorney general was an indigenous female?
The same Lidia who said one of the worst things ever heard in the Senate ??
The same Lidia that rails against all things modern Australia is and against the monarchy but is more than happy to sell out to take the “white mans” dirty money?
The same Lidia who is so oppressed she got shoe horned into the parliment due to her skin colour?
The same Lidia who is so popular she got voted out of Northcoate 12 months after somehow winning a by election?

Its no surprise that the party who has given us senator sea patrol who claims to be a victim at every turn yet has been strangely quite on Lidias outburst ( she did see fit though to hold Rachelle Millers hand this week however) saw this person as the best replacement for Di Natalie.. the pool must be really shallow.

Rubbish. Carbon tax was Labors fault and it was years and years ago.
Labor's climate policy has always been rubbish just ask a climate scientist . Not surprising from a party controlled by coal unions.
Don't be silly. Extremism doesn't work in this country and if you go to elections with anything even slightly controversial, then your f***ed! You cannot do anything from opposition and if a party is just too dumb to realise this, then they can talk the talk but they won't do jack s**t.

The Labor Party's Carbon Tax was a very sound starting point but the Greens blocked it for stupid political reasons. The Greens have never occupied the treasury benches and have this utopian idea that all you've got to do is wish it, and it will happen!

If Hawke and Keating had mentioned even one percent of what they had intended to do during the 1983 Federal Election, regardless of how useless and hated Fraser and Howard were at the time, they would never have won the election. To prove that point, have a look at what happened at the last election where Shorten and the ALP gave the ammunition to the far-right extremist Morrison to scare the pants off the electorate. The electorate hated Morrison and the LNP but they did not shift their votes in enough numbers away from them for there to be a change of Government.

Shorten and the ALP were being too clever by half, so to speak, when they said one thing to try and win Queensland electorates which they never could anyway, and another thing to the urban and suburban electorates to sure up their supposed environmental credentials. I have made my views known ad nauseam about this issue on Big Footy boards but for your benefit, I'll say it again: The ALP f***ed up not only because they put forward taxation issues (franking and negative gearing) and said to the electorate "if you don't understand them than don't vote for us", but for me, the thing that stopped the ALP attracting enough votes from those that had not voted for it in the 2016, was the unintelligible policy stance on Adani and the novice mistake, when asked "how much will your climate policies cost", they answered, "it will cost much more if we don't do anything about it."! How condescending can you be? The answer should have been, " x dollars and if you don't believe me, ask Morrison because we are taking to the election the policy that we agreed to after a years worth of negotiating with the Liberal National Party!" This last answer may have driven the Green supporters ape s**t, but it would have got the desired votes especially in the Melbourne electorates for the ALP to form government and from there, the Greens along with the ALP could co-operate and put in place really progressive and intelligent environmental policies.

People have to get it into their heads that the Australian electorate are intrinsically conservative; it's probably better to say they don't like change and are wary of the promise of change but when a Government instigates change, they have no option and most of the time, they accept it but the key phrase is, "when a Government instigates change" that is, you have to occupy the treasury benches to instigate change and that is something that the Greens just don't seem to get.

The fact that every other policy of theirs would destroy the economy and they are completely insane!
How come all their policies eventually eventuate.
What will destroy the economy is increased money spent on the military, fossil fuel subsidies, late vaccine purchases, low immigration and not funding new technology and research.
Plus making enemies with your major trading partner.

If you call yourself a greenie you can't possibly vote Labor.
First of all, don't assume that I vote Labor and secondly, but most importantly, if you want anything done for the environment, if you are a "greenie", then you'd be mad to voter for the LNP and just as mad to vote for the Greens because to do the latter, you make it far easier for the ecoterrorists to destroy everything in the name of economic activity and profits - you make unbridled capitalism almost inevitable.

If you are a greenie, than join the ALP and agitate because as dificult as it may be for some, that is the only hope for environmental and climate change progress because they can form Government, the Greens can't. Or, join the Greens and agitate for that party to get into the real world and work with the ALP, the only ones that will pay attention to them, and progress the cause for a better environment.

I will say it again, the Greens blocking the "carbon tax" not once but twice, showed them to be the party of the bourgeois and a clone of the Democrats and far more useful to the LNP than any sort of progressive, environmental/left wing party.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back