The Greens

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
The views were in the paper she co authored
The language used and arguments put forth in that paper included work from an anti trans group in the UK

If you don't know what TERF means you don't know enough about this topic to make the judgment that its all good

Well I disagree. I know what TERF means now, that's the beauty of it. People can gather more information, educate themselves and evolve their ideas.

Her views are transphobic, they are that trans people should be discriminated against

In what way? I have seen no evidence she is calling for discrimination against transgender people; in fact it is the opposite.

She doesn't believe in self ID

She suggests that trans women are actually sex predators trying to gain access to womens spaces to rape them

Thats not just a bit silly

🤣🤣 Yeah, that's not true.

And here we are you don't believe trans people actually transition which is why you don't see anything wrong with what she says

Well, yeah that's the whole point isn't it? People are free to do what they want but it doesn't mean everyone has to go along with it. As an extreme example, if I were a younger man and hooked up with someone who said they were a woman but who I subsequently found out used to be a man I doubt that relationship would last.

What are you even on about

Pretty self explanatory.

Biological sex is what to you exactly?
How is it defined? What makes up someone's biological sex?

Well without getting into the technicalities of it, generally someone born with male sexual organs who has the XY chromosome, male hormone levels (eg testosterone) etc would be considered a male. Someone born with female sexual organs who has the XX chromosome, female hormone levels (eg estrogen) etc would be considered a female.

Yeah and you don't believe people really transition and you don't really know whats going on
But you think you know more than everyone who has a problem with her statements

I never said I think I know more. I said I don't believe what she said is transphobic. It's a militant position in what is a complex issue. I believe in protecting the rights of everyone who is living their life without harming others. I don't think what she has said is discriminatory and overturning a democratic election on the basis of disagreeing with her politics is extremely problematic. I take what Johnny Bananas said in regards to the improper process which is fine if that is the case but if it wasn't for her election I doubt issues with improper process would have been raised and I don't see why she should be discouraged from running in the re-election.

In what way is a trans person's biological sex not binary?
Dude biological sex is biology and biological sex in humans is not Binary as there are more than two possibilities

Well I disagree. I know what TERF means now, that's the beauty of it. People can gather more information, educate themselves and evolve their ideas.

In what way? I have seen no evidence she is calling for discrimination against transgender people; in fact it is the opposite.

🤣🤣 Yeah, that's not true.

Well, yeah that's the whole point isn't it? People are free to do what they want but it doesn't mean everyone has to go along with it. As an extreme example, if I were a younger man and hooked up with someone who said they were a woman but who I subsequently found out used to be a man I doubt that relationship would last.

Pretty self explanatory.

Well without getting into the technicalities of it, generally someone born with male sexual organs who has the XY chromosome, male hormone levels (eg testosterone) etc would be considered a male. Someone born with female sexual organs who has the XX chromosome, female hormone levels (eg estrogen) etc would be considered a female.

I never said I think I know more. I said I don't believe what she said is transphobic. It's a militant position in what is a complex issue. I believe in protecting the rights of everyone who is living their life without harming others. I don't think what she has said is discriminatory and overturning a democratic election on the basis of disagreeing with her politics is extremely problematic. I take what Johnny Bananas said in regards to the improper process which is fine if that is the case but if it wasn't for her election I doubt issues with improper process would have been raised and I don't see why she should be discouraged from running in the re-election.
Well I don't know what you've been reading but it is good to see you're still running with the if I dated a trans woman line from years ago
Are you going to bring up drug use and mental health issues again?

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah... about that... the role was filled as a casual vacancy, which doesn't have the same restrictions as a full annual vote. The panel are making stuff up as they go along when it suits them.
Have you read the AGV constitution to know what the rules are around elections to fill a casual vacancy and the differences between those and a regular party position election?

Corporate Governance 101 is that any panel that reviews a decision like this should be independent.
You haven't proved that they're not.

Its gotta give you confidence that the processes was thorough, fair and democratic when they say "yeah, you're out, and we recommend you don't run again".
Except "they" are two different entities here. The Administrative Review Panel annulled the election. Samantha Ratnam, who is not on the ARP, is who recommended Gale not run again. You're conflating them to make a point.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Dude biological sex is biology and biological sex in humans is not Binary as there are more than two possibilities

Some aspects of biology are more black and white than others,.

I was asking how this manifests in a trans person such that their biological sex is not fixed. I know gender is up for grabs, but biological sex as far as I know is what it is.

Some aspects of biology are more black and white than others,.

I was asking how this manifests in a trans person such that their biological sex is not fixed. I know gender is up for grabs, but biological sex as far as I know is what it is.
You should do some research or talk about that stuff in the relevant thread

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
You should do some research or talk about that stuff in the relevant thread
You threadbanned me for having a discussion with a trans person. That individual continued their discussion with me in private and said he had no objection with my language.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
What if intersex is one end of the spectrum, cisgender is the other end. Trans fits somewhere in between.

Or male at one end, female at the other. Intersex and trans are somewhere in between.

I've pondered that myself but what's the evidence for this from a biological pov such that biological sex would be as transferable as gender?

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't know why this discussion is being had in the Greens thread. The Greens have one position and discussing any other possible position has been declared by them to be transphobic.
Their definition seems pretty wide reaching, and would probably cover the majority of Australians. Do they view FINA as a transphobic organisation?

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The human brain is the master organ in sexual function. Where else does POV come from, if not the brain?

The brain is biological, yeah?
This is the kind of speculation I could come up with myself. Pondering about something as mysterious as the brain and POV which is itself an abstraction or even an illusion, is not the hard evidence I was looking for to why bio sex isn't more fixed than gender identity.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
This is the kind of speculation I could come up with myself. Pondering about something as mysterious as the brain and POV which is itself an abstraction or even an illusion, is not the hard evidence I was looking for.

I've never seen you come up with speculation anything like this before though, it's mostly just Tuckerisms.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I've never seen you come up with anything like this before though, it's mostly just Tuckerisms.

I don't even know what that means, but I assume it signifies the end of the road as far as your take on this subject. That your opinion is really made up of your intuition on what the brain is?

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There's actually a fair bit of research behind it. Google is your friend human brain is a sex organ - Google Search

I'm aware that it's a primary sex organ. But it's a fair leap between that and some of the conclusions you have jumped to here. Again not saying the answers are wrong, but you have posted assumptions. If that is really the entire thought process, it's disturbing.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm aware that it's a primary sex organ. But it's a fair leap between that and some of the conclusions you have jumped to here. Again not saying the answers are wrong, but you have posted assumptions. If that is really the entire thought process, it's disturbing.

Psychology is biology, it's all connected. Your brain obviously works differently, and that's the point. We are all different.

If you feel disturbed, that's most likely a reflection of you. Maybe read more magazines or something?

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Psychology is biology, it's all connected.
Oh boy.

In all fairness I'm sure there is more rigor to the argument than this. I suppose I will have to do my research. Nevertheless it should be concerning that people have such strong beliefs about human biology based on virtually nothing. That goes for the transphobes as well of course.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Oh boy.

In all fairness I'm sure there is more rigor to the argument than this. I suppose I will have to do my research. Nevertheless it should be concerning that people have such strong beliefs about human biology based on virtually nothing. That goes for the transphobes as well of course.

It's not based on nothing. I've even given you a google search that contains plenty of research.

Here's another that relates directly to your 'oh boy' moment. psychology is biology - Google Search

fmd you admit you have done no research, yet claim my posts are based on virtually nothing? Grow up dude.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Well I don't know what you've been reading but it is good to see you're still running with the if I dated a trans woman line from years ago
Are you going to bring up drug use and mental health issues again?

Do you consider this statement transphobic;

"I am a man and I would not want to date a women who used to be a man"?

Back