Toast The Gresh Prince

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s been a horrible season so far. And we have had bad seasons in the past that have been watchable because of our connection to some champions. We could cope with losses because we had someone like Riewoldt or Hayes to watch and admire.

Coming into 2018 I felt like, for the first time, I didn’t have a player I had a real emotional connection with, and it makes the losses harder to sit through.

Amongst the dark clouds of 2018 we have found our silver lining, and that Silver lining is undoubtedly Jade Gresham.

Still only 20, I feel like Gresh has been perhaps a little underhyped by the media compared to similar players. He he managed 30 goals last year and has already hit that mark in 2018. Last night he played more as a midfielder than he probably ever has and he managed 24 possessions, 2 goals and 571 meters gained.

His last 10 games or so have been incredibly good for a young player in a poor team. His statistics alone equal or surpass hyped players like De Goey, Curnow, Gray and Betts.

But statistics aside, it’s what he does. His ability to make something out of nothing, to absorb and ignore pressure and dance around players to open up space, it’s bloody good to watch.

Amongst all of the negativity and the frustration at the lack of development of players, I think we can watch as Gresham continues to develop into, potentially, one of the best players in the competition. I don’t think I’m overstating it. In a few years time he could be anything and, presumably, we will be a better team. Imagine what he could do in a great team. He’s dangerous forward. He’s dangerous off the back of the square. And he proved last night he is dangerous through the middle.

I’ve finally found someone I want to watch for his entire career. Someone to pin all of my hopes on. I hope we re-sign him long term. This kid is going o be bloody special. He already is.

Is he getting the plaudits he deserves?

And he's a midfielder!

200.gif

Still only 20, I feel like Gresh has been perhaps a little underhyped by the media compared to similar players. He he managed 30 goals last year and has already hit that mark in 2018. Last night he played more as a midfielder than he probably ever has and he managed 24 possessions, 2 goals and 571 meters gained.

In a team playing significantly worse than last year!

It’s been a horrible season so far. And we have had bad seasons in the past that have been watchable because of our connection to some champions. We could cope with losses because we had someone like Riewoldt or Hayes to watch and admire.

Coming into 2018 I felt like, for the first time, I didn’t have a player I had a real emotional connection with, and it makes the losses harder to sit through.

Amongst the dark clouds of 2018 we have found our silver lining, and that Silver lining is undoubtedly Jade Gresham.

His last 10 games or so have been incredibly good for a young player in a poor team. His statistics alone equal or surpass hyped players like De Goey, Curnow, Gray and Betts.

But statistics aside, it’s what he does. His ability to make something out of nothing, to absorb and ignore pressure and dance around players to open up space, it’s bloody good to watch.

Amongst all of the negativity and the frustration at the lack of development of players, I think we can watch as Gresham continues to develop into, potentially, one of the best players in the competition. I don’t think I’m overstating it. In a few years time he could be anything and, presumably, we will be a better team. Imagine what he could do in a great team. He’s dangerous forward. He’s dangerous off the back of the square. And he proved last night he is dangerous through the middle.

I’ve finally found someone I want to watch for his entire career. Someone to pin all of my hopes on. I hope we re-sign him long term. This kid is going o be bloody special. He already is.

Is he getting the plaudits he deserves?

There's no doubt gresh doesn't get the plaudits he deserves. It comes with playing for a lower profile club. The media fawn over some guys because they are sheep.

Likewise hunter gets next to no love. The cleanliness of his hands in close is amazing but never even gets a mention. Yet some of his peers effect a stock standard 5m handball and it's like bradman took up footy.

We have a couple of guns in those 2, but gresh.... my goodness he is special

He’s special already! His highlights package shows he can do the absolute magical. Possibly the best side step in the game, lovely skills, excellent burst from a stoppage, uncanny goal sense. There’s a lot to love about the Gresh. He’s the only player on our list with the capacity to win a Brownlow medal. Definitely the one silver lining of season 2018!

I should add that it is delightful to watch a player who can kick on both sides.

That's why I have such high hopes for Hunter Clark - kicks effortlessly on both sides of his body. Clark is going to be another beauty I reckon but Gresh can do the special things already. He already has quite a nice highlights reel - two that spring to mind are the "breaking ankles" of Daisy Thomas and Harry Taylor both resulting in fantastic goals!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Gresh is everything, he is untouchable an absolute star, our saviour. God bless you Gresham you’re everything to a saints fan. I honestly don’t know how we would cope without him.

The thing that’s so special and what the very very best players have ie GAJ in his Prime, Pendles, Judd is that he is almost impossible to tackle. Even if he does he is so hard to disposes too has so many weapons.

I’ll always consider Gresh “mah man.”

When following the draft that year I remember watching his highlights and wondering why he wasn’t rated higher, then he smashed it at the skills tests in the combine. I remember wanting him at the Saints over Parish or Francis even when we had Pick 5.

I’ve been wrong with about every other player I’ve rated in the draft, but Gresh has surpassed expectations.

Next jumper I get will have 4 on the back.

Too early to pick your boy for this year?
Haven’t really paid attention this year, sorry.

#MyBoy is a family friend, but he probably won’t even get drafted at this rate.

Haven’t really paid attention this year, sorry.

#MyBoy is a family friend, but he probably won’t even get drafted at this rate.

I'm tempted to "report" this post.....how else am I supposed to sound intelligent about the draft?

Oh well there's always Choomah I suppose ;);););)

im a huge fan of Gresh...
im a bit differant in the fact its in times like this season where i really galvanise my support of my favourite players , i mean its easy when things are going well to pick the good players that you like but its when its a dark year and there isnt much to get excited about its the players in the face of that that either lift their output or bring that extra ooomph to show their fight for the jumper they are in that gets me every time.. thats for me why guys like Harves, Loewe, Roo, Lenny and BJ will always be special to me cause their intent when we were down to try to make us better... this season im fan boi over Gresh, Rice, Dunstan, Steven and Membrey although for some not their best seasons these guys week in week out are theguys who are really willing the team forward i would add Geary to that but as captain that is the bear minimum requirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back