Banter The Gridley thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the game that has infiltrated the lives of some on this board (myself included). If you haven't tried it before and you are good at your AFL trivia, check it out. It is good fun and equally fun to share and compare scores.

New Gridleys out every day, so feel free to post your results in here. Only Gridley discussion permitted, and no party poopers coming in here judging others for having a bit of fun.

How had I not heard of this before.

Struggled a bit to come up with the Tasmanians

Gridley 16 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  👹🦘🔰
🐯🟩🟩🟩
🦁🟩🟩🟩
🗓️🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 131

How had I not heard of this before.

Struggled a bit to come up with the Tasmanians

Gridley 16 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  👹🦘🔰
🐯🟩🟩🟩
🦁🟩🟩🟩
🗓️🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 131

Am offended

Like it caesar88 never heard of it before, but lots of fun.

Attachments

• 93EC75B1-67E4-4921-A8C3-259F796FC26E.jpeg
    93EC75B1-67E4-4921-A8C3-259F796FC26E.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 47
Gridley 17 - 8/9

👹🐯🇦🇺
🟤🟩🟩⬛
🟠🟩🟩🟩
1️⃣🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 206

can't even select richard lounder and steve malaxos played for australia and hawthorn i thought

Gridley 17 - 8/9

👹🐯🇦🇺
🟤🟩🟩🟩
🟠🟩🟩⬜
1️⃣🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 216

Shot myself in the foot with the GWS/IR question. Wasn’t sure anyone had given that International Rules has kind of died in the last decade.

I like this game, gets the brain thinking for the obscure players! Some of the best players were the most obscure, always gives me a smile!

Attachments

• AFAB277C-7788-4012-A36A-FBE12AABA735.jpeg
    AFAB277C-7788-4012-A36A-FBE12AABA735.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 37
Gridley 18 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  🥧🟤🏉
🐦‍⬛🟩🟩🟩
🦁🟩🟩🟩
🏅🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 53

Gridley 18 - 8/9

🥧🟤🏉
🐦‍⬛🟩🟩🟩
🦁🟩🟩🟩
🏅🟩🟩⬜
Rarity: 161

TIL Lenny Hayes never had 40+.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this game, gets the brain thinking for the obscure players! Some of the best players were the most obscure, always gives me a smile!
The reason I find the game frustrating, apart from the fact that it favours those who have been following a lot longer than I have (2005), is that I spend half the time with an image of the player in my mind, but their name not quite syncing for a prolonged period.

I agree it gets the gears moving in a way that I don't use my brain very often, so it's definitely a great game in that respect. I just don't have the requisit footy knowledge to make it a little more enjoyable.

Gridley 19 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  🔵🦘🏅
🦢🟩🟩🟩
🟠🟩🟩🟩
🫡🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 60

Gridley 19 - 8/9

🔵🦘🏅
🦢🟩🟩🟩
🟠🟩🟩🟩
🫡🟩🟩⬜
Rarity: 161

I have bought eternal shame to myself with the last square

IMG_5269.jpeg

I missed the “must have played at least one game” caveat and thought I was going to smash the rarity score out of the park with Daniel Currie

Have waited my entire Gridley life to type in one of today's names

Gridley 19 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  🔵🦘🏅
🦢🟩🟩🟩
🟠🟩🟩🟩
🫡🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 109

Remove this Banner Ad

Back