Society/Culture The Grievance Studies Hoax - 'Applied Postmodernism' in Scholarship and Higher Education

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no value in relating modern mathematical concepts to Indigenous culture. Same with science.
Are you taking this attitude to all practical applications of theory, or just Indigenous culture?

Because if you think there is harm or no value in teaching kids mapping or measurement or something, then taking them to key Indigenous sites and getting them to apply learned theory, then I don't know what to tell you.

Are you taking this attitude to all practical applications of theory, or just Indigenous culture?

Because if you think there is harm or no value in teaching kids mapping or measurement or something, then taking them to key Indigenous sites and getting them to apply learned theory, then I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah nah. You could apply science and mathematical theory to the life of cats but that doesn't mean there is feline science.

It really is an excellent presentation.
It's often the case that people doing these sorts of videos don't adequately explain (or even understand) the theories they are critiquing, but that's certainly not the case here. It's a very abridged summary, which it has to be by nature, but it's a very good one.

How can you watch that and make the leap that it's some sort of wide spread issue. I have yet to see a single statistic to back up that there are far left cabals of teachers and students infecting universities across the US. Weinstein was at a wacky school that encouraged wackiness so wackiness happened. That whole saga seems like an outlier. Where's the evidence this is happening at a national level?II'm happy to be proved wrong but I can't find any stats to prove any of this stuff.

How can you watch that and make the leap that it's some sort of wide spread issue. I have yet to see a single statistic to back up that there are far left cabals of teachers and students infecting universities across the US. Weinstein was at a wacky school that encouraged wackiness so wackiness happened. That whole saga seems like an outlier. Where's the evidence this is happening at a national level?II'm happy to be proved wrong but I can't find any stats to prove any of this stuff.
It's not an epidemic that is taking over all higher education. I don't think anyone really claims that. It IS insidious though, and the field that make these claims are solidly ensconced inside the academic literature taught by universities. I had to engage with a lot of it during my studies over the last five years. My final two were a teaching degree, and some of the postmodern perspectives are evident in that. One of the last classes I had was discussing a paper on 'Settler (colonial) grammar".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Examples of Aboriginal 'science'.

Physics: Aboriginal people developed the boomerang and other sophisticated weapons

Astronomy : An Emu in the Sky over Paranal

Navigation: How could they traverse this great continent without compasses, but using stars and oral maps?

Landcare: Aboriginal people managed country carefully through controlled burning to maximise productivity.

Chemistry: Aboriginal people had an intimate knowledge of bush medicine, and how to treat poisonous plants to make them usable for food or medicine.

Warfare: They organised fierce resistance to the British invaders, and sometimes won significant military victories such as the raids by Aboriginal warrior Pemulwuy or Jandamarra.

Landcare?

Burning the bush killed a lot of flora and fauna that were present before people arrived to Australia.

Combined with climate change resulted in increased desertification.

Humans tend to change the environment for the worse and First Nations people’s are no different.

Is there a written summary of this somewhere? My ADD ass couldn't handle more than 4 minutes of that narrator... but I'm interested in where it was heading.
Take it in small bites if you can. Worth trying to grasp the foundation ideas before they go into the examples of contemporary academia.

It really is an excellent presentation.

Relativists who talk about Feminist science and engineering, and Indigenous science need to come up with their own new words because they are not talking about the same concepts as are normally used by these terms. They also need to demonstrate the utility to mankind of their theories compared to real science and engineering.

NY univ. promotes paper comparing cow insemination to 'rape,' milking cows to 'sexual abuse'

• A journal published by a New York university Gender Studies department recently put out a paper meant to call attention to the “sexual exploitation” of dairy cows.
  • The author argues that in order to be a true advocate for feminism, one must consider the commodification of a dairy cow's reproductive rights.
A paper currently being promoted by a New York university calls on society to consider the rampant “sexual exploitation” of dairy cows by the milk industry in order to “fully fight gendered oppression.”

Specifically, the author compares cattle insemination to "rape" and the milking of cows to "sexual abuse."

“the dairy industry is a host for sex-based discrimination"

Titled “Readying the Rape Rack: Feminism and the Exploitation of Non-Human Reproductive Systems,” the paper was published Friday in a journal called Dissenting Voices, which is published and edited by the Women’s and Gender Studies program at the College at Brockport State University of New York.

The published piece aims at discussing the “sexual exploitation of non-human bodies, specifically dairy cows.” The author notes that “as a vegan and animal rights activist,” she feels compelled to reveal the “feminist aspects of animal agriculture,” a topic she says is unfortunately “under-researched,” but is nonetheless important because “the same way women’s health has been at stake for years, a dairy cow’s reproductive system has been poked and prodded.”

According to the publication, “the dairy industry is a host for sex-based discrimination,” and a “site where sexual assault and objectification based on biological makeup are highly prevalent but ignored as we choose to neglect non- humans with whom we share a planet.”

The paper argues that “in order to fully fight gendered oppression,” society must also address the plight of dairy cows, which it asserts are “still subjects to sex-based discrimination and violence,” despite their voices being “not always lifted or comprehensible.”

They are infecting universities not only in the US, but also here in australia. I don't have "statistics" to back this up, but what I do have is personal experience. Through conversations I've had with university students, I've seen just how brainwashed they are with leftist ideology. These people are so far gone they are beyond redemption. It's quite tragic.

They are infecting universities not only in the US, but also here in australia. I don't have "statistics" to back this up, but what I do have is personal experience. Through conversations I've had with university students, I've seen just how brainwashed they are with leftist ideology. These people are so far gone they are beyond redemption. It's quite tragic.
In your experience, how long does it take for a student to be brainwashed with a leftist ideology in an Australian university?

Are there more fourth year students who are brainwashed than there are first year students?

Does the degree change the rate of brainwashing? Environmental engineering vs mechanical engineering?

What was a conversation you had that left you believing the student was beyond redemption?

In your experience, how long does it take for a student to be brainwashed with a leftist ideology in an Australian university?

Are there more fourth year students who are brainwashed than there are first year students?

Does the degree change the rate of brainwashing? Environmental engineering vs mechanical engineering?

What was a conversation you had that left you believing the student was beyond redemption?
Shhhhhh. Stop deflecting from the inevitable and defending the indefensible m8.

We are heading down to "Idiocracy" levels, as the left suck up resources and destroy the actual sciences!

I don't know how long it takes. It depends on the person, the degree they're taking and the crowd they hang around, among other things. Of course the degree changes the rate of brainwashing. Somebody who takes women's studies is probably already brainwashed, but their delusional beliefs will be reinforced by uni lecturers.

A good litmus test for how brainwashed somebody is with leftist ideology is to ask them what they think about the gender wage gap.
This is a phenomenon in which you have an enormous number of variables to account for the disparity in average earnings between men and women, yet they reduce the whole thing down to "sexism", "patriarchy", and " white male privilege". Basically the more brainwashed they are, the more you'll hear any of those 3 catchwords in their response.

The conversation I had was with a teaching graduate who was trying to guilt trip me with a lecture on white male privilege, and it was just sickening how they regurgitated what they'd been taught in leftist academic literature without any ability to actually think for themselves.

Thank you for replying.

I don't know how long it takes. It depends on the person, the degree they're taking and the crowd they hang around, among other things. Of course the degree changes the rate of brainwashing. Somebody who takes women's studies is probably already brainwashed, but their delusional beliefs will be reinforced by uni lecturers.
So how do you know for sure that it is the university doing the brainwashing?

Who brainwashed the people before university?

Are all university lecturers in on this? Or is it what they believe?
Are lecturers only hired in Australia if they are already brainwashed, meaning they will brainwash others?

A good litmus test for how brainwashed somebody is with leftist ideology is to ask them what they think about the gender wage gap.
This is a phenomenon in which you have an enormous number of variables to account for the disparity in average earnings between men and women, yet they reduce the whole thing down to "sexism", "patriarchy", and " white male privilege". Basically the more brainwashed they are, the more you'll hear any of those 3 catchwords in their response.
I don't think that's a good litmus test.

If someone isn't entirely across a complicated and nuanced situation, they are a brainwashed 'lefty'?

Do you believe the use of commonly used catchphrases is a sign of being brainwashed? Or just for this topic? Do people who use the term "the left" in arguments, strike you as brainwashed?

The conversation I had was with a teaching graduate who was trying to guilt trip me with a lecture on white male privilege, and it was just sickening how they regurgitated what they'd been taught in leftist academic literature without any ability to actually think for themselves.
What was the main point you took issue with, and how did you disagree?

From what you've said, that person doesn't strike me as being beyond redemption.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back