Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2008
Die Kaffeeklatsch
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Landsborough
The argument falls down here.
You would argue there should be no restrictions on who can get access to firearms? As a shooter, I'd disagree, and think it works well that a genuine reason needs to be displayed. It's not hard to do that, but you do need a reason.

Hard_to_Beat

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You would argue there should be no restrictions on who can get access to firearms?

Don't be absurd.

As a shooter, I'd disagree, and think it works well that a genuine reason needs to be displayed. It's not hard to do that, but you do need a reason.

The bullshit that just happened with the bikies was downright disgraceful.

The state would entirely disarm the population if it could get away with it.

They will eventually achieve this via the engineered hysteria of the moronic masses.

Tex_21

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2008
Die Kaffeeklatsch
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Landsborough
The bullshit that just happened with the bikies was downright disgraceful.

The state would entirely disarm the population if it could get away with it.

They will eventually achieve this via the engineered hysteria of the moronic masses.
I agree the laws limiting freedom of association is stupid, pointless and offensive, but I still don't buy the guns for protection argument. The data doesn't support it in the US - where you're more likely to be shot if you have a weapon.

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
What is this obsession with the person behind the screen?

Concentrate on the words or find something else to do.

How about you find some words of value then?

Scream tyranny all you want, but I'd really like to see some evidence or authority for this tyranny I experience (apparently on a daily basis).

Pray tell, what form of government/ State should we have, and why?

Whats your genuine reason?

Ze Germans?
Zee Rabbits, zee pigs, zee farkin Liberal Party mussa fuggers, that Abbott arseclown, Bob farkin Katter, other people who annoy me etc etc.

sydney eagle

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 11, 2006
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Sydney Rabbitohs
Wasn't talking about it in relation to the merits (or lack of) in the 2nd Amendment, more in general, a context that can be applied to the US, and here. I think we have very good gun laws in Australia. If you wish to have a licence/purchase a gun, you need to show why you need it, and that you're a 'fit and proper person', and have significant security measures in place.
I believe this is significantly different to the US situation

Australian government (at least at the federal level) is also less open to pressure from lobby groups such as the NRA in the U S; because of compulsory voting.

Back