Current The Gympie Decapitation

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
A body of a man last week was found near Gympie on Thursday, Decapitated, arms removed from the elbow down and the lower half of his body below the ribs. It appears the other body parts have not been found. Than appears to have been burned. Described by one homicide detective as the most gruesome he'd seen.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/gympie-body-find-most-gruesome-officer-has-seen-20130923-2u9wo.html

The identity of the man is still a mystery and despite being charred they seem to have enough to know it was a Caucasian male. Police say they are going through local and interstate missing person reports.

In an entirely unprofessional and uninformed opinion I'd suggest it’s possible in order to dispose of the body multiple people took a part to different locations to hide it more effectively in theory.

Having had a look at the maps of the area It could be possible someone was trying to get to the state forest or heavy cover not too far away but panicked and tried to dispose of their portion of the body more quickly and haphazardly.

Identification is the key here, who is he/she, who are his close associates?, visit their places of abode etc, whoever did this has a lot of dna to clean up. Drugs no doubt, probably ripped off meth manufacturers so they chopped him up, victim is probably the cooker.

Identification is the key here, who is he/she, who are his close associates?, visit their places of abode etc, whoever did this has a lot of dna to clean up. Drugs no doubt, probably ripped off meth manufacturers so they chopped him up, victim is probably the cooker.
Been watching Breaking Bad have we

Having driven through the area near where the body was found its complete plausible that the perp did panic and dump early. There is literally 100s of KM's of thick timber forest with thousands of beaten tracks where a body could be left never to be seen again.

Having driven through the area near where the body was found its complete plausible that the perp did panic and dump early. There is literally 100s of KM's of thick timber forest with thousands of beaten tracks where a body could be left never to be seen again.
Speaking from experience are we?

I drive through Gympie regularly when I drive to Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast. Always drive through very quickly without stopping. Absolute shithole of a town. Just gives me the creeps so it doesn't surprise me that something like this happened.

I drive through Gympie regularly when I drive to Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast. Always drive through very quickly without stopping. Absolute shithole of a town. Just gives me the creeps so it doesn't surprise me that something like this happened.

Mothar Mountain rock pools in Gympie is worth checking out, nice spot. Same as making the trek out to rainbow for the dunes or tin can bay to feed the dolphins.

But agree, Gympie itself is an absolute dive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A skull found in the Tin Can Bay area, north of the Sunshine Coast, has been identified as that of missing Gold Coast father Shaun Barker.

Forestry workers made the discovery on April 10 in a remote location dotted with hoop pine plantations. A subsequent search uncovered other skeletal remains in a shallow pit about 95m from where the skull was found.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...entified-torso-discovered-just-50km-away.html

A skull found in the Tin Can Bay area, north of the Sunshine Coast, has been identified as that of missing Gold Coast father Shaun Barker.

Forestry workers made the discovery on April 10 in a remote location dotted with hoop pine plantations. A subsequent search uncovered other skeletal remains in a shallow pit about 95m from where the skull was found.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...entified-torso-discovered-just-50km-away.html

Like I said.... That area is creepy and isolated

Was in and out of the news the past couple of weeks, but heard a brief story that the body was identified as a man from Tanawha on the Sunshine Coast, and the wife has been charged with the murder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back