FTA-TV The Handmaid’s Tale

Remove this Banner Ad

thought this was interesting

That's great; I notice if you click the image it takes to a clearer version that zooms in/out

The Nuclear Zones are interesting; sad to see my fave city SF destroyed/LA as well.

Cant figure out the middle zone...I think that is Arkansas?

Map_of_USA_with_state_names_and_big_cities.png

Yes

Why you would nuke Little Rock is puzzling though. I don't imagine it would be a hot bed of liberal resistance

Maybe the Clinton’s had moved back there.

That's great; I notice if you click the image it takes to a clearer version that zooms in/out

The Nuclear Zones are interesting; sad to see my fave city SF destroyed/LA as well.

Cant figure out the middle zone...I think that is Arkansas?

I don’t know if the map is intended to be hyper-accurate, but the centres of those radioactive zones looked to be not on those cities. Seem quite arbitrary actually - Santa Maria (between SF & LA) and somewhere between LA and San Diego. The third one is just to the west of Phoenix. The larger one is actually just in Missouri, West Plains to be more precise.

The map nerd in me like that someone took the car to put the map projection and datum information on there.

I don’t know if the map is intended to be hyper-accurate, but the centres of those radioactive zones looked to be not on those cities. Seem quite arbitrary actually - Santa Maria (between SF & LA) and somewhere between LA and San Diego. The third one is just to the west of Phoenix. The larger one is actually just in Missouri, West Plains to be more precise.

The map nerd in me like that someone took the car to put the map projection and datum information on there.

Well thank * for that

I was worried

Well thank **** for that

I was worried

Glad I could help. There nothing like the stress of wondering of the fate of places you’ve visited in a work of fiction.

Yes

Why you would nuke Little Rock is puzzling though. I don't imagine it would be a hot bed of liberal resistance

I'm guessing ground-forces met in the middle somewhere away from major populations similar to their other civil war. Gilead or America said 'screw this' and blasted it to hell. I'm going to guess it was America. Gilead may have got their hands on smaller nukes and focused on the west coast for maximum damage. America used a big one in the middle away from civilians.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you didn’t know by now, Fred is just a giant dildo.

That ep sets up all kids of potential repercussions next season. What happens now that Serena knows the Marthas are a part of MayDay? Will she join? Will June play nice to get more time with Hannah or is she going to just go complete badass. How will Aunt Lydia fare?

Last edited:
Just watched the finale.

I really like this show in spite of its grimness, but this whole “June tries to and nearly escapes Gilead only to be recaptured/taken back to Fred and Serena/change her mind because of her daughter” thing is kind of wearing a little thin.

I hope Season 3 is the last because they’re really stretching the dimensions of each character and in danger of jumping the shark.

Just watched the finale.

I really like this show in spite of its grimness, but this whole “June tries to and nearly escapes Gilead only to be recaptured/taken back to Fred and Serena/change her mind because of her daughter” thing is kind of wearing a little thin.

I hope Season 3 is the last because they’re really stretching the dimensions of each character and in danger of jumping the shark.

I think the notion or action of escape as a key driver for many characters on the show, so it's unreasonable to think it's not going to get used often. Probably roughly 49% of people in Gilead wouldn't mind escaping!

The most interesting part about the show for mine is the exploration of character - showing that people are not all good or all bad. They've depicted June as a generally decent person, but who can be somewhat selfish and manipulative. Serena's depiction is fascinating to me - it's very easy to hate her, but there is that caring side to her.

To me now, the show is now not about whether or not June escapes, but if/how Gilead gets taken down. I can see the next season being less about June and more about MayDay. Oh, and probably June and Hannah.

I did read that the showrunner said they could imagine 10 seasons. I hope not. 3 or 4 would be my maximum, but given Hulu don't have much else going on at the moment I can see them pushing for longer.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back