FTA-TV The Handmaid’s Tale

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished watching the first two episodes, both of which were mostly brilliant.

I did think that all those people applauding Emily as she was walking into the hospital was a little ridiculous, as was the lack of smoke in the bedroom while the bed and curtains were both fully alight. I also could have done with less Luke - he's always been the weakest character in the show imo and I don't think more airtime will fix that

love that they are showing 2 at a time.
I don't think that will happen any more this season.

It only happened because Hulu released the first 3 episodes all in one go (with weekly episodes there after), and SBS decided to hold one over to this week instead of showing all 3 at one time

I think the bigger holy **** moment was at the end in the implication that Gilead is might assemble some sort of K&R team to return Nicole back to the Waterfords
For mine the biggest wow moment was Serina giving June the cigarette case and lighter. It was the moment they were equal for the first time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that why she was crying? I was a little distracted watching the end of the episode so couldn't figure out if had something to do with the kid, or with dinosaurs or something else

Mixture of all of it I think.
Remember when Serena was in Canada and she had a pictorial itinerary?

Mixture of all of it I think.
Remember when Serena was in Canada and she had a pictorial itinerary?

I forgot about that. I thought she was crying because of the things she missed out on doing with her son... good pick up.

I forgot about that. I thought she was crying because of the things she missed out on doing with her son... good pick up.

I'm a Librarian so the no reading thing was interesting/horrifying to me.
I think it was a few things leading to Emily's reaction. Not knowing how her son would accept her, being in her wife's house, reading.
She is brilliantly portrayed by Alexis.

Do people think this series will have an end or be one of those shows that keeps going and fizzles out after a drop in audiences?

Atwood is still pretty involved. Thinking a ‘Children of Men’ style ending where things aren’t really wrapped up but hope for their future.

Really enjoyed those 2 episodes, love that they are showing 2 at a time.

The story arc right now, is at its prime for mine. I really like how they are showing June as a future leader of the Rebellion.

Riveting tv right now.
Ep 2 was interesting.

The commander and his wife are complex characters!

I am glad the show has moved on from the Serena Joy, June and Fred storyline. (re: to the Waterfords household drama from S1 and S2)

Last edited:
Serena has been and still is the best, most interesting part of the show imo, although Emily might become it if episode 4 is anything to go by
I am currently watching ep 4...and now seen more of Serena in S3.

Agreed, she one of the best characters on the show! Challenging role.

I still cant believe Rory from the Gilmore Girls is playing Emily. What a contrast!

Edited:

omg ep4

aunt lydia!!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back