FTA-TV The Handmaid’s Tale

Remove this Banner Ad

Serena wants Nicole back! She will do anything.
Do you think that? I don't think she does. She regrets the world they've built and the fact that led to her having to send her daughter overseas to have a decent life. I don't get the feeling she wants to bring her back to a country where she probably won't be taught to read and will have her finger cut off if she asks questions.

Serena is conflicted. She genuinely felt that Nicole was her baby despite the weird way Gilead society works, and as such misses her desperately hence why she contemplated drowning herself, so at least part of her wants Nicole back. OTOH jackn is correct in that she realises that Nicole is better off in Canada. She could go either way imo and will regret her decision regardless of which she chooses/what ends up happening.

Its these conflicting emotions and intents that makes her so interesting

Serena is conflicted. She genuinely felt that Nicole was her baby despite the weird way Gilead society works, and as such misses her desperately hence why she contemplated drowning herself, so at least part of her wants Nicole back. OTOH jackn is correct in that she realises that Nicole is better off in Canada. She could go either way imo and will regret her decision regardless of which she chooses/what ends up happening.

Its these conflicting emotions and intents that makes her so interesting

Yep... they've placed her character so well. I have a feeling she will conspire with June but also betray her for her own wants too.....

and the whole tracking down Nicole in Canada, could be the way that there is officially a response if they do try to take her from there.

Do you think that? I don't think she does. She regrets the world they've built and the fact that led to her having to send her daughter overseas to have a decent life. I don't get the feeling she wants to bring her back to a country where she probably won't be taught to read and will have her finger cut off if she asks questions.
I agree with this. It's obvious she is smart enough to realise Nicole is not her baby, and has mentioned that to June a few times.
She was also deeply moved when talking to the Canadian journalists about the latest advances in fertility treatment that could possibly help her and those in a similar situation. That would be one of her great motivations for bringing Gilead down and a strong selling point when getting other wives on side

Aunt Lydia said not to be clever as their would be consequences. I think the Canadians watching would notice June's extreme fist clenching and come to the conclusion it's Gilead propaganda.

Nick Lowe's cruel to be kind was an interesting choice of music when Serena told Fred it's all over with Nicole.

Can't wait for next week.

Aunt Lydia said not to be clever as their would be consequences. I think the Canadians watching would notice June's extreme fist clenching and come to the conclusion it's Gilead propaganda.

Nick Lowe's cruel to be kind was an interesting choice of music when Serena told Fred it's all over with Nicole.

Can't wait for next week.
Sunday Bloody Sunday, at the end, symbolism the insurgency and revenge to come?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunday Bloody Sunday, at the end, symbolism the insurgency and revenge to come?
Must be.

I hope June and the other handmaid's start to rebel.

Lol Luke was great...

Serena - "God bless you" Luke - "f .....!

Next week

Also hanging out for Attwood's sequel

Me too. Can't wait to read her version.

Watched it again this morning and was a bit puzzled by who Fred in the TV broadcast was referring to as the "dangerous fugitive" who kidnapped Nicole.
Was it Luke? that's who I assumed he was referring to , but he has proof through the refugee agency when he arrived in Canada, without Nicole, she was still in Gillead.
Or was it Emily? if so, will jeopardise commander Lawrence's involvement in her escape. He won't be happy at all if that s the case.

I also think Nick will play a big part in the remaining episodes now that the Canadian government has been bought into the kidnapping , because Luke has the proof that Fred and Serena aren't the biological parents, but that will then put Nick's life in jeopardy.

I also hope June somehow gets hold of Tuello's phone.

I thought Emily, as Canada knows she escaped with the baby
By implicating the "dangerous fugitive" Emily, the Canadian media will no doubt look into the actual escape and not only will Commander Lawrence be implicated so will Serena. For that reason it puzzles me she would choose to go down this apparent route.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back