FTA-TV The Handmaid’s Tale

Remove this Banner Ad

Its possible. Would have to be something pretty wild if it’s going to be considered an atrocity in Gilead though.

It's not gilead that considers it an atrocity though. He's being looked after there. It was the swiss who said they couldn't use him because of what he's done. The way serena spoke what he did was crucial to gilead forming though. My first thought was killed the president or something but I'm sure it will be something more interesting than that.

I'm starting to think they're going to drag this out too long. Really hope not though. If there isn't some real push back this season I'll be quite sad.

It's not gilead that considers it an atrocity though. He's being looked after there. It was the swiss who said they couldn't use him because of what he's done. The way serena spoke what he did was crucial to gilead forming though. My first thought was killed the president or something but I'm sure it will be something more interesting than that.

I'm starting to think they're going to drag this out too long. Really hope not though. If there isn't some real push back this season I'll be quite sad.

It’s heading into LOST lack of pacing

We can guess anything. Downside, we've had back stories of other main characters, even the mega boring Emily.
I'd love to know Lydias background. Maybe their keeping that form season 16

There hasn’t really been any back story stuff for anyone this season...come to think of it, I don’t think there has been any?

Could explain the glacial pacing people are complaining about? Lots of long, meandering scenes full of CU shots of June’s vascular AF forehead looking like she is struggling to clear a major bowel blockage.

As I said, would love to see some back story for Commander Lawrence and his wife at least.

True enigmas at this point.

There hasn’t really been any back story stuff for anyone this season...come to think of it, I don’t think there has been any?

Could explain the glacial pacing people are complaining about? Lots of long, meandering scenes full of CU shots of June’s vascular AF forehead looking like she is struggling to clear a major bowel blockage.

As I said, would love to see some back story for Commander Lawrence and his wife at least.

True enigmas at this point.
They are overdoing it with June's close up, it's becoming annoying now.

The last episode was slow, I was struggling to stay interested.

Though I would like to know more about Lydia's and Nick's background,

We can guess anything. Downside, we've had back stories of other main characters, even the mega boring Emily.
I'd love to know Lydias background. Maybe their keeping that for season 16

Ann Dowd said in an interview we get aunt Lydia's backstory this season. Might even be the next episode.
She is brilliant in this. Nailed the casting.

They are overdoing it with June's close up, it's becoming annoying now.

The last episode was slow, I was struggling to stay interested.

Though I would like to know more about Lydia's and Nick's background,

I guess it’s the old Game of Thrones dilemma too though....if they hit the gas and started moving things too quick, you may then have people complaining about them ‘not taking there time to develop the characters and tell the story properly’.....I admit though, I find myself fast forwarding through a lot of scenes this seasons. I don’t know if it’s moving to slow, or there are just way to many long, meandering scenes of handmaids travelling in cars looking out of windows, protracted close ups of anguished faces, it may even just be the lack of backstory flashbacks cut in to break things up.

Different directors work on different episodes, so hopefully as we enter the second half of the season, we will start getting some more ‘stuff’ going on rather than just artsy ‘don’t need to say anything, the image says it all’ explorations of June’s suppressed turmoil and rage, through close ups of her wobbling, sweaty forehead etc. Like you said, overdone and just annoying now. 904AE4E4-471E-4D97-BD7C-9775D3595CE0.jpeg

Last edited:
Ann Dowd said in an interview we get aunt Lydia's backstory this season. Might even be the next episode.
She is brilliant in this. Nailed the casting.
She's one of the best TV characters, especially how one moment she can show increadible compassion then at the flick of a switch extreme brutality.
I'd love nothing better than to see her back story.

She's one of the best TV characters, especially how one moment she can show increadible compassion then at the flick of a switch extreme brutality.
+1 for this

Definitely a great character that forces the viewer to get frustrated and angry with her.

Last season she mentioned she was a godmother but something happened to the baby. Can't remember the exact details.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely a great character that forces the viewer to get frustrated and angry with her.

Last season she mentioned she was a godmother but something happened to the baby. Can't remember the exact details.

She reminds me of some of teachers I had in high school to be honest.

Enjoys the power a little too much kind of thing.

i wonder if she was a teacher or school principal?

Imagine if she was just some doting grandmother whose family got wiped out in a car wreck. That could work too.

Evil lurking in the most normal of places and all that.

I just wonder how they tie into the Gilead Cause? What triggers them to become so devoted to the cause?

Look at Izzy Folau.

These people are nuts.

Although if the left was honest with itself, which it won’t be (easier to say this is just a ‘commentary’ on ‘men’ and there attitude to women) the whole handmaids because of dropping fertility stuff aside...this s**t is pretty much just straight up, actually happening, fundie Islam treatment of women.

Again though, you won’t get the feminists or the left pointing that out I’m afraid.

Going by the trailers, we will be seeing more of the same

This ‘arty’ use of Elisabeth Moss’ constipated face in heavy close up, really started with her character in Top of The Lake looking back.

Does my head in too be honest. The women is more than just an anguished facial expression, Mad Men showed that. Sadly they are just flogging it to death now. Especially the crane cam one.

194C5FA9-32DD-441D-9523-30A9C3F05135.png

This ‘arty’ use of Elisabeth Moss’ constipated face in heavy close up, really started with her in character in Top of The Lake looking back.

Does my head in too be honest. The women is more than just an anguished facial expression, Mad Men showed that. Sadly they are just flogging it to death now. Especially the crane cam one.

View attachment 700260

I Don't even find that expression arty, it's annoying and unnecessary.

She's obviously been told that's her signature move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back