FTA-TV The Handmaid’s Tale

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
They are overdoing it with June's close up, it's becoming annoying now.

The last episode was slow, I was struggling to stay interested.

Though I would like to know more about Lydia's and Nick's background,
god yes, I was thinking there was to many closeups. I was counting her blackheads.

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
Typical U2 to ca$h in though

As much as I love them and are going later in the year, a decade of rubbish music sees them selling themselves to the devil
Stuff there s**t music. So much great stuff.

Their Best is the Best there is. nd there concerts (when Bono doesn't insist on preaching - are still the best shows on earth)

I wasn't paying $500 and then the flights and hotel to come from Tassie to see them this time. But The Joshua Tree, every Song from it GOLD.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Stuff there **** music. So much great stuff.

Their Best is the Best there is. nd there concerts (when Bono doesn't insist on preaching - are still the best shows on earth)

I wasn't paying $500 and then the flights and hotel to come from Tassie to see them this time. But The Joshua Tree, every Song from it GOLD.

Well to hear the JTree is a once in a lifetime event

I saw Springsteen back to back in 2017 because you never know

Well not just trailers specifically...the SBS Ads that run for 10 seconds are misleading

Yeah, hard to avoid that kind of stuff I guess. I go for the fingers in the ears, eyes closed approach any time trailers or ads come on. Works well enough. Have found my enjoyment of tv and film has improved so much since.

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just watched Ep 7. Sadly, rapidly losing now losing me this show.

Show Literally going nowhere now. June getting Martha’s killed so she can randomly go on field trips to go spy on her child in the playground. More close ups.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Just watched Ep 7. Sadly, rapidly losing now losing me this show.

Show Literally going nowhere now. June getting Martha’s killed so she can randomly go on field trips to go spy on her child in the playground. More close ups.

Just read a spoiler from Forbes USA...google HMT and click News, first item and it pretty much sums up where I am and I think where you are?

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just read a spoiler from Forbes USA...google HMT and click News, first item and it pretty much sums up where I am and I think where you are?

Pretty much.

June is just a pain in the arse now. No plan beyond Commander Lawrence seems like a good dude underneath it all and he helped Emily. Just reckless s**t that’s now getting other people put on the wall, when by rights June should be long dead herself now. That second group hanging where the McKenzie’s Martha was hung was pretty brutal stuff, and that smug AF OfMatthew Handmaid seriously needed a bullet in her face at that point. Hopefully now June has no idea where Hannah is whatsoever, something will actually happen plot wise, because it’s over half way now, and we are no further than where we were with Ep 1

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Pretty much.

June is just a pain in the arse now. No plan beyond Commander Lawrence seems like a good dude underneath it all and he helped Emily. Just reckless s**t that’s now getting other people put on the wall, when by rights June should be long dead herself now. That second group hanging where the McKenzie’s Martha was hung was pretty brutal stuff, and that smug AF OfMatthew Handmaid seriously needed a bullet in her face at that point. Hopefully now June has no idea where Hannah is whatsoever, something will actually happen plot wise, because it’s over half way now, and we are no further than where we were with Ep 1

Yes agree

Maybe the final scene is the catalyst

Echoes

Drain the swamp.
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
The trailers promise so much but not much happens

So aunt Lydia was either a teacher or school principal?

One or the other.

Love the look of her directing the ‘leading teams’ style honesty session for the circle of Handmaids. The transition from potentially closeted sadistic bully teacher, to the ultimate out of the closet sadist and bully and torturer of women complete.

Is it June or OfMatthew in the middle though?

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
(Question: can someone tell me how to do the spoiler tag thingo? I’m technologically illiterate)

SPOILERS

That episode sucked, on two fronts.

- June pissed me right off in that episode. Yes, I know she’s a mother, in a terrible situation etc but what did she hope to achieve by going to her daughter’s school? She had no hope of getting her out and needlessly put herself and ultimately the Martha at risk.

It’s been established that she’s very smart, selfishly and recklessly taking a huge and unnecessary risk like that is not only irritating but goes way against her character.

The snitching Handmaids may be a snitching Handmaid but June is just as culpable for the death of the martha.

- The whole thing with the hangings, salvaging etc has been done to death (pardon the pun) and everyone is over it.

We get it: Gilead is s**t, brutal, awful. You’ve shown us this in countless other episodes.

Everyone I’ve spoken to about this show agrees that it’s getting tiresome watching brutal s**t happen every week.

The show really needs to pick up its game with different story arcs and ideas other than “Hey, isn’t this such a dreadful place!” otherwise I’m done with it.

Back