Food & Drink The Hangar Beer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do we feel the need to brew international beers here?

I bought a slab of imported 500ml cans of Heineken today ($49.90 at Dans:thumbsu:) and it is so much better than the locally brewed Heineken.

So today the 500ml cans of Heineken were $40 at Dans.

It's going to be such a let down when I return to normal size stubbies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:) Oh good, i wanted to get staff an Aussie made beer seeing as CUB r scewing their workers. Thanks Doss !
Don't believe the union spin.
The workers got a paid package and made redundant then offered their same jobs back on $44/hr.
You read that the workers are getting a 65% paycut, you do the maths and figure out what bullshit wage they were on prior.
An before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm a Fitter and Turner and still work in the trade.. Unions are killing industry in this country.

can confirm the above...

but i have a different question.

a few of you in here would have brewed their own beer right?

you know the basic principal, you get the yeast in, the sugars in, let them do their magic at the right temperature and magic happens, it takes time - you dont want it to happen too fast, or too slow, give it a week or more to find density... ok.

so CUB call yesterday saying they have no draft at all, after a failed batch off the line - i go into panic mode, i need it, get me it...

dont panic they say, a new batch take 2 hours.

hmmm

how is this?

these guys are performing alchemy, turning water into gold in 2 hours!

how does this work/happen?

It'd be impossible to brew a batch in 24 hours if only water, hops, yeast, barley/malt were used.

When I used to homebrew it'd take approx. a week on average for the primary fermentation to complete, then once bottled I'd wait a minimum of 2 weeks before sampling my first bottle of that batch. If I had enough reserves I'd try and wait at least a month before drinking a bottle of a new batch.

You hiring?
Sorry not atm. It's important to look after my staff. I didn't want to upset them by giving them
vile beer (they would be to polite to say it was a bad brand lol). You guys r great because you're
All beer experts ;) :thumbsu: Well any footy experts too lol

Haven't been game enough to try the Carlton Pale Ale yet, or more to the point haven't really had an opportunity. It seemed to appear while I was in Europe.

Is it rubbish?

The only CUB beer I actually genuinely like is Carlton Black. Not a bad drop at all, that. Oh and Abbotsford Invalid, that goes well too. There's a theme here...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back