Food & Drink The Hangar Beer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah not sure why they have an age thing, I mean, you'd just press yes anyway wouldn't ya?

Also, it's not like alcohol advertising is age restrictive viewing

My friendly bottle shop mate put me onto this Jacobinus Dunkel last night when he saw me looking at the James Squire Porters. I've been a fan of the other 2 flavours they normally carry but they've only just got this in. Pretty impressed. Not too heavy at 4.8 and the flavour isn't so strong you can cut it with a knife which makes it reasonably easy drinking for a darker beer. Only $20 for 6 too which spells bargain!

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My friendly bottle shop mate put me onto this Jacobinus Dunkel last night when he saw me looking at the James Squire Porters. I've been a fan of the other 2 flavours they normally carry but they've only just got this in. Pretty impressed. Not too heavy at 4.8 and the flavour isn't so strong you can cut it with a knife which makes it reasonably easy drinking for a darker beer. Only $20 for 6 too which spells bargain!

images
Same importer I assume? I've found you can buy the other two through the Dan's website by the crate ($60 for 20x500!), so hopefully that pops up there sooner or later.

Last night I did something evil and wrong. I knew it was so as I was doing it but I went through with it regardless.

I had no cold beer in the fridge so went to 1st Choice to get a sexton of ale on the way home. I saw something I mostly see get trashed but it was on special, $13 for a six pack. I bought it thinking millions of people can't be wrong, surely it has to have some redeeming features.

It appears millions of people can be wrong.

The beer was.... ummm... errrr..... (how embarrassment)... Budweiser.

Shame on me.

Last night I did something evil and wrong. I knew it was so as I was doing it but I went through with it regardless.

I had no cold beer in the fridge so went to 1st Choice to get a sexton of ale on the way home. I saw something I mostly see get trashed but it was on special, $13 for a six pack. I bought it thinking millions of people can't be wrong, surely it has to have some redeeming features.

It appears millions of people can be wrong.

The beer was.... ummm... errrr..... (how embarrassment)... Budweiser.

Shame on me.

I am not shocked. This sounds EXACTLY like something you or at least several hundred others of us just like you would do Pweter

For a crisp, tasty and not at all fruit-laden beer you can drink all day, Coburg Lager really is a ripper.

Of course I also have a soft spot for it being a Coburg boy myself. But it really is very good.

For a crisp, tasty and not at all fruit-laden beer you can drink all day, Coburg Lager really is a ripper.

Of course I also have a soft spot for it being a Coburg boy myself. But it really is very good.
I have enjoyed that on many occasions down at Coburg City Oval! One of my favourite suburban grounds to watch footy at.

I have enjoyed that on many occasions down at Coburg City Oval! One of my favourite suburban grounds to watch footy at.
Yep, they were selling the tinnies of it for $5 when I went to a VFL game there once.

Sensational.

Yep, they were selling the tinnies of it for $5 when I went to a VFL game there once.

Sensational.
I remember that day. I think I had 4-5 myself that day to watch the Burgers win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back