Food & Drink The Hangar Beer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, we got a badass here!

I've had the one and two. Have you ever had the II?

It was ******* outstanding.
Nah, I'll keep an eye out for it. Saw these after you mentioned the V and swooped on them.

9 more left in the fridge ha.

Had dinner with he family after the footy last night at The Wellington Hotel in North Adelaide. They had a bar special of butchers for $2.50 on all tap beers. For those playing at home, over here a butcher glass is what we call the old 7oz glass. Turns out to be quite the bargain sitting there sipping on Coopers Celebration ale for the equivalent of $7.50 an imperial pint (actually more than an imperial pint given they are only 20oz glasses).

When drinking them I realised I probably haven't had a butcher since the days of keg parties in my late teens/very early twenties when the pub always gave you a crate of butchers (to be returned, those that weren't broken anyway) with every keg.

New pure blonde drops today,

marketed as ULTRA low carb beer... new labeling, new badging.

and..... alcohol drop - mid strength.

oh CUB did you not learn from VB?

they reckon it dosent sell either way, worth a try at a new market i guess.

70 kegs in here tomorrow - inteesting to see if they bombard the marketing

Mid Strength Pure Blonde was available at Etihad a few years ago, I seem to remember.

Pure Blonde is mediocre as is so I can't imagine the middy version being any better.

Mid Strength Pure Blonde was available at Etihad a few years ago, I seem to remember.

Pure Blonde is mediocre as is so I can't imagine the middy version being any better.

Still is, depending on the bar.

It's filth. But when your choice is that or Carlton Mid......

Of genuine mid strength beers I reckon I've had one ever that was worth drinking and I'd happily seek out again...

Little Creatures Rogers Ale.

I suppose the James Squire Constable Copper sort of qualifies too.

Actually, Coopers Mild Ale is okay too.

But apart from them- urgh.

Of genuine mid strength beers I reckon I've had one ever that was worth drinking and I'd happily seek out again...

Rogers is quality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't drink enough mid-strength since leaving the mining sector to comment (10 b4 10 ftw!) but just on the low carb beers, aren't they still full of sugar?

seems a scam anyway..

The low-carb myth is actually helping them to consume more alcohol than they would in the first place," Mr Harper said.
Low-carb beers arrived in Australia in 2004 and, with new varieties turning up every summer, they now account for almost nine per cent of the alcohol market.
Mr Harper said there were several problems with the industry's use of the term, as regular beer was "already low-carb" as it contained less than half the carbohydrates of a typical soft drink.
Low-carb beers have 0.9 to 1.9 grams of carbohydrate per 100ml, compared with about 3.1g for regular beer with soft drink up to 10g.
But it was not the carbohydrate in beer that caused the most weight gain, he said, it was alcohol and there was otherwise little difference in the alcoholic content of regular and low-carb beers.
"The more alcohol you consume the more kilojoules you consume, and so dressing it up as `low carb' really makes no sense in terms of your kilojoule consumption," Mr Harper said.
"If you want the healthier choice then a low-alcohol beer is the healthier one."
Mr Harper said the figures showed the need for tougher controls on alcohol marketing that could ban the use of "misleading" claims.
He also called on better informing consumers about "which products are higher in kilojoules or lower in kilojoules, which is far more relevant".

Had one the other night called Endeavour.

That was good.

I'll join this thread.

Over the last 5 months I've become a beer snob, I've been getting my beer from http://m.bru4ugeelong.com.au.
I use to buy James Squire beer but since I've been ordering natural beer I don't enjoy any beer with preservatives.
There are a few of these places in different cities, it well worth it imo. Not only it's all natural but instead of paying $50-60+ for a slab of craft beer, I only pay $30... It's win, win and more win.

I'll join this thread.

Over the last 5 months I've become a beer snob, I've been getting my beer from http://m.bru4ugeelong.com.au.
I use to buy James Squire beer but since I've been ordering natural beer I don't enjoy any beer with preservatives.
There are a few of these places in different cities, it well worth it imo. Not only it's all natural but instead of paying $50-60+ for a slab of craft beer, I only pay $30... It's win, win and more win.

Why not take notes from your brews made here for a period then start brewing at home? I used to home brew and from the looks of this it's quicker at home given you're still required to prepare the wort, clean/sterilise your bottles and also bottle the beer.

If I weren't so time poor these days I'd continue to home brew but alas :(

Why not take notes from your brews made here for a period then start brewing at home? I used to home brew and from the looks of this it's quicker at home given you're still required to prepare the wort, clean/sterilise your bottles and also bottle the beer.

If I weren't so time poor these days I'd continue to home brew but alas :(
Not interested in brewing my own, you hit the nail on the head "time poor"

With the bottles, once I drink one I rinse with water and put it on the dry rack. They have the sterling station there.

Me and my old man go half in each batch (3 slabs each), bottling beer together I call it quality father and son bonding time! Takes about 40mins to bottle it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back