Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Quiney needs replacing
Nope. Good opening bat, needed experience at the top with Dean, Stoinis and Handscomb the other top order players
Horrible over.

I don't understand the selections. No Finch? Agar? Coulter-Nile? Crazy.
Usman over Finch is baffling, but Coulter-Nile is our best T20 quick without Starc and Cummins

Nope. Good opening bat, needed experience at the top with Dean, Stoinis and Handscomb the other top order players

Usman over Finch is baffling, but Coulter-Nile is our best T20 quick without Starc and Cummins
NCN ahead of Hastings?

My XI would be:
Watson
Khawaja
Smith
Warner
Finch
Maxwell
Faulkner
Nevill
Marsh
Zampa
Hastings

NCN ahead of Hastings?

My XI would be:
Watson
Khawaja
Smith
Warner
Finch
Maxwell
Faulkner
Nevill
Marsh
Zampa
Hastings
I'd have both, and no Khawaja/Marsh.

Watson
Finch
Smith
Warner
Maxwell
Faulkner
Nevill
Hastings
Zampa
Coulter-Nile
Hazlewood

I'd have both, and no Khawaja/Marsh.

Watson
Finch
Smith
Warner
Maxwell
Faulkner
Nevill
Hastings
Zampa
Coulter-Nile
Hazlewood
Yeah I can agree with that team.

I think Khawaja is stiff to miss given his form, but the top 4 have been good for a long time and deserve their shot.

Yeah I can agree with that team.

I think Khawaja is stiff to miss given his form, but the top 4 have been good for a long time and deserve their shot.
Khawaja's T20I form has never been fantastic. Plus having Marsh at 9 is extremely wasteful, Haze and NCN are better bowlers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Shield final isn't a snorefest for once. Victoria 4/269 at stumps day 2, chasing 340 on first innings, Travis Dean making 111. Peter Handscomb is batting well, on 79* and if he survives the first hour I'd be surprised if he didn't make 150+.

So the Shield final isn't a snorefest for once. Victoria 4/269 at stumps day 2, chasing 340 on first innings, Travis Dean making 111. Peter Handscomb is batting well, on 79* and if he survives the first hour I'd be surprised if he didn't make 150+.

Let him get to 100 first. Conversion has never been his strong suit.

After two of five days, it is firmly game on. Need to hope we can bowl super well after making a handy 150 - 200 run first innings lead and hope to chase down 100 - 150 in the last innings.

After two of five days, it is firmly game on. Need to hope we can bowl super well after making a handy 150 - 200 run first innings lead and hope to chase down 100 - 150 in the last innings.
Not anymore really, his record at it's worst was 1-16, and now he's improved that to 6-21*. Now his problem is making them big hundreds.

*including the current half century

I firmly disagree with all of this other than it being game on.

Not anymore really, his record at it's worst was 1-16, and now he's improved that to 6-21*. Now his problem is making them big hundreds.

*including the current half century

Shows how little this season I have followed of shield cricket?

Would hope he is at the front of selectors minds when it comes to test batting positions. Although Warner/Burns/Khawaja/Smith is a tough top 4 to crack.

Shows how little this season I have followed of shield cricket?

Would hope he is at the front of selectors minds when it comes to test batting positions. Although Warner/Burns/Khawaja/Smith is a tough top 4 to crack.
I'd have Kurtis Patterson slightly ahead but otherwise I'd hope so too.

Good call. Rate Patterson well ahead of Nic Maddinson. Some rate him (Nic) highly enough, don't know about long form cricket for he or Chris Lynn for that matter
Maddo just doesn't have it between the ears. Lynn is perennially injured so can't see it for him. Heazlett and Renshaw are two to watch from up there, as well as young Jake Lehmann.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back