Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

It won't be coming back.

Both the U19s win and this one only came about because something happened that enabled the team to believe it was them vs the world, which was the pivotal part of their success for so long. These are people from lots of different countries coming together to play for one team, so as long as they have a common enemy, they have a sense of unity that allows them to play well. But it's no longer permanent. We will see some of the bigger Caribbean nations playing Test cricket, or at least be at the World Cup, in the future. But the West Indies won't be around for much longer.

Don't know where Marcus Harris fits into the Bushrangers top order. 23 - year old as an option to replace the aging Bob Quiney perhaps?
Have spoken to Bob about this actually, who goes to TAFE with me. Rates him, thinks he'll be the replacement when he (Quiney) retires at the end of the year.

Can we get Peter Handscomb in the Australian side yet?

Maybe should be in the cricket thread but wtf is it with Doug Bollinger being thrown under the bus ? He did not even bowl the ball that hit Phil .
His death still has an effect on me and I still have my bat in the window to this day but I can not help feeling the family is doing Phil a disservice by going after the NSW players like they are. It is Cricket. There will be short pitch bowling and there will be sledging. Maybe we should also ban the countries that bounced Michael Bevan out of test cricket because it was their direct intention to put the wind up him and make him uncomfortable.
What's next ? Batsmen protesting to the umpire after a short pitched ball ? Sorry ump but send him off. I do not like him bowling like that to me.

Couldn't agree more re: the Phil Hughes inquest. It was a tragic accident and the family is understandably still distraught but there's really nobody to blame so going on a witch hunt to find someone at fault does nobody any good (and is a huge waste of taxpayer money).

Maybe should be in the cricket thread but wtf is it with Doug Bollinger being thrown under the bus ? He did not even bowl the ball that hit Phil .
His death still has an effect on me and I still have my bat in the window to this day but I can not help feeling the family is doing Phil a disservice by going after the NSW players like they are. It is Cricket. There will be short pitch bowling and there will be sledging. Maybe we should also ban the countries that bounced Michael Bevan out of test cricket because it was their direct intention to put the wind up him and make him uncomfortable.
What's next ? Batsmen protesting to the umpire after a short pitched ball ? Sorry ump but send him off. I do not like him bowling like that to me.

That all makes for very uncomfortable reading and as tragic as the accident was, how could the Hughes family be around the game for so long and not understand what is a common tactic? You can't laud Flintoff's spell against him in the 2009 Ashes, yet castigate Abbott / NSW for what was essentially the same thing. Trying to pin the blame on someone for what was a freak occurence...it just doesn't seem right.

Couldn't agree more re: the Phil Hughes inquest. It was a tragic accident and the family is understandably still distraught but there's really nobody to blame so going on a witch hunt to find someone at fault does nobody any good (and is a huge waste of taxpayer money).

Coroner's inquests are valueless political stunts.

This is a reality that the inquest into the death of Phil Hughes will make clear to a broader section of the community.

eKDhWHk.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm excited but I wish that there would be a bit more variation in the Shield wickets. Make Adelaide and Sydney more like subcontinental wickets; Melbourne and Perth like the conditions you get in Aus/SA/NZ and Brisbane and Hobart like the ones in England/Ireland.

Tell you what, Kurtis Patterson may well be the next "great" Aussie bat. Averages 41 at FC level with 4 hundreds at 23 years old.

Playing a very sensible innings here to guide NSW to victory in the final too.

Tell you what, Kurtis Patterson may well be the next "great" Aussie bat. Averages 41 at FC level with 4 hundreds at 23 years old.

Playing a very sensible innings here to guide NSW to victory in the final too.
I agree. Love his cover drive

I'm usually excited about the upcoming home summer of cricket, but this year I kind of just feel ambivalent about it all.

If Australia win the toss and bat first in the first test and score 550/5 dec I will give up on the rest of the summer.
I reckon both South Africa and Pakistan will be stiff competition.

Though, no De Villiers is a huge blow for the Saffers.

Rahman on 59, Islam on 11. They've put on 15 so far. Chasing 286...
Islam isn't the worst #10 in the world iirc. If he can stay there within 10 runs Rahman should see them home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back