Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel the more serious the incident, the more space should be given. I just don't think there's much to achieve by everyone crowding around, checking on him, waving for doctors who are already making their way onto the field, giving him their best wishes, etc. That's an obvious way to express concern, but I don't think people really need to make a show of showing their concern. I think it's patently obvious that no-one wants to see a serious head injury, so just let the medical staff get on with it. Butler was at short leg so there was one player already there to assist Smith get his gear off if need be, beyond that, I don't think any player on the fielding side, including the bowler, really needs to do anything. I thought Archer was fine.

Found it a bit odd that Smith went back out to bat without a neck guard fitted to his helmet. My son said that the helmet that Smith uses may not be able to have them fitted. Surely he could use another one that has them.

I think after last night neck guards must be mandatory. Or we haven't learned anything and eventually another tragedy may happen.

People were up in arms last night about Jofra's behaviour after the incident. It was not a good look. But I will say that he is young, relatively inexperienced and it was very heated out there. After hitting Smith's arm, Smithy was taking the piss batting almost one arm and pulling and hooking Archer. Archers blood would have being boiling. We do not know what was said, what the laughter was about. Sometimes people laugh in really bad situations, it is how some react. I agree he should not have and no doubt they will address it behind closed doors and he will learn from it. How many times do we see young men in our sport of AFL make errors. Stuff happens in the battle out there.

What exactly is Ian Chappel's problem? That Stokes has batted himself into a position to win the test for his country?

All the time that twat has been complaining about slow batting the number of over chalked up by 3 quicks who are or have been fragile/on the recovery from injury has been mounting.

The quick bowling has been quite poor in the last hour. I never captained Australia but I'd say that making runs against tiring bowlers not bowling as well is easier than trying to make runs against fresh bowlers.

You tend to wonder how any of these captains won games. They must have been prescribed Ritalin or something when they played.

They're like impatient children. The Australian way seems to be a really good way to win games when you're the best side going around. It seems to be a liability if the side is anything less.

The aim is to have the test won by the end of the 5th day.

What exactly is Ian Chappel's problem? That Stokes has batted himself into a position to win the test for his country?

All the time that twat has been complaining about slow batting the number of over chalked up by 3 quicks who are or have been fragile/on the recovery from injury has been mounting.

The quick bowling has been quite poor in the last hour. I never captained Australia but I'd say that making runs against tiring bowlers not bowling as well is easier than trying to make runs against fresh bowlers.

You tend to wonder how any of these captains won games. They must have been prescribed Ritalin or something when they played.

They're like impatient children. The Australian way seems to be a really good way to win games when you're the best side going around. It seems to be a liability if the side is anything less.

The aim is to have the test won by the end of the 5th day.
The bowling inexplicably went to trash the minute they took the new ball. They went from bowling tight line and length to trying too hard for the wicket and it's backfired completely.

England will s**t it in from here.

The ball isn't doing anything now either, which is helping England as well, but there was no need to suddenly change tack when England were 165/4 and barely able to scrape a run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, Smith should not be captain. All the bandwagoners sooking that he should come back need to get their head checked.

Straight back as skipper.

Paine can go back to his cushy job as a business development manager at Kookaburra

Remove this Banner Ad

Back