Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Man, that's a strange one. when the neck pain was first reported a couple of weeks ago it was very concerning
It's alarming. I hope he recovers.

Travis Head's dismissal from ODI cricket was bizarre. Has always been better suited to the shorter formats with his difficulties outside off stump yet they keep pushing him for the longer format rather than the shorter.

Travis Head's dismissal from ODI cricket was bizarre. Has always been better suited to the shorter formats with his difficulties outside off stump yet they keep pushing him for the longer format rather than the shorter.
One of the weaker Qld bowling lineups of recent times but you still need to stay in and make the runs. Rain delay atm which you'd assume there will be a few today with showers rolling through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Victoria play, Victoria wins. Loved what I saw from Sutherland, one of the better bowling talents in Australian Cricket right now IMO.

Victoria play, Victoria wins. Loved what I saw from Sutherland, one of the better bowling talents in Australian Cricket right now IMO.
He was always so much better in every way than the juniors he came through with. I remember a trial or practice session...all the lads were catching up/ talking, and laughing etc. before it started and he was off by himself stretching and warming up. Next level professionalism as a 14 year old.

He was always so much better in every way than the juniors he came through with. I remember a trial or practice session...all the lads were catching up/ talking, and laughing etc. before it started and he was off by himself stretching and warming up. Next level professionalism as a 14 year old.
I like how he's focussed on bowling rather than becoming an all rounder early.

I like how he's focussed on bowling rather than becoming an all rounder early.
It is funny how they see something in some and it turns out to be the right call. All these talented kids are generally very good at all the disciplines...but atm he clearly is a better bowler. It was not always the case as he was equally dominant batting and I would have thought he would have been an all rounder for sure. I wonder what his practice regime is...probably more weighted towards bowling nowadays, and that is why he is successful at it.

I’ve been watching a few YouTube clips of Viv Richards today (how else would you spend a public holiday 🤷🏻‍♀️)
Stats don’t do the guy justice, we were blessed in the 80s to see him out here virtually every season playing either tests or one dayers.
Check out the 2 shots against Chappell and Thompson around the 2.25 mark 🤯

After a consensual one time thing between mature adults with someone who apparently is now being charged with theft.... 🤔

That was investigated at the time, cleared, consensual, not repeated and no formal complaint made.

I don't get it?
Look I get this is why media exists to shine light on things. But I can't help but think this is another example of nothing gained from this, there is no public interest here.
If this just happened, formal complaint and he was under investigation? Sure run your story.
Not like this.

That was investigated at the time, cleared, consensual, not repeated and no formal complaint made.

I don't get it?
Look I get this is why media exists to shine light on things. But I can't help but think this is another example of nothing gained from this, there is no public interest here.
If this just happened, formal complaint and he was under investigation? Sure run your story.
Not like this.
I dunno, it's weird. I was going off this;

FEhyeWZUcAEOSUh.jpeg

the obvious things are:

cricket tasmania should not have released that statement. the changes of theft, on the surface, have nothing to do with anything*. that's a press release that is near "essendon in the middle of the saga" levels bad. all they needed to say was the third, fourth and fifth paragraphs (*it could well turn out that there's a link between the texts and the workplace conduct, but it didn't need to be stated right now).

if paine sending a dick pic to a co-worker isn't a breach of the code of conduct, that's pretty surprising, regardless of whether it was "consensual"

and of course, the verdict from CTas that the dick pic was consensual is hardly worth placing a lot of faith in.

for someone whose subpar domestic cricket career was basically only tolerated because he was a well respected guy who impressed the right people rather than for actual cricketing reasons, and who then got a shot at test cricket for the same reason, and then given the captaincy for the same reason, this conduct is pretty clearly devastating and he should of course resign, and when the conduct was brought to CA's attention in March 2018 (i suspect after he was named captain), they clearly should have sacked him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back