Sport The Hangar Cycling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt Froome can finish on the podium. Struggling with his climbing and just going with his ITT. Have Porte a long way ahead in my rankings.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk

So Giro starts tonight. Who's going to win it? Probably Froome. At least it makes the TDF more interesting, not many go well in France after riding the Giro.

So Giro starts tonight. Who's going to win it? Probably Froome. At least it makes the TDF more interesting, not many go well in France after riding the Giro.

Yep hard to be competive in both.

Yep hard to be competive in both.
Have a feeling that he may skip TDF to avoid scrutiny with the recent stuff and go for the Giro-Vuelta double. Would make it a race in 3, Porte, Quintana and Nibali. Bardet and Yates outside chances.

Dumoulin in Pink after the first stage. Froome gave up 37 seconds to him, unsure how that happened. Yates second best placed of the contenders, 20 seconds back from Dumoulin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumoulin in Pink after the first stage. Froome gave up 37 seconds to him, unsure how that happened. Yates second best placed of the contenders, 20 seconds back from Dumoulin.
Some would say it's because he is being pretty closely watched now. Others would say it was because of the crash.

Some would say it's because he is being pretty closely watched now. Others would say it was because of the crash.
I didn't realize he crashed. Just figured he had a bad TT.

Can Yates hold that 17 seconds to Froome?

I didn't realize he crashed. Just figured he had a bad TT.

Can Yates hold that 17 seconds to Froome?
Yes he can, and then some.

With Chaves going so far back, can anybody see him going for the KOM jersey? 8 points behind Yates in it, and could be useful for Yates to have up the road.

Does anyone do around the bay in a day? First time this year, wanting to see if there’s are any good training and then nutrition program so out there.

Yates looked really really good tonight, pure bad luck to fall where he did. If Allaphilippe had cracked on the climb I reckon he'd have stayed away from the rest anyway. Tomorrow will basically be a GC stage. Expect Froome to get second on Dumoulin and Thomas unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back