Movies & TV The Hangar Film Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

72TKr63.jpg

So this is happening :D

Joe Pesci still eating?

Pesci has come out of retirement to make The Irishman with Scorsese, De Niro, Pacino, and Keitel.

Which will also make it the first Scorsese film to feature Pacino, remarkably.

I am not. Although Cardiff surely has one of the more bizarre directorial careers.
I highly recommend it. It's somewhat notorious for being (for 1968) ultra-violent, but beyond that it's quite well made and a very interesting film, culturally.

Also gave Hawks' original 1945 cut of The Big Sleep a whirl last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, where the 1947 re-work is a bit of a fizzer.

Last edited:
Pesci has come out of retirement to make The Irishman with Scorsese, De Niro, Pacino, and Keitel.

Which will also make it the first Scorsese film to feature Pacino, remarkably.
What a lineup.

I'd love for Scorsese to direct De Niro and Leonardo together in a film.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has better live up to expectations. The reviews are almost universally gushy. I’m pretty sure Peter Bradshaw needed a change of pants midway through his.

View attachment 422387
How was it?

I’m watching this in gold class next weekend.

On an unrelated note, how great was John Cazales hair? Especially when it was a bit longer in deer hunter and dog day afternoon. It kind of shimmers like a bead curtain.

How was it?

I’m watching this in gold class next weekend.

On an unrelated note, how great was John Cazales hair? Especially when it was a bit longer in deer hunter and dog day afternoon. It kind of shimmers like a bead curtain.

It comfortably met my extremely lofty expectations. It wasn't as good as the first one, but came very close. First class soundtrack, cinematography was mind blowing. Gosling was perfect for the role.

I'll definitely watch it again on the big screen.

Make sure you watch the 3 short prequels before you watch it next weekend. Blade runner 2022, 2036 and 2047.

It comfortably met my extremely lofty expectations. It wasn't as good as the first one, but came very close. First class soundtrack, cinematography was mind blowing. Gosling was perfect for the role.

I'll definitely watch it again on the big screen.

Make sure you watch the 3 short prequels before you watch it next weekend. Blade runner 2022, 2036 and 2047.
Cheers, I’ll watch those prequels.

My expectations are pretty damn high now mate haha.

Wtf was that penguin/chipmunk thing in the Falcon?!

Porg, native to the planet Luke and Rey are on.

That is the in universe lore.

Of course in the real world we know them as Merchandise $$$$$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back