Movies & TV The Hangar Film Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Deadpool is borderline atrocious. If I gave it any thought I'm sure I'd actually hate it. That a film can be successful based on 100% lampshade jokes and no technical prowess is as sad an indictment of modern entertainment as they come.

People seem to be conflating the Fox Marvel films and the Marvel Marvel films, which is understandable.

I'd rate them as follows:

Fox Marvel:

1. X2
2. X-Men: Days of Future Past
3. X-Men: First Class
4. Logan
5. The Wolverine
6. X-Men
7. X-Men: The Last Stand
8. Deadpool
9. X-Men: Apocalype
10. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Marvel Marvel:

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Iron Man Three (delicious salty nerd tears)
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
4. Thor: Ragnarok
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
6. Guardians of the Galaxy
7. Captain America: The First Avenger
8. Iron Man
9. Thor
10. The Avengers
11. Ant-Man
12. Spider-Man: Homecoming
13. Doctor Strange
14. Avengers: Age of Ultron
15. The Incredible Hulk
16. Iron Man 2
17. Thor: The Dark World
Galaxy 2 over 1?

I personally wasn't a big fan of 2. Still decent but not as good as 1

The entire point of Deadpool is dick and fart jokes. It was done brilliantly .a break from the normal super serious superhero flicks

The entire point of Deadpool is dick and fart jokes. It was done brilliantly .a break from the normal super serious superhero flicks

It's juvenile, crude and simplistic.

I *in loved it.

Deadpools Wet on Wet Teaser was one of the funniest things ive ever seen. It was Genius.

Happy Australia Day.

Because that's a real thing *laughs*...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your avatar sickens me Beerfish
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg

54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg

Galaxy 2 over 1?

I personally wasn't a big fan of 2. Still decent but not as good as 1

2 is a bit more profound, mature, deep. I'll give up the need for wall-to-wall generic action for strong conflict, and Vol. 2 provides that. What it lacks in vital energy it makes up for with a really underrated villain - one of Kurt Russell's best performances, too.

It's juvenile, crude and simplistic.

I ****in loved it.

I guess I've never understood the appeal of anything that isn't aspiring to a level of comedy that eclipses a regular conversation down at the pub. It's why I ******* hated ******* Family Guy. I do however admire the sheer amount of resource and energy that has gone into making Ryan Reynolds happen, which is an undertaking that makes the Large Hadron Collider look like a ******* milk bar by comparison.

I guess I've never understood the appeal of anything that isn't aspiring to a level of comedy that eclipses a regular conversation down at the pub. It's why I ******* hated ******* Family Guy. I do however admire the sheer amount of resource and energy that has gone into making Ryan Reynolds happen, which is an undertaking that makes the Large Hadron Collider look like a ******* milk bar by comparison.
Would it be fair to characterise your hatred for Deadpool as being informed by your apparent hatred for Ryan Reynolds?

Would it be fair to characterise your hatred for Deadpool as being informed by your apparent hatred for Ryan Reynolds?

He dated Alanis Morrisette which is weird.

no cause i don't hate him

I'm just amazed at how much effort it took to actually eventually make him a star. Most stars who come back from being box office poison already had a major win under the belt beforehand. He must just be super easy to work with. Well, except for that person who died making Deadpool 2.

no cause i don't hate him

I'm just amazed at how much effort it took to actually eventually make him a star. Most stars who come back from being box office poison already had a major win under the belt beforehand. He must just be super easy to work with. Well, except for that person who died making Deadpool 2.

Well if you believe the public version of events that he leaked the demo reel without fox's knowledge he has made himself a star.
He also came up with a lot of the promotional stuff for the movie which is really what got people interested, he has to get a lot of credit for its success either way.

What is everyone's secret shame flick?

One you wouldn't bring up at the pub?

I’ve watched Pacific Rim about 7 times and I really enjoy it despite logically knowing it’s trashy as *. I probably wouldn’t tell friends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back