Movies & TV The Hangar Film Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Joker last night. I'm still affected by it this morning. Best I've seen in a very long time. The setting wasn't contiguous with the comics though? I thought Wayne's parents were killed in the 40s, where Joker looks set in the 80s? Could have been solved with him as an unreliable narrator talking with his counsellor who never listens, maybe.

The last scene where he walks through the asylum was fantastic for its visual confusion - his own blood or the Arkham counsellor's? ...and the slapstick trope at the end of the corridor as they ran after and then away from him. Favourite supervillain ever 😁

Watched Joker last night. I'm still affected by it this morning. Best I've seen in a very long time. The setting wasn't contiguous with the comics though? I thought Wayne's parents were killed in the 40s, where Joker looks set in the 80s? Could have been solved with him as an unreliable narrator talking with his counsellor who never listens, maybe.

The last scene where he walks through the asylum was fantastic for its visual confusion - his own blood or the Arkham counsellor's? ...and the slapstick trope at the end of the corridor as they ran after and then away from him. Favourite supervillain ever 😁
I saw it 4 times at the movies. Nuff said.

FTR, the scene where he dances on the stairs to ‘rock n roll part 2’ is one of my favourite of all time.

What is it about that scene?
It’s like he finds who he really is. He was this milquetoast incel that becomes this total ******* bad ass. The music is great and so is his dancing.

He’s absolutely a bad guy, but I still cheered him on and I love when a film can do that to me.

Parasite - 10/10

Uncut Gems - 5/10

Parasite - 10/10

Uncut Gems - 5/10
Really? I'd heard nothing but good things about Uncut Gems. Haven't seen so no spoilers please.

OT:

Not sure if I mentioned it, but recently watched 12 Angry Men. Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. 10/10.

Fracture - 4/10.

Once Upon A time In Hollywood - 7.5/10

Eagerly awaiting rips for The Gentleman, Bad Boys 3, 1917 and Knives Out.

Parasite - 10/10

Uncut Gems - 5/10
Watched Uncut Gems yesterday. Most will not enjoy but I am guessing some will absolutely love it.

Felt like I had been in an argument with my ADHD kid for 2 hours!

I have done a lot of work for Jewish families and it kind of felt kind familiar..everything going at a million miles per hour...noise...deals etc.

Thought AS was pretty good in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1917 - 10/10 will win Oscars
The Gentlemen 7.5/10 - Colin Farrell is great, movie could have been better but wasn't bad
Uncut Gems 6/10 - I think everyone is raving because it's a Sandler movie that isn't a complete pile of s**t, it was a solid movie with a good ending.

Best thing I watched recently

Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 100/100

They’re showing some classic 1970s films on SBS Catchup at the moment. Chinatown, Serpico, The Conversation.

It’s all on the sbs on demand app atm. As is a great film called The Lives of Others everyone should check out.

Have never heard of the conversation. Interesting cast. Harrison Ford and Cindy Williams a year after American Graffiti. I love Gene Hackman so this is definitely going to get a watch over the weekend I think.
It’s been a while since I saw it. From what I can remember it was very well made...but pretty “heavy/dark”. So it may not be to everyone’s taste with all the gloomy stuff we are having to put up with at the moment.
Hard to believe Coppola did this, Godfather 1&2, and Apocalypse Now in the 70’s...fair run.
John Cazale is the scene stealer here (think I’ve banged on about him on these pages in the past).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back