Movies & TV The Hangar Film Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t mind the end of the world apocalyptic movies.

Greenland with Gerard Butler is a pretty blood good effort at the comet apocalypse concept.

Focuses just as much on the personal stories as it does on the end of the world. The ending was a bit meh tbh but the previous 97% was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearts of Darkness - a behind the scenes look at the making of Apocalypse Now is on SBS catch-up until the end of September.

*animal cruelty warning around 1.05-10 and 1.26 hour mark

Hearts Of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse streaming now on SBS On DemandView attachment 1237691
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/326241859923/hearts-of-darkness-a-filmmakers-apocalypse
This is really good. Life well and truly imitating art. I found it interesting because the making of the film mimics the themes of the book/ film as as they go further down the river/ get further into making the film. Lack of restraint leading to downfall etc.

Hearts of Darkness - a behind the scenes look at the making of Apocalypse Now is on SBS catch-up until the end of September.

*animal cruelty warning around 1.05-10 and 1.26 hour mark

Hearts Of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse streaming now on SBS On DemandView attachment 1237691
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/326241859923/hearts-of-darkness-a-filmmakers-apocalypse
Always wanted to watch this. Might be a good way to spend a Saturday arvo in lockdown

Watching the trilogy on SBS this month has reminded me that Al Pacino was better than Marlon Brando in The Godfather.
His acting in parts I & II is as good as anything I have seen.
Should have got the Oscar for best actor in both films but was only nominated for best supporting in part I and lost in part II🤯

I don’t normally post anything in here but Top Gun:Maverick is genuinely ****ing incredible, do yourself a favour, I implore you.

100% agree. If you haven't seen the first one in a while (or at all) then definitely watch that beforehand as well.

I don’t normally post anything in here but Top Gun:Maverick is genuinely ****ing incredible, do yourself a favour, I implore you.
I want to go watch it again but my fiancé doesn’t want to 😞

Just go by yourself.
Going to the cinema by yourself is the BEST!!!
Once you start doing it you will want to go by yourself all the time (Which makes it awkward when you tell the fiancé you are going to see a film and you don’t invite them)
I’ll probably just go with a mate 🤣

But I get what you’re saying. In reality, you absolutely don’t need to be with other people to see a movie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back