Food & Drink The Hangar Food Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha!
I despise sultanas, currants, raisins in anything, anything at all. Including hot cross buns.
I hate pineapple on pizza or in curry. In fact I have a real thing about fruit being cooked into savoury food. Except tomatoes, which I know are a fruit.
But, otherwise, get your gaddam fruit away from my food!

And do not get me started on bananas.
Me too.

Apparently pineapple curry goes alright. I've seen a couple of recipes online and in books, and Jamie Oliver made one on one of his shows from his younger days. I've never made one though, gotta give the man meat!
Sliced banana is very nice in curry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to do a Moroccan chicken breast on a bed of couscous that was flavoured with cut up dates, peas and finely chopped red onion, chilli and mint drizzled with lemon juice. Sooo good.

email me that now

Banana banana. I saw it on a cooking show once and tried it, it adds a little sweetness to the curry, though i make my curries very mild. I've heard of people using pear or apple too though Ive not tried it personally.

This s**t is the bomb (unless you don't like pumpkin or sunflower seeds or are gluten intolerant etc).

View attachment 396632

I have a sneaking suspicion they bake crack into it because I can't stop eating it. Toasted with butter or as a toasted sandwich.. omg.
Lawsons or get the * out.

5E5DC383-2534-413E-8638-0CFE9FF70F2F-12871-000011431BC9B9D3.jpeg

Doesn't fit in my toaster.

Trust me. Try the pumpkin bread.
okay I will. It's a fine sandwich bread but my issue with Abbotts is it does not take kindly to a spreading after toasting. It breaks apart too easily. And i am not a vigorous spreader. I am gentle.

Good for reheating Pizza. I put some foil on the crusts, give it a few minutes (about 5-7 , can vary depending on the pizza itself). Very quick makes the pizza crispy again, had it around 160C too hot and I find it cooks/dries it out a little too much
Tried this last night. ******* brilliant. I even kept a bit of cheesy garlic bread to try and it came out better than when it was fresh. 3 minutes at 200°. Perfectly crispy. Magic!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back