Technology The Hangar Gadget Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Discuss all gadgets here!

Personally a bit of an iSheep (okay, a lot of an iSheep), so curious about the new iPhone/Apple Watch... but whatever gadgets you prefer should fit right in.

So for starters, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch Series 2, related software upgrades...

What is the point of an Apple Watch exactly? Anyone here use a smartwatch of any variety?

This thread has not gotten enough love.

I've had a Fitbit Surge for about 18 months.

Loved the functionality but the design was SHITHOUSE. The strap is a crappy rubber that inevitably breaks, and is not easily replaceable.

Wife had a fitbit pulse. Strap isn't replaceable and when it went (as they do) we found the model was discontinued, i think due to it claiming to have a heart rate monitor feature that was faulty.

I'd got her that model because it had in-built GPS, as far as I'm aware to get that in a fitbit now we need to buy the ionic model, which is dearer again.

When i seen this thread i immediately thought of the show gadget man.

Thanks for the info. Have you actually seen either of them first hand though?

I have looked into it on the Choice website (well worth the money to be a member imo btw) and both of those sound familiar and I think were on my list. The thing that put me off with the Epson, if it's the same one, was it's 11kg! Not sure I'm comfortable with that hanging from the roof. The other consideration is it's not just for gaming. It's the main 'tv' as well.

Ill quote you here, as its drifting away from gaming.

https://www.bigpicturepeople.com.au/
Im lucky enough to have these guys 25mins down the road. they have 6-7 rooms set up with the projectors that you can see how they look, perform and sound with different sound systems and differently lit or sized rooms.

Epson is huge, you are right, the thing is a monster, 11kgs seems high but I don't know the figures so you may be right on that one. These guys do all the installation so you trust the work I guess.

Input lag was important for me due to wanting to game on it too (like I said online FPS was my thing) but if you aren't after that it may open up some of your options.

Ill quote you here, as its drifting away from gaming.

https://www.bigpicturepeople.com.au/
Im lucky enough to have these guys 25mins down the road. they have 6-7 rooms set up with the projectors that you can see how they look, perform and sound with different sound systems and differently lit or sized rooms.

Epson is huge, you are right, the thing is a monster, 11kgs seems high but I don't know the figures so you may be right on that one. These guys do all the installation so you trust the work I guess.

Input lag was important for me due to wanting to game on it too (like I said online FPS was my thing) but if you aren't after that it may open up some of your options.
You're right. You are lucky!

So I assume you're saying you've seen both the projectors you recommended in action?

You're right. You are lucky!

So I assume you're saying you've seen both the projectors you recommended in action?

Yep, I was determined to see them before I made a decision.

You may want to try Harvey Norman, I've been to two of their stores and both showed off the Epson. Because it is the entry level 4k and consumers are getting more interested in it I've found that one has been displayed a bit. Obviously you probably wont buy from there but its a good thing to see in action.

Yep, I was determined to see them before I made a decision.

You may want to try Harvey Norman, I've been to two of their stores and both showed off the Epson. Because it is the entry level 4k and consumers are getting more interested in it I've found that one has been displayed a bit. Obviously you probably wont buy from there but its a good thing to see in action.
So, having seen both yourself, which one were you leaning towards if any?

So, having seen both yourself, which one were you leaning towards if any?

Oh Sorry, yeah I was going the Epson, purely for the 4k pixel shift.

This thread has not gotten enough love.
ha. I remember posting it and thinking... if it gets love it does, if not, meh.

Discuss all gadgets here!

Personally a bit of an iSheep (okay, a lot of an iSheep), so curious about the new iPhone/Apple Watch... but whatever gadgets you prefer should fit right in.

So for starters, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch Series 2, related software upgrades...

What is the point of an Apple Watch exactly? Anyone here use a smartwatch of any variety?
And I did get an iPhone 7plus. Haven't looked back.

AppleWatch is still on the agenda, I think it'll be helpful in my line of work because I can keep up with important stuff without being "on my phone".

The longer I wait the better the technology gets and the more affordable the wearables become :)

Wife had a fitbit pulse. Strap isn't replaceable and when it went (as they do) we found the model was discontinued, i think due to it claiming to have a heart rate monitor feature that was faulty.

I'd got her that model because it had in-built GPS, as far as I'm aware to get that in a fitbit now we need to buy the ionic model, which is dearer again.

When i seen this thread i immediately thought of the show gadget man.
Aren't there any third party repair joints or anything like that?

ha. I remember posting it and thinking... if it gets love it does, if not, meh.

And I did get an iPhone 7plus. Haven't looked back.

AppleWatch is still on the agenda, I think it'll be helpful in my line of work because I can keep up with important stuff without being "on my phone".

The longer I wait the better the technology gets and the more affordable the wearables become :)

Aren't there any third party repair joints or anything like that?
I'm not sure, you'd have to think it could be done, but the fact they didn't make replacement bands and dealt with the problem (prior to discontinue) by replacing the entire fitbit makes me think it could be difficult to find.

I'm not sure, you'd have to think it could be done, but the fact they didn't make replacement bands and dealt with the problem (prior to discontinue) by replacing the entire fitbit makes me think it could be difficult to find.
Possibly. Bit dodgy really. I think you can get custom bands for applewatch, but they're designed to be interchangeable. Like you can buy proper spare bands, I think some even come with two. They're going for the 'fashion accessory' type thing, use a silicone one for going to the gym, a leather one for work and a fancy gold/silver one when you go out somewhere nice sorta thing.

If it is at all possible to change them then there is probably someone who does it cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back