Random The hangar gambling thread - responsibly

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyhow I got on happy clapper for the epsom @38$ a month or 2 ago, reckon it's a moral now.. also got redkirk warrior @36$ for the Everest...pleasee get a start.

Sometimes those futures can really pay off.

Ay scezza

Probably says more about me than anything else but I was a hay list lover, remember that time he gapped black caviar? Barreling down the straight 4 or 5 clear... I was having conniptions! Then Nellie just when whhhomp..

That's what today felt like in replay.

I'll never bet against a people's champ again.

I am such a rookie when it comes to horse racing I basically don't bother.

How long does it take to build a wealth of knowledge such that you can take a form guide and disect to give yourself half a chance, and where do you go to build that foundation of knowledge from?

I'm considering starting from here, then doing paper bets, then eventually if i have a clue I'll go real bets. Like Racheal Hunter said, it won't hippen overnight but it will hippen.

I wasn't brought up in a horse racing family, and my mates and I are drunken punters who have nothing to base our bets on. I enjoy racing, I just don't know how to give myself a chance.

I am such a rookie when it comes to horse racing I basically don't bother.

How long does it take to build a wealth of knowledge such that you can take a form guide and disect to give yourself half a chance, and where do you go to build that foundation of knowledge from?

I'm considering starting from here, then doing paper bets, then eventually if i have a clue I'll go real bets. Like Racheal Hunter said, it won't hippen overnight but it will hippen.

I wasn't brought up in a horse racing family, and my mates and I are drunken punters who have nothing to base our bets on. I enjoy racing, I just don't know how to give myself a chance.

I spent ages early days just watching, seeing the same horse names every few weeks you got to know them... Then as the years go by you see the same races on the calender each year and start to pick up the varying prepararions certain trainers take their horses along to get to the big ones. You start to get a hunch for what type of horse wins what and your eyes kinda get trained to look not only at winners but for the good runs behind the winner for the coming weeks to put in your black book.

And you start to get your fav runners, some go well after a break, some warm into a prep, some like certsin tracks...guess it all sticks in the mind.

But on a small scale I guess you can look at the horses in a race, look back at their previous few starts and try to match up the form lines, see who is going well. Maybe 3 or 4 of them came out of a stronger race? Maybe one beat a horse last start who came out and brained them yesterday? Maybe a few are starting off a new prep but are aiming for bigger distances later? Maybe one was horrible last start but had excuses? Can usually eliminate a few right away and start narrowing down like that.

I'm only a mug myself...just a bit if fun but feels good when you (think) you have done the form and you nail one that the bookies didn't see

Hey folks, can we get our equine ppl together in here? Try nab a few winners amongst us!

Spring is here, Ive been having a fair run at it these past few weeks but tomorrow is the real start. The first stacked card... Anyone got anything? Any thoughts? Bet of the day? Value ?

Let's get some discussion going.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Always reckon Caulfield is a leaders track so all my form is slanted according...

Aloft probably gets the dream run in the Herbert Power, Ive also got a soft spot for boom time which I've followed, have a futures bet in the 20s. Curious on wall of fire, hard to line up the International form but they are making confident noises...

Alizee should be a moral in the 1000 guineas, only concern first time Caulfield and this way round. Shoals is a beauty but i reckon mintha could be the blow out, hit the line pretty hard behind houtzen, looking for this trip maybe.

I like Showtime and gold standard in the guineas at double figure odds.. reckon they will be hard to chase down. Think catchy lacks early pace and gets swallowed back on the fence, royal symphony the obvious danger... last run was better than it looked on leaders track, looking for Derby runs from eclair sunshine, salsamor and levendi.

I hate myself but I'm backing Tom Melbourne in the Toorak! Last last last chance.

Should get a nice run one back and hopefully kick on the straight and swallow theanswermyfriend.

The Everest not really a betting race, be a fun watch

Ive got a futures bet from months back for redkirk warrior at 39s, I'll just watch and hope. Anyone's race really?

Ok thats my mug opinion

Anyone having a nibble tomorrow?

Hey folks, can we get our equine ppl together in here? Try nab a few winners amongst us!

Spring is here, Ive been having a fair run at it these past few weeks but tomorrow is the real start. The first stacked card... Anyone got anything? Any thoughts? Bet of the day? Value ?

Let's get some discussion going.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Always reckon Caulfield is a leaders track so all my form is slanted according...

Aloft probably gets the dream run in the Herbert Power, Ive also got a soft spot for boom time which I've followed, have a futures bet in the 20s. Curious on wall of fire, hard to line up the International form but they are making confident noises...

Alizee should be a moral in the 1000 guineas, only concern first time Caulfield and this way round. Shoals is a beauty but i reckon mintha could be the blow out, hit the line pretty hard behind houtzen, looking for this trip maybe.

I like Showtime and gold standard in the guineas at double figure odds.. reckon they will be hard to chase down. Think catchy lacks early pace and gets swallowed back on the fence, royal symphony the obvious danger... last run was better than it looked on leaders track, looking for Derby runs from eclair sunshine, salsamor and levendi.

I hate myself but I'm backing Tom Melbourne in the Toorak! Last last last chance.

Should get a nice run one back and hopefully kick on the straight and swallow theanswermyfriend.

The Everest not really a betting race, be a fun watch

Ive got a futures bet from months back for redkirk warrior at 39s, I'll just watch and hope. Anyone's race really?

Ok thats my mug opinion

Anyone having a nibble tomorrow?
I'd love to talk the talk but I've gotten no further than where I was when I asked a couple of questions a month or 2 back.

Looks like this spring I'll need to go with any horse with any slight reference to, or something that can be interperated as, grog in it's name. I probably had a better strike rate with that back in the day than I did pretending I knew what I was on about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without blowing my (flakey) scheme out the water... Ive nailed it 3 times now in the past decade

I reckon Caulfield is always a leaders bias track, plus has a short home straight... Hard for backmarkers to make ground, not to mention getting caught in traffic anyway..

I usually choose 4 pace setters who are drawn well, the favorite, and a couple of inform feather weights... Box them up.

Seems to work pretty well

This track and rail will get Winx beat!!

That's how bad it is
A champion like Winx doesn’t worry about arbitrary things like tracks and rails!

Reckon Winx will get spelled after this.

Now the real fun begins at HQ. At least there won't be the stupid track bias that there has been at caulified and the valley.

Looking forward to my viewing from the member lawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back