Random The hangar gambling thread - responsibly

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon the quaddue pretty gettable at randwick, Could nearly anchor tarzino exosphere winx Into field... But I like a couple of others in there just incase

Tarzino/ Exosphere Flamberge Chataqua/ winx azkadelia/throw a blanket over the last.

Morning gents,

Great win by essendon on weekend - was genuinely happy for them.

Anyway I had a stellar weekend on punt but obviously bit busy to post to here!

My surfing tip won (but he got done in the final to a goofy footer!!)

To today:

NHL
Minnesota Wild WIN
NBA
Utah Jazz WIN (game started late post)

$100 @ 1.96

Morning gents,

Great win by essendon on weekend - was genuinely happy for them.

Anyway I had a stellar weekend on punt but obviously bit busy to post to here!

My surfing tip won (but he got done in the final to a goofy footer!!)

To today:

NHL
Minnesota Wild WIN
NBA
Utah Jazz WIN (game started late post)

$100 @ 1.96

I'm stepping away from the NBA until playoffs, it's too hard to predict much this late in the season unless betting on teams fighting for the last couple of spots.

Good luck though

I'm stepping away from the NBA until playoffs, it's too hard to predict much this late in the season unless betting on teams fighting for the last couple of spots.

Good luck though

Agree - but in this case Jazz are fighting for a playoff spot and Suns could use a few losses for draft picks.

Agree - but in this case Jazz are fighting for a playoff spot and Suns could use a few losses for draft picks.
Time also plays a part in me not betting NBA at present. More research is needed at this time of year, so unless I can get rid of the kids for a couple of weeks I think I'll be sitting back observing.

im starting to think betting in a salary cap competition is futile - might have to go back to the big soccer leagues
Try your hand at VFL betting. It's pretty easy to predict and you get good odds on several sides.

im starting to think betting in a salary cap competition is futile - might have to go back to the big soccer leagues
I can't bet with any success on soccer, the prevalence of draws throws me out I think. Footy though, it's fairly predictable and the line is your friend, you just need to be patient and wait for favourable odds. If the odds are right, even a reasonable strike rate will see you lose money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't bet with any success on soccer, the prevalence of draws throws me out I think. Footy though, it's fairly predictable and the line is your friend, you just need to be patient and wait for favourable odds. If the odds are right, even a reasonable strike rate will see you lose money.

One of the hardest things to get used to is betting on the + line. Betting on a team knowing they can lose but you potentially still win messes with the mind until you've managed to have a couple come through.

cmon - ess paying $10 1-39?

i know we have had our issues but port are just going... and they are missing atleast 6 top liners and cruical role players (Wingard, Schulz, Hartett, Carlsile, Ryder, Monfries)

Are we actually missing that many more than that?

its a two horse race - these odds astound me.

couldnt help it!

the way i see it - its a dumb bet and will probably go down, granted. But $10 in a 2 horse race againt a struggling team with key injuries and a currently clueless coach - makes life interesting - even if we have a good first half and they offer cash out, ill take it.

The other thing is, bookies are still buying into the Essendon dooms day scenario - wont win a game, will get flogged week in week out. So according to this scenario they are offring odds never before seen on afl games, stupid odds.

It will only be a week or two until they realise, hey they are actually no worse than your regular Carlton or Brisbane and wind the odds back to your $4.

Wont see $10 again thats for sure. Thats why i took it. $10 - ill forgo three coffees to make the night a little more fun.

heres another theory i have.

everybody does footy tipping right? or has done in their time - work tippng, family tipping, whatever.

and everybody bags a 9 at least once a year - even the flukers, its like ten pin bowling, even your rank amatuer flukes a strike once a game (especially with bumpers :p)

i dont think ive ever gone a year without a max week.

so with that in mind i reckon its prudent to back your tips each week with a 9 legger - $1 on it.

Do it every week and you are down for $23

only takes that one week and you already have your money back at minimum... (Your average 9 legger with odds ranging from 1.20 - 1.80 goes around 20s) plus then you have 22 other weeks to gain your profits.

Going a 4-part multi this week:

Rory Sloane 25 touches or more
Brisbane +56.5
Gold Coast -31.5
St. Kilda +14.5

$17.34 total, $5 stake.

Probably not enough love for a team punters club yet, try in a few months when pweter is cashed up after a big win.

See Marcus Harris walked out on wa for the vics?
Yep. Terrible decision by Victoria.

Took a day - im back on salary cap betting.

Ess + 46.5 (very generous)
Freo +20.5 (think Ross goes back to basics, suffocates this game - wce mentally scarred)
Stk +10.5 (Coll just going, Stk ready to win)
Ade - (look winners over stuttering Richmond)

paying $12.28

Same great value in line betting this weekend

AFL
Essendon +60.5 @1.45
Sydney -4.5 @1.44
Freo +37.5 @1.40
Brisbane +72.5 @1.35

NRL
Rabbits -3.5 @1.66
Cowboys +3.5 @1.45

Don't mind these horses at Randwick on Saturday
R7 - 4.Libran @4.20
R8 - 3.Azkadellia @3.60
R9 - 5.The United States @4.20

probably made the stupidest bet of my career today...

with a carlton mate - whoever finishes lower on the ladder has to have their facebook profile pic of themselves wearing the opposite teams jumper FOR A YEAR.

it sickens me to think id have to don the navy blue.... worse than losing money.. a whole year!

lucky for me Carlton are a worse rabble than us...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back