Random The hangar gambling thread - responsibly

Remove this Banner Ad

The Everest is clearly a contrived plastic event designed to take a bit of lime light of the Melbourne carnival, but I reckon the set up of it, the 12 runners, the slots ect lent itself to a bit of punter edge, I decided a long way out we punters could take advantage here, particularly with sportsbet who are offering refund if runner does not get a slot.

I considered this a free hit and set about putting $10 on a whole raft of horses I thought might be a chance to grab a slot, (some at ludicrous odds) I was hoping to grab the race by the balls so on race day I could sit back and know I couldn't lose... (the punters dream)

The key to said plan was try get on runners only paying $12 or more, this way my max outlay would be $120, so if the shortest got home at $12, its at least even money back. This was going ok, the odds were fluctuating wildy week to week, Redzel for eg was a $5 fav, then blew out to $9.50 after one race...

Anyhow I didn't quite manage to get on the whole field, because some didn't blow out enough, but ive gone close

Home of the brave @ $101 (now $15)
Vidorra @101 (now $13)
Le Romain @ $51 (now $21)
Graff @51 (now $15)
Vega Magic @$26 (now $7)
Shoals @17 (now $9.50)
US Navy flag @$13 (now $11)
Santa ana lane @$17 (now $7.50)
Brave smash - no bet (13)
Redzel - no bet (8.00)
In her time - no bet (8.00)
Trapeze artist - no bet (7.50)

anyhow, i'm due a refund of $50 on race morning, from a few non slot gainers (invincible star @101, ball of muscle @101, jungle cat @71 ect ect)

Figure ill just put the $50 evenly across the final 4 horses ($12 on each) and hope one of my longer shots gets home!

It seems like it will be a heavy track, plus the position of the rail might make it hard to make ground, I could see home of the brave going wire to wire... anyhow, we wait and hope.

Any other horse, and it's done.

My mates where potting her for value and thought big show should have just cleared her off the track at the 300

I backed youngerstar for a place, so I wasn't complaining

The ride took huge balls to be fair!! like we know ideally she doesn't end back there locked away on the fence in a slow run race, but there was only one way she could win from that spot and that's to ride for luck and wait for an opening, if he was any less brave he probably tries to round the field and comes up short...

I had a feeling pre race that this was her big test and bowman maybe dosent ride Flemington so well..

I put a dollar on every other horse just for fun... Trap for fools had me upright for a few moments ;)

Reckon tully was the hidden run, ill be ready next start if up in trip a touch...

I reckon she's getable in the Cox plate

Just a feeling

ive got a similar vibe but I always do, im like the guy that shot bambi ;)

she did have a good blow post win but is that slow run race the best platform going forward?

I reckon humidor is a valley horse, likes to lay in, sucks round that track and nearly got her last year but I reckon there is a sleeper.

Benbatl is the highest rated international to ever come to Australia, can still get $30 for it in the cox plate...

Might be wise to have a little nibble before it potentially blows them away in the Caulfield stakes this week , its $21 into $5.50

yeh nah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

had a little nibble on best solution a few months back at big odds for the cc and the mc so that was a nice little fill up, but I reckon there is one going under the radar

Duretto, has form around best solutuion in Europe, only beaten half a head with 60kg, wants the trip, good 4th in the cc off unsuitable tempo, meets best solution 4kg better off.. was a bit of a flashing light run yet is $21 yet best soloution is 13 and cliffsofmoher 15. hmmm

still think winx is gettable baz_machine ?

benbatl? maybe an old fashioned godolphin team riding session? avillius to come over the top?

Had a good derby day, but made a huge error. 2 mates and I chipped in $25 each for the quaddie and I totally overlooked one of his selections (best of days) and of course we hit the rest. 6k payout (2k each)... Sigh

This is what happens when you do the selections six beers in.

Did just say farrrk it, boxed the five selections we had in the last in the trifecta which got up for $600... But still

My mates weren't too bothered as one for what ever reason threw 100 EW on divine intervention @ 31 in the last

Remove this Banner Ad

Back