Movies & TV The Hangar Game of Thrones Thread **SEASON 8 SPOILERS**

It really shouldn't take long considering Jamie is presumably on his way over there, unless he detours somewhere or something. I'm not sure we'll even see them finding out on screen, seems more likely it's a plot device to get Jamie finally sick of her.
Tyrion has experience with sellsword companies in the books, so he might relish the opportunity to steal one from Cersei, which gives them more manpower against the WW. Although the Golden Company will turn tail and run when they catch sight of a Walker anyway. Bronn could have told her as much if Jerome Flynn were allowed anywhere near Lena Headey.

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
Tyrion has experience with sellsword companies in the books, so he might relish the opportunity to steal one from Cersei, which gives them more manpower against the WW. Although the Golden Company will turn tail and run when they catch sight of a Walker anyway. Bronn could have told her as much if Jerome Flynn were allowed anywhere near Lena Headey.
Yeah that was a funny little thing with Bronn leading them all in and then just going off to a brothel or whatever with Podrick before Cersei and co came because they don't want to be near each other.

Yeah that was a funny little thing with Bronn leading them all in and then just going off to a brothel or whatever with Podrick before Cersei and co came because they don't want to be near each other.
Yep haha. I didn't realise it at the time but I read it somewhere afterwards. You think they could be professional enough to stand on opposite sides of the dais and just have no speaking parts with one another? Also not sure what Bronn is going to do now he can't speak to Cersei and didn't leave with Jaime. :S They should do Christmas specials or mini-series over the season break of the adventures of Bronn, Brienne, Pod and the Hound making their way north or something :joycat:

Another little thing that you might not have noticed is Theon washing his face with sea water. It's not exactly drowning and being revived, but it's a hat tip to the baptismal rite of the ironborn that follow the Drowned God.

Max Headroom

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2014
Off with the fairies
AFL Club
Essendon
I wouldn't advocate for it in real life, but anything as far away as first cousins is alive and encouraged in the real world regardless of what I think. I'm pretty sure there was an episode of Insight about it a few years ago. The show only really did Cersei and Jaime and the Targaryens but there's a lot of cousin marriages among all families in Westeros. What the Targs do is ripped straight from real life Ancient Egypt. Originally the books had Jon ending up with Arya which is a first cousin that grew up as siblings (very early draft but still Jon as a son of Lyanna) - to me that's worse than an aunt/nephew that grew up as strangers. As far as Daenerys is concerned it's an improvement on marrying her brother I suppose.

I think the writers have hinted at Jon's parentage reveal and incest becoming a major issue in their relationship next season. Yay relationship problems! Just what the show needs... I guess we'll end up with him either claiming the throne and losing her or keeping his parentage a secret and losing the throne but getting the girl or some such tragic nonsense. Personally I think the show should have him die for the cause and then Dany finds out she's pregnant and rules as either conqueror or regent for Jon's son until he's of age. Sounds like the perfect fanfic ending to me.
I think she'll be fine with it because she's been conditioned to think it's ok.

He on the other hand I think will break it off, regardless of whether he claims his heritage.

I'm sure it will all be very sad and tragic.:(

I think she'll be fine with it because she's been conditioned to think it's ok.

He on the other hand I think will break it off, regardless of whether he claims his heritage.

I'm sure it will all be very sad and tragic.:(
He might learn to lie after all, if he knows and she doesn't. I don't think he's against lies of omission exactly. Only the honourable-ness of keeping his word. Like he would never father a bastard, and Robb married Jeyne because he deflowered her and did the honourable thing (presumably of his own accord, given I think a Lannister bannerman would be unlikely to force the enemy to marry his daughter). Jaime might know a thing or two about conflicting vows, come to think of it. Probably not so much about the morality of incest though. Jon will have one hell of a moral dilemma there if there's a baby and they're not married before he finds out.

It just occurred to me how ridiculous Jon's family tree now is, even though none of it is new information.

Aerys burned Rickard and Brandon alive, that's one grandfather burning the other (and Jon's uncle) alive. Drogo killed Viserys, one uncle by marriage burning another uncle to death. The dude who was to marry his half sister had his other uncle executed. And Maester Aemon turns out to be his great grand uncle (and brother to the previous Aegon Targaryen).

That's before you even get to the incest.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
http://www.avclub.com/a-scene-explaining-one-of-game-of-thrones-most-baffling-1798632257

“We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Bran’s door and says, ‘I need your help,’ or something along those lines,” Isaac Hampstead-Wright, who plays Bran on the show, says. “So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and she’s like, ‘Oh, s**t.’”

So, basically, Arya really did intend to kill Sansa, but changed her mind when Sansa offered up Littlefinger’s throat for the slitting instead. And Bran knew, because he knows everything, but wasn’t going to say anything until Sansa asked. And the show meant to explain all of this, but cut it in favor of Jon Snow’s butt. Silver linings, we guess.

incredulous.gif

I feel like "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" is applicable here, in about ten different ways including ironically.

Sansa/Arya/Littlefinger, meeting in the Dragon Pit, and the Wall behind the scenes and writer opinion.

Also this one:

At the end he mentions Jaime could become a battle commander for the Daenerys/Jon armies, explaining why Jaime had to win a few battles for Cersei before abandoning her (as well as for the effect of showing Cersei not being an easybeat), Daario possibly coming back with the Golden Company (what was his sellsword company in the show? I think he was a Second Son in the books).

Also the scene Daenerys saw in the house of the undying with Rhaegar saying "his name is Aegon and his is the song of ice and fire" might possibly have been Lyanna and Jon, and Daenerys thinks it's Elia and Elia's son Aegon because she wouldn't have known what Elia looked like and they both had dark hair. Still doesn't make sense if Rhaegar named both of his sons Aegon though, and as far as we know Rhaegar died before Ned went to King's Landing, before the Lannisters presented Elia's dead children, and before he then went to get Lyanna and go back north.

I suppose it's possible that the Mountain killed Elia's children before Rhaegar died at the Trident? I guess we might get another flashback if we're lucky of Rhaegar hearing that his children with Elia were killed and going after Robert, although that doesn't make sense given House Clegane is sworn to the Lannisters, and the Lannisters were on the Targaryen side until Rhaegar died and hope was lost with him.

Last edited:
Golden Company coming to Westeros "for Cersei":

It's interesting that he says the Golden Company may defect to Daenerys. I'm not sure what they can necessarily achieve in the space of 6 episodes, but it would be interesting if they defected to Jon rather than Dany, as a Targ in his own right, as they do when they tried to join up with Daenerys and ended up supporting Young Griff/fAegon the books.

None of them look like good candidates to rule Westeros in the show, but all three of Dany, fAegon and Jon were on leadership arcs in the books. If they're merging fAegon/Jon though then it could at least make the show more interesting.

I heard somewhere that the HBO wants more episodes but the producers (and probably the actors) want to move on to other things so they're trying to wrap it up really quick. If that's true that's pretty sad, given they were complete fanbois about ASOIAF when they approached GRRM for the rights, and now they don't even want to do it the justice of finishing it properly.

If true, I would also expect that it all just wraps in a neat little perfect TV trope package, GC defects to Daenerys, they win the war, kill Cersei and live happily ever after. Or maybe they just all die and the Night King wins, "because it's Game of Thrones" and it has to be sadistic with gratuitous sex and death scenes.

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
Tyrion is essentially the moral compass of the story at this point, can only see him crossing Dany if she does something big to warrant it
I feel like y'all just overlooked the easiest 'betrayal': Tyrion simply doesn't tell Dany that Cersei is pregnant, but Dany finds out and Dany is mad at Tyrion coz Tyrion was all "my queen you have no future heirs what are yr plans" and gets paranoid that Tyrion is plotting to put the kid on the throne but Tyrion isn't because Tyrion himself said Cersei/Jamie had beaten the odds in terms of children so far (2 good 1 bad) and he's probably not got a massive urge to risk another bad one getting the throne and then CCTV Bran solves the day or something lame because Cersei isn't pregnant anyway

"Game of Thrones creator George R.R. Martin has some ideas for Melbourne's new train stations
Winter is coming again. The express train to Winterfell, however, is delayed due to a signal fault."
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/g...-new-train-stations-20170911-gyf0wv.html?btis
<3 hahaha Nice of him to take an interest. So CBD North might be Winterfell... even though winter never really comes to Melbourne. I like the Slim Dusty reference at the end too :3

Honestly there could be worse names for train stations...

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Golden Company coming to Westeros "for Cersei":
Or maybe they just all die and the Night King wins, "because it's Game of Thrones" and it has to be sadistic with gratuitous sex and death scenes.

:eek: You want this don't you?:D

Thanks for putting us all onto this guys reviews on youtube. They're awesome.

This looks sick, can't wait to watch the whole thing

That's the one with Viserys narrating it isn't it? About old Valyria and the Targs leaving...

Apparently there are five or six prequel things that they're working on, and the best one will start airing after the last season of GoT. Hopefully there are a few of them though, I want to see the dance of the dragons. No D&D on any of them though, apparently they've moved on to other projects.

That's the one with Viserys narrating it isn't it? About old Valyria and the Targs leaving...

Apparently there are five or six prequel things that they're working on, and the best one will start airing after the last season of GoT. Hopefully there are a few of them though, I want to see the dance of the dragons. No D&D on any of them though, apparently they've moved on to other projects.

That's the one. Apparently they won't touch dunk and egg because Gurm doesn't want them to get past the source material again and Robert's rebellion has pretty much been fleshed out too much already so I reckon the first Dance of Dragons is almost certainly one.

That's the one. Apparently they won't touch dunk and egg because Gurm doesn't want them to get past the source material again and Robert's rebellion has pretty much been fleshed out too much already so I reckon the first Dance of Dragons is almost certainly one.
I'd love to see Dunk and Egg. Those books are really good, a lot easier to read than the main series. Obviously not before GRRM's finished writing it though :p If there's one thing the main series has taught us, it's that no one writes ASOIAF better than GRRM. Dunk and Egg would be more family friendly too, although if they go all Game of Thrones blood and gore with the trial by combat (7 vs 7) then maybe not.

I looked at it but reading reviews it was pay constantly or perish so I didn't bother.
Haha I started playing in pre-launch (before there were reviews).

And yes, it is pay constantly or perish. The most recent event gives you points for buying packs :tearsofjoy: One guy I know ploughed in $2500 for an upgrade.... Basically a black hole for your hard-earned. It’s also buggy as * and they don’t do anything about it, you lose all the resources you just bought because of a bug and they do nothing to help and the bugs never get fixed either.

Apple refunds are pretty efficient though. :thumbsu:

Is that similar to The Walking Dead game? My wife has been playing that for years. She's in some group or something and has to hit weekly targets or she'll be dumped. I can't understand how you wouldn't get bored with it. It just looks like the same thing over and over and over again.

Back