The Hangar Gaming Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I never had a 64. I had an Atari 2600. I had to bludge off my mates who had 64/128 units. One friend had a particularly bad temper and went through numerous datasets via violence when the tapes didn't load properly. Watching him lose his s**t was almost as entertaining as playing the game itself.
There were cartridges too. I reckon we may have had soccer which was as bad as you can imagine, Wizard of War on cartridge and a bunch of other games that would take 30 minutes (that is no exaggeration) to load on the data-set. We then discovered "turbo tapes" which would be tapes chock full of games that would take 10 or 12 on the data-set counter which in data-set terms was amazing.

There were cartridges too. I reckon we may have had soccer which was as bad as you can imagine, Wizard of War on cartridge and a bunch of other games that would take 30 minutes (that is no exaggeration) to load on the data-set. We then discovered "turbo tapes" which would be tapes chock full of games that would take 10 or 12 on the data-set counter which in data-set terms was amazing.
Yeah it's funny but none of my friends ever had cartridges. It was the tapes and then later the good old 5 1/4".

Games have come a long way. That looks pretty cool.

Im very interested to see how they have done the crowds.
To have that many people on a full day night schedule seems seriously impressive

Would have to be a contender for GOAT.

I still give that title to Ocarina of Time, but, happy to admit that nostalgia and bias play a big part in that.

It is such a good game though, I'm really enjoying exploring and doing things at my own pace. So many things to do and the graphics are amazing.

Only just finished finding the four gunslingers. Haven't really done many main quests since coming to Valentine.

I still give that title to Ocarina of Time, but, happy to admit that nostalgia and bias play a big part in that.

It is such a good game though, I'm really enjoying exploring and doing things at my own pace. So many things to do and the graphics are amazing.

Only just finished finding the four gunslingers. Haven't really done many main quests since coming to Valentine.
Yeah just imo. I'm torn between not wanting the game to progress and finishing the main story so I can just take my time with the rest of it. You kinda have to keep doing the main story to unlock stuff though. Just started chapter 3 yesterday.

Man work is dragging today....

Yeah just imo. I'm torn between not wanting the game to progress and finishing the main story so I can just take my time with the rest of it. You kinda have to keep doing the main story to unlock stuff though. Just started chapter 3 yesterday.

Man work is dragging today....

Still on chapter 2, went home at lunch (only 4 minute drive haha) and played ... just gone into Blackwater to rescue Sean. Went to start the mission but had to go back to work :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still on chapter 2, went home at lunch (only 4 minute drive haha) and played ... just gone into Blackwater to rescue Sean. Went to start the mission but had to go back to work :(
I still haven't gone back to see Micah. Guy is a campaigner and the reason I have $280 bounty on my head. Wondering if it'll affect the game if I don't do it soon though given I'm on the next chapter now. Game is so deep it's incredible.

I still haven't gone back to see Micah. Guy is a campaigner and the reason I have $280 bounty on my head. Wondering if it'll affect the game if I don't do it soon though given I'm on the next chapter now. Game is so deep it's incredible.

$280! Crap, the most I had was $10 ... I'm a goody two shoes though, or, I just dump the bodies somewhere nobody can see them haha.

It's unavoidable as it's part of a mission unfortunately.. one you obviously haven't done yet so I will stfu.

Ahh I think my husband just did that one, he has a $300 bounty haha.

Curses, I don't want a bounty :p

Me either but having said that it hasn't been a real drama yet.. which is lucky as i don't think I'll be able to afford to pay it off for some time.

Do you guys share a console?

Yep, it's been fairly annoying as you can imagine. We usually do 2 - 3 hour blocks then swap over :tearsofjoy:

It's a goddamned masterpiece. On Chapter VI.
Wow you must be caning through it. Doing the side stuff later or just not sleeping much?

I finished fully upgrading the camp outside Rhodes tonight. Kitted myself out with a bandolier and gun belt and spent 10 minutes picking out some spurs. Disappointed they don't jangle when I walk though. Would have had a bath too but no darn vacancies at the hotel.

Wow you must be caning through it. Doing the side stuff later or just not sleeping much?

I finished fully upgrading the camp outside Rhodes tonight. Kitted myself out with a bandolier and gun belt and spent 10 minutes picking out some spurs. Disappointed they don't jangle when I walk though. Would have had a bath too but no darn vacancies at the hotel.

Not sleeping much and any remains of a social life on hold. Doing side missions but not much hunting or crafting.

I love that it feels like Arthur is based on The Duke (while John Marston was more like Clint)

Was doing a mission last night, snuck up to a house and was meant to press L2 to peer into the window, well I pressed R2 instead and shot the window and alerted everyone that I was there. Real clever stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back