The Hangar Gaming Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope, but I ran into someone hanging from a tree, I shot the rope and these ******* scary ass dead things came out of nowhere and started attacking me. The one hanging had a note on him saying these "night folk" were following him or something.

Nope, but I ran into someone hanging from a tree, I shot the rope and these ******* scary ass dead things came out of nowhere and started attacking me. The one hanging had a note on him saying these "night folk" were following him or something.
Thems the Murfree Clan!! DO NOT chase them into the woods.

When I was out camping I'd just settled into to crafting some arrows and incendiary slugs when out of nowhere two of them turned up at my camp.
The game went into a cut scene with the two of them asking me if I mind them sitting with me for a bit. They then go on to tell me this here land's the Murfree Broods and they tell me to watch myself.

Thems the Murfree Clan!! DO NOT chase them into the woods.

When I was out camping I'd just settled into to crafting some arrows and incendiary slugs when out of nowhere two of them turned up at my camp.
The game went into a cut scene with the two of them asking me if I mind them sitting with me for a bit. They then go on to tell me this here land's the Murfree Broods and they tell me to watch myself.

Oh so they aren't dead, that is good as I hate supernatural stuff haha.

I ended up shooting them all, but that is good to know! I won't tell my husband though cause that will be funny :p

Also, not sure if anyone else is aware of this but has anyone seen the ghost yet?? I s**t my pants!!!

Yep. May be something more to it!

I went out and bought an xbox one s as they have come down in price and I told my little bloke we would set up the old one and for the life of me can't find any of the cords, controllers etc after we moved out and then back into my house. Reading back I am assuming that you guys are referring to the new Red Dead game and am assuming that it is a good one. Is the new Falllout any good? I was tossing up between RDR2 and Fallout 78 as my "when I finally get the kids down and my wife is watching the Kardashians' game when I have a chance to play myself.

I went out and bought an xbox one s as they have come down in price and I told my little bloke we would set up the old one and for the life of me can't find any of the cords, controllers etc after we moved out and then back into my house. Reading back I am assuming that you guys are referring to the new Red Dead game and am assuming that it is a good one. Is the new Falllout any good? I was tossing up between RDR2 and Fallout 78 as my "when I finally get the kids down and my wife is watching the Kardashians' game when I have a chance to play myself.
RDR2 is really great - there’s a s**t load to do and it is relatively easy to slip in for an hour or so, but I’d suggest you invest in a whole heap of box sets for your wife’s viewing pleasure.

RDR2 is really great - there’s a s**t load to do and it is relatively easy to slip in for an hour or so, but I’d suggest you invest in a whole heap of box sets for your wife’s viewing pleasure.
I did like the first RD but did not quite finish it despite getting pretty close. Breaking in the horses gave me the shits and I could not do it when it got a bit more difficult towards the end. Reading through the last few posts, sounds like there is a lot of horse stuff!

I wouldn't touch Fallout 76, seems to be a complete disaster.

So the overwhelming verdict for RDR2 is positive here I'm guessing? Sort of skimmed posts but didn't want to read too much as I'm trying to keep myself in the dark before I play it. Might as well make the plunge when I'm done with Spider-Man.

So the overwhelming verdict for RDR2 is positive here I'm guessing? Sort of skimmed posts but didn't want to read too much as I'm trying to keep myself in the dark before I play it. Might as well make the plunge when I'm done with Spider-Man.
That's a shame because the previous one was a cracker. I clocked about 60 hours before the thing glitched on me as I was getting close to the end. Really immersive.

I did like the first RD but did not quite finish it despite getting pretty close. Breaking in the horses gave me the shits and I could not do it when it got a bit more difficult towards the end. Reading through the last few posts, sounds like there is a lot of horse stuff!
You can mess around with horses if that floats your boat, but it’s not really a key part of the game. You can’t really fast travel so there is a bit of riding involved, but there is always a lot of distractions on the way. it’s a great life lesson really - it’s not about the destination, it’s about the memories and friendships you make along the way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I kicked Spider Man to the curb as soon as rdr2 was released. Was starting to bore the s**t out of me anyway.
Plus one for rdr2. As Drummer said the comments for FO76 don't seem very positive for the most part and it's not the same kind of game as the others anyway. It's more aimed at online collaborative from what I can tell.

Shame you got an xbox1. You could have joined our posse when rdronline launches if you had a ps4.

I kicked Spider Man to the curb as soon as rdr2 was released. Was starting to bore the s**t out of me anyway.Plus one for rdr2. As Drummer said the comments for FO76 don't seem very positive for the most part and it's not the same kind of game as the others anyway. It's more aimed at online collaborative from what I can tell.

Shame you got an xbox1. You could have joined our posse when rdronline launches if you had a ps4.
I’m almost tempted to get one to be part of that

I went out and bought Transformer’s Devestation because my kids saw the YouTube child sensation, Ryan, playing it.

Anyone who was a child of the 80’s/ 90’s will appreciate the Transformers as they originally were with the original voices, sound effects etc. I quite enjoyed playing it with my eldest son who is now 6 (and better than me) as it was trip down memory lane.

Still haven’t played RDRD2 and do not have the time to immerse myself given my current workload.

I went out and bought Transformer’s Devestation because my kids saw the YouTube child sensation, Ryan, playing it.

Anyone who was a child of the 80’s/ 90’s will appreciate the Transformers as they originally were with the original voices, sound effects etc. I quite enjoyed playing it with my eldest son who is now 6 (and better than me) as it was trip down memory lane.

Still haven’t played RDRD2 and do not have the time to immerse myself given my current workload.
I finished it a few weeks ago. Haven't even played it this last week. Not sure whether to go back to it or go back to No Mans Sky.

I sold the table game a couple of weeks ago too. Made our original investment back so it felt good karmawise. The guy who bought it was from down south and collects them. He said he had 50 machines in his house at one stage.. mindblowing. Also said he had an original double dragon machine with papers that had come from the mancave of one Kerry Stokes.

How is that 500 in one arcade thingy going that you bought? Still working? Get much use?

I finished it a few weeks ago. Haven't even played it this last week. Not sure whether to go back to it or go back to No Mans Sky.

I sold the table game a couple of weeks ago too. Made our original investment back so it felt good karmawise. The guy who bought it was from down south and collects them. He said he had 50 machines in his house at one stage.. mindblowing. Also said he had an original double dragon machine with papers that had come from the mancave of one Kerry Stokes.

How is that 500 in one arcade thingy going that you bought? Still working? Get much use?
50! Far out, that is more than most Timezones would have had.

My kids are more interested in the Xbox right now but the arcade thingy was working fine. I just can’t get onto it! I can’t remember how much I paid but it wasn’t a lot and reckon you would like it. I was very happy with it.

Was wondering if this would be the right place for it but for whatever reason ive started to get back into collecting Pokemon cards, i think its a combination of nostalgia and also finding out recently that my best mate also started collecting them again so its now something to have in common with him. I remember back in Primary school when everything pokemon and especially the cards where all the rage, i remember them getting banned from school because one of my rare cards was stolen and i complained haha

It was an insane feeling opening up some cards that where based of the original set way back when and i must say i got a huge smile on my face pulling this card.
1549232509562.png

And now watch while i slowly descend into madness spending a stupid amount of money on silly cards haha so does anyone here still collect or play any card games even to this day? Doesnt have to be pokemon either.

Have you tried to check how much those cards are worth now?
I don't have them anymore. :huh:

I actually have afl cards from one or two seasons about 10 years ago that a mate and I started collecting for shits and giggles. Not sure what they're worth. Have a full set of Star Wars widescreen cards that came out around the time of the re released 4 5 and 6 episodes back in the late 90’s but I don't think they're worth much.

Incidentally though while talking about what things are worth just last week I sold my childhood Han Solo blaster via ebay auction. Some clown paid $182 for it. :D

D_P_S my brother was great at collecting cards. He had a full set of gen 1 Pokémon and also Oddbodz. Does anyone remember them? There were special cards that had a black area you could rub to reveal a secret. They were fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back