The Hangar Gaming Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mario Tennis and Super Smash Bros on the other hand haven't aged a day.

I do miss Goldeneye antics though. Epic 1v1 battles over the Golden Gun in Archives, camping in the toilets in Facility with the magnum, hilariously ineffective circle-strafing with the Klobb...

I do miss Goldeneye antics though. Epic 1v1 battles over the Golden Gun in Archives, camping in the toilets in Facility with the magnum, hilariously ineffective circle-strafing with the Klobb...

Setting the mines off when the scientists walk over them and watch them go flying. You are right though, the facility was the best place to get up to mischief.

Mario Kart battle at block fort course is still awesome. Why the hell couldn't the new mario karts create dedicated battle courses like this? Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, waverace, paper mario, bad fur day, zelda ocarina and majora etc all still highly enjoyable classic games. Sure the graphics aren't as good but the games themselves are still wonderful.

I don't think they really know what to do with Battle Mode, but it's not a big issue, because MK8 is superb anyway.
It is superb, but it would be even better. Simple courses like block fort, online or local multiplayer with same rules. Wouldn't be that hard to do and if they did it would be awesome. I never race multiplayer on the 64 anymore, always battle. Splatoon has kinda filled that battle need for me now though, seriously addictive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon everyone probably has their ultimate game era when they got into a particular game so much that nothing has ever compared since...

I've always been pretty much into fifa and played every year religiously, had a full on hard core Sumner playing total club manager around 03 that was pretty epic but I think the game for me and my mates that brings back the most fond memories was unreal tournament.

We'd lug our computers round a mates place every Friday nite, hook up the lan and play non stop til Sunday , every one had their strong maps and weak maps, everyone had their particular tactics, I'm not ashamed to say I used to camp in facing worlds with the sniper rifle zoomed in on the respawn point down the back corner..... But there's only so many monster kills you can score before someone notices the shot firing from the darkness and drives the nuke directly at you..

I used to love the flac cannon personally but my.mates were way better than me, while I was hopping about lobbing flacs they were strafing and telefraging and things that required more than two buttons...

I was the only invert mouse user so when I'd hit the toilet they would always change it on me....mongrels.

Reckon everyone probably has their ultimate game era when they got into a particular game so much that nothing has ever compared since...

I've always been pretty much into fifa and played every year religiously, had a full on hard core Sumner playing total club manager around 03 that was pretty epic but I think the game for me and my mates that brings back the most fond memories was unreal tournament.

We'd lug our computers round a mates place every Friday nite, hook up the lan and play non stop til Sunday , every one had their strong maps and weak maps, everyone had their particular tactics, I'm not ashamed to say I used to camp in facing worlds with the sniper rifle zoomed in on the respawn point down the back corner..... But there's only so many monster kills you can score before someone notices the shot firing from the darkness and drives the nuke directly at you..

I used to love the flac cannon personally but my.mates were way better than me, while I was hopping about lobbing flacs they were strafing and telefraging and things that required more than two buttons...

I was the only invert mouse user so when I'd hit the toilet they would always change it on me....mongrels.
You just described my whole 2002.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back