Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
tumblr_lzt2t8BpwB1qmn7l3o1_500.png
tumblr_lzvraqqGdm1qercxjo4_r2_250.gif

Re: Random Chat Thread XXXVI - CAUTION: Thread has been Weaponised

Canucks will win the Stanley Cup tbh

It's gonna be insanely hard just to get there. If LA can sneak in I really don't want to play anyone except for maybe San Jose and Phoneix. And even then

I think the stuff we did on deadline day has made us stronger, cause while Cody hodgson was s**t on the defence - and on the 3rd line you need to be able to do that - he nailed big goals, and now we have no-one on the 3rd or 4th we can rely on to score goals just like last season. We've improved the squad a bit from last year, but we haven't made any big changes to how we play. And I suppose we were only one game from winning it last season, and we were going up against a goalie who was having the best season by a goalie ever, so why change much, but I still worry

A lot of people believe that LA can be a dangerous 8th seed team, but I don't see it - at the moment at least. While Carter has definitely relieved pressure from the Brown-Kopitar-Williams line I'm still cautious about whether we can score 2+ goals a game. I suppose it will be easier to make an assessment on whether it's a permanent change once the regular season is over.

St. Louis could knock off Vancouver, though.

Our defence has only got stronger with the Voynov replacing JJ. Voynov will be good if he isn't already.

I'm worried if our offence doesn't start clicking that Quick will end up leaving. However, Bernier would be a good replacement if so.

looking at capgeek, he's in line for what a 3million rise? Sojust get rid of Penner...You should be fine. Doubt he'll walk. Or maybe the Flyers will make a move
weekes.gif

Looking forward to witnessing the Cory Schneider sweepstakes. We'll take two first round picks and your best prospect thanks

Simmonds for Penner tbh

You'd think the Lightning would make a strong move for Schneider. They were rumoured to be interested before the deadline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the teams Edmonton would probably make the best offer but unless it's absolutely insane there's no way we'd do it. Lightning in pole 'cause they're in the east. Given the uncertainty over re-arrangement I'm sure we'll stick with just those eastern teams.

If we're getting two first round picks we won't take a prospect in reality. We def be after a right handed top 4 defender because Salo will likely be retiring, and even if he goes around one more time I'd rather we have good back up cause I mean he got bit by the one dangerous Finnish snake ffs. But then TB doesn't have anything there either. So I dunno know. It'll be fun what happens. And if we win the Cup I don't care who we get.

First time I had seen that. I have been missing out by not watching hockey.

I'm mad that I have missed out of Crosby and Ovechkin.

I have Game Centre Live so I could probably watch old games.

Really strange game. One of our best attacking efforts for the year. Raymond finally got moved from the 2nd line to the 4th, and Kassian got two points and about 10 hits and really most of the lines were good. But it was our worst defensive effort for awhile. Lu stuffed up on the first goal, but there was nothing he could do on the other two, terrible defence and good shots. One of the better loses to suffer. I'm much more worried about our attack than our defence so I don't mind a rare bad night there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back