Health & Fitness The Hangar Meat Head Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumpity bump.

Started going to the gym on the weekend, and after not doing any exercise whatsoever for a decent 6 months, I'm still feeling the effects.

Is there any other way of getting rid of the pain felt in your muscles and joints after a decent workout? Or just time?

I think I may have overloaded myself too early, and I'm paying for it today.

Was going at 90kg for 3 sets at 8 reps.

My lower back hates me.

Tense dem glutes!
Might have to start that anyway, a weird looking older fella brushed his hand along my arse whilst I was doing squats today.

Times like this I wish that the decent looking girls went to the weights area of the gym and strayed from the f**king treadmills.

May as well start up with my fitness related stuff again. Started a routine now, will see how we go.

Today's chest/back day, so...

- Benchpress, 3 sets @ 10 reps
- Decline benchpress, 3 sets @ 12 reps
- Incline dumbell press (can't handle the barbell yet), 3 sets at 8 reps
- Cable Flies, 3 sets at 12 reps, 50kg
- Pec Dec Machine, 3 sets, both in and out, 10 reps
- Lateral Pulldowns, 3 sets, both in front of head and behind, 70kg
- Rows, 3 sets, 10 reps, 89kg
- Deadlifts, 100kg, 10 reps for 3 sets

Not necessarily in that order, but hey, see if it works.

Using C4 for a pre-workout, Optimum 100% Whey Gold (2 scoops with 5g creatine) after the workout, and a scoop of HGH (ohoho Weapon) before bed, 40 mins after my casein.

Generally trying to stick with chicken/veggies/brown rice for lunches and dinners, but it's boring as sh*t. Going to have to start baking chicken pieces drenched in hot sauce, because buffalo wings are rad.

Back and chest in the same session? How many days a week do you get to the gym? And what are you doing on the other days? Also, I do my deadlifts on my legs day and give ateast 2 days between back and legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back and chest in the same session? How many days a week do you get to the gym? And what are you doing on the other days? Also, I do my deadlifts on my legs day and give ateast 2 days between back and legs.
Usually would, but I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to just work chest. Added in some horizontal flys for good measure.

I go 5 days a week, generally give myself the weekend off so I can socialize a bit and go to the footy. I skipped deadlifts today, might end up doing them on Wednesday, which is back day. I try to focus more on my lower back with my deadlifts, and work my quads more with squats on legs day, which is Friday.

Usually would, but I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to just work chest. Added in some horizontal flys for good measure.

I go 5 days a week, generally give myself the weekend off so I can socialize a bit and go to the footy. I skipped deadlifts today, might end up doing them on Wednesday, which is back day. I try to focus more on my lower back with my deadlifts, and work my quads more with squats on legs day, which is Friday.

I'd be very interested to know what you actually train on days 1-5 and what kind of results you are getting. I also go 5 days a week in the cycle of training im doing after having 2 months off traveling*read drinking heavily* and ive gone back to my favorite routine of 1 body group a day with a few extra sessions of cardio when i can. The idea your getting the most amount of time for muscle recovery.

I'd be very interested to know what you actually train on days 1-5 and what kind of results you are getting. I also go 5 days a week in the cycle of training im doing after having 2 months off traveling*read drinking heavily* and ive gone back to my favorite routine of 1 body group a day with a few extra sessions of cardio when i can. The idea your getting the most amount of time for muscle recovery.
Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Arms
Day 3: Legs and Abs
Day 4: Back and shoulders
Day 5: Pretty much redoing the stuff that I didn't quite nail during the week
Have a kick of the footy after chest day, and back day. Usually go for about 45 minutes.

The weekend is crucial. I've taken it upon myself not to drink anymore because I made some pretty dumb decisions last time, so I guess that will help too...

Yeah, my routine is much the same with a few day switched around. You just threw me off with the chest and back on the same day in the initial post. My biggest problem at the moment is the 20 beers i have on a friday and saturday night respectively, problem only for the rig i might add. Diet and routine is as tight as a nuns during the week, im just getting a bit excited come the weekend.

Yeah, my routine is much the same with a few day switched around. You just threw me off with the chest and back on the same day in the initial post. My biggest problem at the moment is the 20 beers i have on a friday and saturday night respectively, problem only for the rig i might add. Diet and routine is as tight as a nuns during the week, im just getting a bit excited come the weekend.
Hahaha can't blame you. Usually enjoy a few brews, but just can't fathom it at the moment unfortunately.

How much longer until you're off rehab exercises?

ps. i would have jumped off a building by this stage.. so congrats on your sanity..

Ongoing spine/hip issues, basically.

Had 12 months out of the game. Lost pretty much everything.
That would make a lot of sense. Hope you can get back into it fully soon mate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back