Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Around $150, might be able to hunt around and find it a tad cheaper, but many more things higher up the list.

That said, anyone find it cheap, give us a hoy! ;)

Also if anyone is after buying stuff second hand, give discogs a shot first, brilliant for hard to find stuff and usually with great prices.

Lack of Led Zep in here. I am disappoint. And fwiw, Oddysey #5 is a brilliant album. Best Aussie one ever? Maybe not, but it's in my top ten favourite albums of all time. My Happiness is one of my favourite songs ever as well. On a completely different topic; Meat Loaf is touring. Hell Yeah!

Jane's Addiction have announced they will be releasing a new album, 'The Great Escape' in September this year. It's their 4th studio album and first since 2003. They reformed last year for a world wide tour and smash Australia to pieces with at all their sold out shows, including (imo of course) being the highlight of Soundwave 2010 trumping Faith No More! Farrell is simply amazing! Anyone else excited about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Escape_Artist

[youtube]TNH57uvOcU8[/youtube]

[youtube]bz6k2aWwVYU[/youtube]

To avoid further complaints in other threads.

So, "Greatest Australian album of all time" is Odyssey No 5, is it? :confused:

I'll be honest though, I still love Frogstomp. It was our answer to Nevermind.

I have to agree. Frogstomp was/is brilliant. Everything else Silverchair/Daniel Johns released since then hasn't been able to compete. I liked Freak Show but ...yeah nah.

I was listening to Frogstomp just then, probably the first time since the 90s and I definitely wouldn't have had a problem with it being numero uno.

Frogstomp is a pretty mediocre almum, imo. I mean, It's good for a couple of 15-16 year olds but pretty average overall.

Daniel Johns has even stated that he gets embarrassed when he listens to it.

Their later stuff is 10 times better, both musically and lyrically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lack of Led Zep in here. I am disappoint. And fwiw, Oddysey #5 is a brilliant album. Best Aussie one ever? Maybe not, but it's in my top ten favourite albums of all time. My Happiness is one of my favourite songs ever as well. On a completely different topic; Meat Loaf is touring. Hell Yeah!

Approach with caution...

His 2004 shows were great but he struggled at times with his singing. I caught one of his BatIII shows in London (2008) and it was terrible. Just didn't have the big notes anymore and could only get out a few lines before getting puffed. Probably should have given up the touring a while back.

My favourite Top 5 Aussie albums:

DivinylsDesperate.jpg

renee_front.jpg

Starfish_album.jpg

412WDK61TVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

58099199.jpg

Approach with caution...

His 2004 shows were great but he struggled at times with his singing. I caught one of his BatIII shows in London (2008) and it was terrible. Just didn't have the big notes anymore and could only get out a few lines before getting puffed. Probably should have given up the touring a while back.
I need to see him once in my life.

This s**t is incredible! Makes me want to by a Novation Launchpad. This guy is quality, would totally rock out to a mash up set like this. His personal productions and remixes are tight too, heavy Daft Punk influence, get on it!

[youtube]lTx3G6h2xyA[/youtube]

Tracklist

Alphabeat - Boyfriend
Alphabeat - Fascination
Bag Raiders - Shooting Stars
Black Eyed Peas - Gotta Feeling
Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time
Capsule - Can I Have A Word
Chromeo - Momma's Boy
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Daft Punk - Aerodynamic
Daft Punk - Around The World
Deadmau5 - Raise Your Weapon (Madeon Remix)
Deadmau5 - Right This Second
Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed
ELO - Mr. Blue Sky
Girls Aloud - Biology
Gorillaz - Dare
Gossip - Heavy Cross (Fred Falke Remix)
Gwen Stefani - What You Waitin For (Jacques Lu Cont Mix)
Housse de Racket - Oh Yeah
Justice - DVNO
Justice - Phantom Part II
Katy Perry - One Of The Boys
Ke$ha - Take It Off
Kylie Minogue - Wow
Lady Gaga - Alejandro
Linkin Park - Crawling
Madonna - Hung Up
Martin Solveig ft. Dragonette - Boys and Girls
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
Nero - Me and You
One Republic - All The Right Moves (Danger Remix)
One-T - Magic Key
Ratatat - Shempi
Solange - I Decided (Freemasons Remix)
Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
The Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star
The Killers - Losing Touch
The Who - Baba O'Riley (SebastiAn Remix)
Yelle - Que Veux Tu (Madeon Remix)

Made with FL Studio & Ableton Live, played on a Novation Launchpad & Novation Zero SL MKII.

Just depends on what you prefer, obviously.

I think Frogstomp's by far their best album.

Absolutely, Whomb. Totally subjective.

Having said this, from a technical view point Young Modern is far superior than Frogstomp.

So glad they went independant for YM. Allowed DJ to really show his artistic flair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back