Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good question, I think I’d go for “Something”. Harrison classic.
The new mix sounds pretty nice too.

Beatle George was writing some amazing songs at that time.
I think Elvis Costello said he loved that you can whistle along to all of his melodies (huge compliment).
Have you watched the Martin Scorsese doco on him??

Beatle George was writing some amazing songs at that time.
I think Elvis Costello said he loved that you can whistle along to all of his melodies (huge compliment).
Have you watched the Martin Scorsese doco on him??

Yes my next favourite from Abbey Road was his too, “Here comes the sun”
I kinda forgot about that doco, so I’ll have to try and track it down.
There’s more time to watch stuff in the off season. :)

Saw S&M2 last night at the theatres with the old man, not as good as the first obviously but a few nice surprises with an old St Anger song that’s actually done decently and a great tribute to Cliff Burton.

Yes my next favourite from Abbey Road was his too, “Here comes the sun”
I kinda forgot about that doco, so I’ll have to try and track it down.
There’s more time to watch stuff in the off season. :)
Here comes the sun is in my top 5 songs of all time, but I also love ‘The End’.
It’s a bittersweet sentimental thing being the last song all four recorded together, and it’s a good philosophy to live by.

Here comes the sun is in my top 5 songs of all time, but I also love ‘The End’.
It’s a bittersweet sentimental thing being the last song all four recorded together, and it’s a good philosophy to live by.
Here Comes The Sun is such a good song, even better after you hear how Ringo figured out how to do his bit of the track.

Here Comes The Sun is such a good song, even better after you hear how Ringo figured out how to do his bit of the track.

Thanks for reminding me about this documentary, it was fantastic. I watched it over a couple of nights cos it’s pretty long.
George became my favourite Beatle when I found out that he personally financed “Life of Brian”. It mentions it in the doco, he mortgaged his house to do it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GUMBLETRON did I show you Altin Gun? Another Turkish psych/funk band. Seems to be popular atm

Dead video now but I think this was the latest album and I didn't really feel it at the time. Still don't particularly, but pushed back to the debut and it's very solid.

Dead video now but I think this was the latest album and I didn't really feel it at the time. Still don't particularly, but pushed back to the debut and it's very solid.

Yeah the debut is a lot better.

I caved and got KISS tickets tonight. Not my KISS and all but I realise it will absolutely be the last chance I'll ever have to see any form of it.

I saw them on the Revenge tour in the mid 90s. They weren't back in their makeup at that point but they did put on a hell of a show.

Here's the other end of their career from what you'll be seeing. Look at them though, playing a little dive bar in front of a handful of people with the same energy and intensity as they would a few short years later to packed out arenas across the globe.

Saw S&M2 last night at the theatres with the old man, not as good as the first obviously but a few nice surprises with an old St Anger song that’s actually done decently and a great tribute to Cliff Burton.

Had to settle for s&m2 at theater myself after they cancelled the October gig which we had front section tix for. Sad times. My mates and i ended up getting blind at a mini golf bar outside the theatre and missing half of it 🙄

I saw them on the Revenge tour in the mid 90s. They weren't back in their makeup at that point but they did put on a hell of a show.
I wanted to ask you more about this at the time but couldn't. So that would've been Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer yeah? I presume it was a big venue. There were actually a few pretty good songs on that album. Did they still play all the cool stuff? Given that they weren't in the make up was the show as, I don't know how to put it, visually spectacular?

I kind of sold wifey on the premise that it would be a fantastic piece of theatre even if she didn't dig the music (which she doesn't.. except Shandi and a couple of songs off Dynasty). I'm just hoping she doesn't try and use it as leverage to try and get me to go to some ******* musical. I hate musicals.

I wanted to ask you more about this at the time but couldn't. So that would've been Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer yeah? I presume it was a big venue. There were actually a few pretty good songs on that album. Did they still play all the cool stuff? Given that they weren't in the make up was the show as, I don't know how to put it, visually spectacular?

I kind of sold wifey on the premise that it would be a fantastic piece of theatre even if she didn't dig the music (which she doesn't.. except Shandi and a couple of songs off Dynasty). I'm just hoping she doesn't try and use it as leverage to try and get me to go to some ******* musical. I hate musicals.
Yeah, that's the album. They essentially do the same type of show whether they're in makeup or not, just that the makeup gives a better theatrical spectacle. Maybe Gene goes a little more nuts in makeup but Paul is exactly the same.

They did quite a few songs off Revenge but certainly dug into their back catalogue with songs like Deuce and Detroit Rock City. Their Alive III album was recorded on that tour and is indicative of what I saw (at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back