Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not familiar with the Explorer so I did a search.
That looks wild!
It was kind of a dream guitar for me when I was 17 because James Hetfield played one and I thought it looked ******* mean. :$ Never thought I'd actually own one though let alone so cheaply. The glossy mahogany neck feels amazing but the bigarse pointy bit under the right arm feels weird. I keep trying to reflexively rest my arm on it.. no chance.

Fantastic, I had a quick listen, will have a proper listen later.
I see you have some very nice Empress pedals now!
The Zoia is mental!! You can make songs with it standalone 😂

if I had to choose only one though, it’d be the echo system. You can run two delay engines at a time and it also has a nice reverb in it anyway.

yo here is a collection of my music hardware jams

Had a proper listen, fantastic.
My favourite was the one in the second half with the vocals.
More Avalanches vibes again, and also a bit of DJ Shadow with the drums and funk guitar. Great!
I liked that little synth with the touch pads too, never seen one of those.

Had a proper listen, fantastic.
My favourite was the one in the second half with the vocals.
More Avalanches vibes again, and also a bit of DJ Shadow with the drums and funk guitar. Great!
I liked that little synth with the touch pads too, never seen one of those.
Cheers!
That’s the Elmyra which was a DIY kit. The ratio of easiness/satisfaction is off the charts.

I managed to fart out an album made entirely with pocket operators. Essentially they are tiny music devices, smaller than a calculator.

It's about a day at school and the trials and tribulations of that. It's mostly samplified hip hop beats with some other electronic goodies in there. Someone told me it reminded them of early avalanches.

You can download it for a buck or just stream it over bandcamp. If you really just want a copy for your phone or whatever and cbf paying, just PM me! ENjoy!

Great work!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure im stuck in the 90s but the recent influx of my favorite band alice in chains covers after they won the award the other day has got me back into a familiar wormhole on youtube. It really is amazing the spread of genres they influenced and i guess in the end they straddled many themselves, sure 'grunge' was a little depressing but it still had that punk type of do it yourself angst, AIC were even too dark and dank and depressing for grunge i reckon, probably more akin to metal yet probably not quite there for sound. Just a unique package really.

But I usually get sad when I see early facelift stuff, Layne looked full of life, then you slowly saw it all get the better of him, til he was a shell of a human, but its his voice that i probably underrated at the time, just the effortless power. On my youtube tangent i came across a bunch of covers of would - on the surface it seems a fairly easy song to master, but nobody could actually sing it - and we are talking luminaries of the genre here, James Hetfield, Phil Anselmo, Corey Taylor, Michael Akerfeldt, Robb Flynn - even korn came out from the woodwork to have a crack this week... all of them, for all their respective powers and talents couldn't nail the Stayley part and that's even without the harmonizing with jerry.

It kinda makes me respect the talent Layne had more, even when he was broken and drug-addled, with no teeth he could still bust out this song on pure muscle memory and blow it away.

But I usually get sad when I see early facelift stuff, Layne looked full of life, then you slowly saw it all get the better of him, til he was a shell of a human, but its his voice that i probably underrated at the time, just the effortless power. On my youtube tangent i came across a bunch of covers of would - on the surface it seems a fairly easy song to master, but nobody could actually sing it - and we are talking luminaries of the genre here, James Hetfield, Phil Anselmo, Corey Taylor, Michael Akerfeldt, Robb Flynn - even korn came out from the woodwork to have a crack this week... all of them, for all their respective powers and talents couldn't nail the Stayley part and that's even without the harmonizing with jerry.

Robb Flynn did a cover of it? I must find this, I need a good Monday morning laugh.

Someone who has a timbre like Layne has is just so hard to cover in general though, it's so distinctive and hard to remove from your head when it comes from someone else, even really talented people.

Sure im stuck in the 90s but the recent influx of my favorite band alice in chains covers after they won the award the other day has got me back into a familiar wormhole on youtube. It really is amazing the spread of genres they influenced and i guess in the end they straddled many themselves, sure 'grunge' was a little depressing but it still had that punk type of do it yourself angst, AIC were even too dark and dank and depressing for grunge i reckon, probably more akin to metal yet probably not quite there for sound. Just a unique package really.

It kinda makes me respect the talent Layne had more, even when he was broken and drug-addled, with no teeth he could still bust out this song on pure muscle memory and blow it away.

For me Layne was the pick of the grunge singers.

Talking of bad teeth, there’s a new Shane MacGowan doco coming out shortly. Would have loved to see The Pogues at their peak.

Robb Flynn did a cover of it? I must find this, I need a good Monday morning laugh.

Someone who has a timbre like Layne has is just so hard to cover in general though, it's so distinctive and hard to remove from your head when it comes from someone else, even really talented people.

I was thinking that perhaps Layne was so, do it yourself and unique that technically it's impossible to cover because it was maybe not technically correct or whatever - but then I hear all these record producers and vocal coach reacters who say he was a true professional who has full control of his tool. I think one guy said he would go over the top of recordings with 3 or 4 different harmonies and nail each one on one take. No wonder the sound was so haunting, there were 5 Laynes harmonizing!

here are a few fwiw

Although the actual date is lost to history, December 16th is acknowledged as Beethoven's birthday.

He stands above most, a titan in music. Nobody makes me embrace melancholy, or conjures an intimate elation quite like him. It's as if he possesses a subliminal ability to pluck whatever emotion he wants out of you. Today is his 250th. If you indulge me, I'd love to share some of my personal favs, but this is only scratching the surface. There is so much more, and many of it you've probably heard before. Hope you enjoy!

Although the actual date is lost to history, December 16th is acknowledged as Beethoven's birthday.

He stands above most, a titan in music. Nobody makes me embrace melancholy, or conjures an intimate elation quite like him. It's as if he possesses a subliminal ability to pluck whatever emotion he wants out of you. Today is his 250th. If you indulge me, I'd love to share some of my personal favs, but this is only scratching the surface. There is so much more, and many of it you've probably heard before. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for sharing I look forward to listening to all these clips you have posted.
Did you ever watch the “In Search of Beethoven documentary that came out about 10-11 years ago??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back