Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

jmoo wan it's here and it's great. 2 days from Adelaide. I'm pretty impressed.

Edit after playing it for a bit: The only gripe I have is that the frets are a bit grainy which isn't very pleasant. I'm pretty sure the one I played in the store wasn't this bad but maybe I just didn't notice it at the time. I only played it for about 5 minutes if that. It's not a huge deal for me because I can just polish the frets but you may want to keep that in mind maybe?
Mine arrived today! It's freaking awesome! It sounds amazing - makes my old guitar feel like this:

F86DZ8CKU4EYVZE9GJ.jpg

Here is my official review of the Yamaha'sr sound:

My wife usually will yell out, "stop playing the guitar!" just now she yelled out "Stop playing the Lime in the Coconut!"
She can now actually recognise the songs I am attempting to play.

this is a huge step up!

Last edited:

Watched a documentary on the band/duo Sparks on Amazon last week. Have been around since the 70's. I watched the trailer and thought this guy with the Hitler moustache seems oddly familiar yet I don't recall any of these songs. Got to about half way through the doco and all of a sudden this song comes up:

I was like AH HAA! That's why I know them! I remember this song from when I was a kid. I loved the tune (and it's been stuck in my head ever since) but had completely forgotten it. I remember finding the video quite disturbing at the time.. mainly because of Ron's unhinged looking visual persona. I read the band's wiki after the doco finished and this song was the only charting song they ever had in Australia (from 20 something albums!) and it only got to 14. However, minblowingly to me, it stayed at number 1 in France for six weeks!

I had forgotten all bout this song…is the doco worth watching?? Their Wikipedia write up is huge!

Ok Beery…I’ve just broken the b string on my jag. Do I just replace the string or get a whole new set?
(Probably well overdue for a new set)

Plus I’ve never tried re-stringing any of my guitars (just given the job to my brother to do but he is out of town at the moment)

Is it hard to do? got any good YouTube “how to” videos that I should watch??

Ok Beery…I’ve just broken the b string on my jag. Do I just replace the string or get a whole new set?
(Probably well overdue for a new set)

Plus I’ve never tried re-stringing any of my guitars (just given the job to my brother to do but he is out of town at the moment)

Is it hard to do? got any good YouTube “how to” videos that I should watch??
Get a whole new set you tightarse! 😁

You can keep the others as spares then unless they're really manky.

What maddog said really. There's dozens of videos. There's also a number of different ways to do it. Just pick one that makes sense to you.

I'd also recommend getting coated strings like elixirs. They last longer and don't tend to break much in my experience

Edit: another tip would be to change the strings one at a time. That way you keep a certain amount of tension on the neck and you can also check you're doing things in the right direction to avoid the trap maddog spoke of.

Last edited:
I don't care if I've posted this but it needs to be put here.

Chambermaid Swing by Parov Stelar hits soooo bloody hard.

My all time favourite and I only discovered it a few months before the first shutdowns.

Just me bumping this so fresh eyes can get a load of this banger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey dudes, I have another album/beat tape out!

This album is performed in one take using my hardware samplers. So everything you hear is being triggered as I go.
It's a horror themed, mostly hiphop set with an emphasis on a bit of fun as well, taking inspiration from old school B grade horror flicks.

It is intentionally a Halloween release, but I have had the set up my sleeve for some time.
It's a free to download or stream, but if you do decide to donate, it's going straight to Make-A-Wish, cos Halloween is for the kids!
And for every 100 streams (per song basis) it gets, I am putting $10 towards it as well.

Enjoy!

Good luck following that whoever it was! 🤣

I saw them just before they broke up in ‘97 and they were ace (didn’t give the impression of a band about to break up)
Pretty good set list

PS- 20% off vinyl at JB until tomorrow so you can pick up Badmotorfinger for about $34

Remove this Banner Ad

Back