Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you ever seen the Stones live?
I was lucky enough to pick up some last minute late release tickets during the 40 Licks tour for about $50 and they were amazing.
One catch…the tickets were behind the stage but I was stoked because I sat just 15 metres behind Charlie, and Kieth was watching Charlie for 1/2 the gig so I couldn’t have asked for better tickets. It felt a bit like this clip.

Nope never did. Would have loved to have seen the Faces too with Ron and Rod.

Jealous of your $50 tickets!
Saw them last tour.
Ron and charlie were phenomenal. Kept forgetting to enjoy the show i spent so much time watching them
Did love mick taylor coming out to do midnight rambler as well. Shame they didn't keep him there for the whole set.

Faces era rod and ron....that energy is missing from so many bands today. Proper swagger.

I know right? I'm about to do the same. That ES335 would be worth a small fortune now. Interestingly it appears to have an extra tone/volume knob on the actual pickguard unless I'm mistaken.
355 stereo
Maybe a knob bolted on to stop the pickup switch being flicked

355 stereo
Maybe a knob bolted on to stop the pickup switch being flicked
It's a master volume. Skunk Baxter used to be her guitar tech if you can believe that and he installed it on her 57 Les Paul. Must have done it to the 355 too. She said she couldn't live without it once she had it. Nice article here;

It's a master volume. Skunk Baxter used to be her guitar tech if you can believe that and he installed it on her 57 Les Paul. Must have done it to the 355 too. She said she couldn't live without it once she had it. Nice article here;

Love the idea

Speaking of such things. Should send you a pic of my tom anderson I got today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. You should.
Wmx6OHm.jpeg

Not even thr half of them
There's an SLO, mark III, superlead, flexi50 and lone star on the other side of the room :p
I just bought myself a Marshall DSL1 this morning for shits and giggles. 1 watt. Can be turned down to 0.1 of a watt. It's actually pretty cool. Even came with built in fx loop and a footswitch. You can also unplug the 8" speaker and plug it into a 12". The manual says to only plug it into a single speaker but I'm sure I read about guys running dual or even quad boxes. :think: I have a dual 12" Orange cab that I would be keen to try it through but I don't want to * anything up.

I just bought myself a Marshall DSL1 this morning for shits and giggles. 1 watt. Can be turned down to 0.1 of a watt. It's actually pretty cool. Even came with built in fx loop and a footswitch. You can also unplug the 8" speaker and plug it into a 12". The manual says to only plug it into a single speaker but I'm sure I read about guys running dual or even quad boxes. :think: I have a dual 12" Orange cab that I would be keen to try it through but I don't want to * anything up.
Nice

How much they going for? Mate is looking for an amp and he has a good multi fx/modeller/ir device. So something with a good loop would work well for him

Also, Louis Theroux has a podcast on spotify exclusively. Not too many interesting guests so far but episode 5 he interviews Nick Cave. I'm not at all a fan of his music (I like a couple of songs) but he is such a good speaker and deep thinker I found it very compelling listening.
Love Nick Cave. Doesn't get enough credit for the quality of his music

Remove this Banner Ad

Back