Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final confirmed for me something I had always thought to be immutable: Police songs lose about 80% of what makes them great when you remove Copeland.

Bipolarbear gee I've been giving this a thorough working over this week. It's an album I'll flog the guts out of, shelve it for months on end, then flog the guts out of it again some time down the track as if I've never heard it before. What an underrated classic it is in the world of thrash

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bipolarbear gee I've been giving this a thorough working over this week. It's an album I'll flog the guts out of, shelve it for months on end, then flog the guts out of it again some time down the track as if I've never heard it before. What an underrated classic it is in the world of thrash

I loved this album in high school! I haven't heard it for about 10 years though, so thanks for the reminder ;)
I remember when I first heard it, I thought that it had been influenced by Jeff Waters, it's so Annihilator.

Oh dude, I was trying to figure out which song I really liked on the ablum, as I didn't have the tracklist on the CD I used to own.
"True Believer" it's called the 2:35 mark, that used to send shivers down my spine.

I don't want to have to wait for this record for another 4 days, I know it's for sure going to be my number 1 or 2 album for the year. Back in my day albums leaked super early.

Also, these *ers released this song for their new record back in 2014... Still waiting (I guess thats a nice sum 41 reference to throw in given the above post)..... ******* Italians, prob taking a nap or making pasta or something.

You know what's amazed me for some time? The power that players like Stewart and Charlie Watts who use the traditional grip can get with their hits.

You would know more about it than me! I only know about how it sounds not how they get there, so that is interesting. I think it's extraordinary in general the sound The Police come out with with just three dudes.

There aren't many drummers that I think I notice in a positive way, but I seem to always know when it's Jeff Porcaro or Mick Fleetwood.

I'm really stoked this came out today, been hanging out for it for quite a while. I'm going to it up here but I dunno, it's a 16min song so I wouldn't really recommend it as I know not many ppl got time for rando 16min songs but I'd def recommend if you're in the mood for sitting around with some headphones on and doing some reflection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back